• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of donny2112, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (donny2112, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Bridge -- MB-3DA0BF7D8E966945 - Taken by m3r4. 8 entrants total.

t1409032366z1.png

Played about 45 minutes of Metro 2033 Redux, it looks fantastic and performs okay, but could be better, hopefully drivers and patches can improve it a bit, also the controls feels way better as far shooting goes compared to original 2033. I look forward to playing some more tomorrow.

I just had one of the most obnoxious matches in Counter-Strike. Player used hacks, got booted, came back, forfeited the game on the last match. The other players on the team knew him and were in on it, and they all quit and came back. I didn't even know you could do shit like that.

Nete

Banner Saga is just gorgeous. Brilliant artwork and great music.

I had heard some bad things about the combat, but I'm really enjoying it. Can be pretty tricky at times.

Volimar

Banner Saga is just gorgeous. Brilliant artwork and great music.

I had heard some bad things about the combat, but I'm really enjoying it. Can be pretty tricky at times.

Ah, I remember back when Banner Saga hadn't stolen my soul yet. Good times.

Does an amazing job with the atmosphere. Still my vote for GOTY.

Benedict

Just crafted the Abyss Odyssey Badge. Thinking about keeping the Katrien background thats selling for 0.73€. Last one on market sold for 0.6€.

saunderez

I personally haven't seen many bugs on Skyrim to the point I can't recall the last one I saw (I know I have seen them in the past though). Most of the issues I have had with the game I wouldn't classify as bugs but more just janky combat issues.

The best bug I ever had was at launch on the 360 version. I was wandering around in the middle of nowhere and heard a loud roar. Obviously it was a dragon. I magic'd up and got ready to face the beast and I turn around and see a horse swoop down at ridiculous speeds and breath fire on me. Hilarious.

Shadownet

Banned
The best bug I ever had was at launch on the 360 version. I was wandering around in the middle of nowhere and heard a loud roar. Obviously it was a dragon. I magic'd up and got ready to face the beast and I turn around and see a horse swoop down at ridiculous speeds and breath fire on me. Hilarious.

*using imagination since no picture*
that sounded amazing lol

Hugstable

Banned

My favorite bug in Skyrim was the one where the giants come and used to blast you off into the Sky. Made for so many funny videos lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeWYN2xiyRo

EDIT: Best clip, the old Quick Look one hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTgUm8VEWiU

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Still haven't played last light. Liked the ambience of 2033, but wasn't thrilled with the gameplay.

Last Light improved the combat portion of gameplay immensely. The stealth was a tad on the overpowered side, but guns had significant oomph whenever the situation called for them. Still a linear title, but a bit less so than 2033 was. There are a few locations that open up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Squeenix has spent the past couple of days making collection subs for its various franchises. Smells like a near-future publisher sale, which would fine by me for a change as I need to buy this (it's the only way to get the radio tower DLC).

Edit: Fixed link.

I'm more concerned that nobody was suspicious of the cat always wanting to camp out with JaseC.

Concerned about the girl? Check.
Concerned about the cat? Nope.

Haha, fortunately for the cat it wasn't the only pussy in my life. ;)

I don't think I have this one. It could use a bit of resizing, though. ;)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Is it bad that I have never heard of nor seen Saoirse Ronan outside of this thread? Never seen her in a film or show or whatever

Does she even exist outside of JaseC' twisted dreams?

edit: OK, I checked out her IMDB, I have actually seen The Grand Budapest Hotel but I couldn't remember her from it. Apart from that it appears she has starred in a whole bunch of meeeeeeeeeeeh

Yrael

Is it bad that I have never heard of nor seen Saoirse Ronan outside of this thread? Never seen her in a film or show or whatever

Does she even exist outside of JaseC' twisted dreams?

I knew of her from Peter Jackson's adaptation of "The Lovely Bones." She was in "Atonement" as well.

Arthea

mitsurugi gets super cheesy in very hard difficulty, still fun

how is dynasty warriors 8 lol

apparently not a good port as steamgaf kept saying me when I wanted to buy it. We'll wait and see if it gets patched over time and then play, ya?

Shadownet

Banned
Hanna was an okay film. But Saoirse made that film entertaining for me.
-------

Any personal impression on Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux yet? Waiting to hear them before I pull the trigger.

Arthea

I promised to post results of LYNEing my profile, and even if I'm not happy with result, a promise is a promise.

I kept redoing and rearranging it for an hour, finally with fifth variation I decided it's time to let it go. (><)

Chariot

I promised to post results of LYNEing my profile, and even if I'm not happy with result, a promise is a promise.

I kept redoing and rearranging it for an hour, finally with fifth variation I decided it's time to let it go. (><)
Can you make UNF UNF?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
edit: OK, I checked out her IMDB, I have actually seen The Grand Budapest Hotel but I couldn't remember her from it. Apart from that it appears she has starred in a whole bunch of meeeeeeeeeeeh

Hanna is probably the film with the most general appeal thus far; it's worth a watch if you have ~100 minutes to kill (I'd like to see Joe Wright attached to a Bond film one day). The other (at least) generally well-received films she's in (Atonement, Arrietty, The Way Back, How I Live Now [to a somewhat lesser extent than TWB] and of course Grand Budapest Hotel) are ones I'd only recommend if the premise is of interest. Personally, I have a soft spot for The Lovely Bones also even though I agree with the critical consensus that it's composed more of style than substance.

Beware of the money grab dlcs
mGi67Qy.png

The pricing is ridiculous. A costume pack shouldn't cost almost half that of the game itself.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

The Host is increeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedibly terrible. Don't watch it. If your wife wants to watch it with you, it's a trick. Get a divorce.

The pricing is ridiculous. A costume pack shouldn't cost almost half that of the game itself.

20&#8364; for Original Costumes seems like a fair price.

Volimar

Hanna is probably the film with the most general appeal thus far; it's worth a watch if you have ~100 minutes to kill (I'd like to see Joe Wright attached to a Bond film one day). The other (at least) generally well-received films she's in (Atonement, Arrietty, The Way Back, How I Live Now [to a somewhat lesser extent than the others] and of course Grand Budapest Hotel) are ones I'd only recommend if the premise is of interest. Personally, I have a soft spot for The Lovely Bones also even though I agree with the critical consensus that it's composed more of style than substance.

My problem with the Lovely Bones is the ending. I see what they were trying to do, I just don't like it.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
hm, the flash bundle doesnt really inspire me to play any of those games. i'll probably get more enjoyment out of the soundtracks to be honest lol

exciting to see what games are gonna be added for the jumbo bundle, though :E

Arthea

hm, the flash bundle doesnt really inspire me to play any of those games. i'll probably get more enjoyment out of the soundtracks to be honest lol

exciting to see what games are gonna be added for the jumbo bundle, though :E

DW8 with all dlcs!
believe! (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom