• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i never understand why people want pay 2 win shit like buying a reputation or money pack for saints row or sleepy dogs or whatever

but cosmetics, damn cosmetics always get the best of me :/

In the future I hope they will release a dlc bundle pack where it cost much lesser than the total amount of all dlcs
I doubt it, DW never had a complete edition AFAIK, I mean look at how many editions a game has! Regular, Special, Empire, Xtreme Legends...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My problem with the Lovely Bones is the ending. I see what they were trying to do, I just don't like it.

Yeah, it's more than a little contrived, even considering the somewhat fantastical nature of the story. The film was originally supposed to end with Harvey's death being implied rather than shown, which would have been even worse, haha.

In the future I hope they will release a dlc bundle pack where it cost much lesser than the total amount of all dlcs

It'd probably cost more. :p

Where is the current-gen graphics DLC you cheap fucking bastards.

It'll hit six months from now for €24.99. :p

aku:jiki

I started playing Van Helsing from HB. It's pretty fun, if a little janky and vague. I have no idea what I'm doing with these skills and perks and all this other shit I can level up, but I'm having some fun.

What's up with that companion, though? She was fighting a bunch in the beginning of the game but she's gone completely passive for me and I can't find a button to like activate her.

Xanathus

I started playing Van Helsing from HB. It's pretty fun, if a little janky and vague. I have no idea what I'm doing with these skills and perks and all this other shit I can level up, but I'm having some fun.

What's up with that companion, though? She was fighting a bunch in the beginning of the game but she's gone completely passive for me and I can't find a button to like activate her.

There are 3 buttons on her character icon or menu that controls her AI behavior, goes between melee, ranged or passive.

Jadax

I recommend using her in ranged mode. Melee mode I ended up wasting a lot of health pots on her since he aggroed most of the creeps and would drop really fast. If you have a lot of pots then melee works too since you can use the auto-pot functionality (she uses a pot automatically as her hp drops below a certain value).

I actually enjoyed her lines quite a bit. Thought she was a good companion, helped me survive quite a few times.

My only issue with the game was that it ended too fast. Just as I was starting to own everyone with my melee hero I entered the final fight. Oh well.

Deques

I doubt it, DW never had a complete edition AFAIK, I mean look at how many editions a game has! Regular, Special, Empire, Xtreme Legends...

They shouldn't call the Steam version complete in the first place >.<

It'd probably cost more. :p

Don't give them ideas

I recommend using her in ranged mode. Melee mode I ended up wasting a lot of health pots on her since he aggroed most of the creeps and would drop really fast. If you have a lot of pots then melee works too since you can use the auto-pot functionality (she uses a pot automatically as her hp drops below a certain value).

I actually enjoyed her lines quite a bit. Thought she was a good companion, helped me survive quite a few times.

My only issue with the game was that it ended too fast. Just as I was starting to own everyone with my melee hero I entered the final fight. Oh well.

Do you have any tips on builds? Right now I am a ranged hunter, but I read that melee builds are much stronger, but I don't find any builds at all

ss_e3f7d9da3e64debdf4efe5c73e6a31e89e8e6bae.1920x1080.jpg

Kawaii nya :3

Copons

While you guys are all posting Copons' cat, why not go to the RPGmaker contest thread and play Brodzilla? It's featuring said cat as the fluffiest villain ever. And while you're there, play the rest of the games and post your reviews! :)

GpO3gr9.gif

(so good waking up with all this fluffiness!)

Also, what he's saying, despite being just some guy in a hat, it's kinda important/funny/interesting/yolo.
There's this contest going on, where a bunch of uberGAFfers created an amateur RPG Maker game in a couple of months to win basically fame, glory and a ton of modbottable games.
Now all 12 submitted games are ready for everybody to play, review and rate here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=871409

If you have a couple of hours to spare to try some of them out, it would really be great. :)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of General_Frags, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (General_Frags, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold - Episode 1 -- MB-D6195845E421D9D4 - Taken by dave is ok. 2 entrants total.
Sequence -- MB-CFD00A07B7D79D10 - Taken by Leg-End. 6 entrants total.
Lucius -- MB-6C7BF7B2D4B4C5C0 - Taken by lukiluk. 3 entrants total.
Volt -- MB-9721236AE9B9C12B - Taken by Darth Kupi. 6 entrants total.
Dead Hungry Diner -- MB-809188DF361B0DC1 - Taken by Jadax. 2 entrants total.
1000 Amps -- MB-579EA1A100AEFEC9 - Taken by maty. 2 entrants total.
99 Levels To Hell -- MB-6C99963C237B1EEC - Taken by Cth. 2 entrants total.
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-A6D15CD0C9796F6D - Taken by Casimir. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1409088345z1.png

Dr Dogg

Hey did Ryse ever get a release date mentioned? I've seen it pop up at a few retailers for preorder now with a tentative date of either the 12th of September or the 26th. Of course one is a banned site and the other are really useless with their release dates so take that as you will but I can imagine one Untethered Horse would be quite happy if it was out so soon . Pricing is in and around £30 so even I'm tempted.

(so good waking up with all this fluffiness!)
How I imaged your avatar-like reaction.

Copons

How I imaged your avatar-like reaction.

LOL

Also, adding a simple "u", that gif could be the default reaction for when you open Steam and there are 40 new items in your inventory and your growing excitement is doomed to be cockblocked when you discover that none of those items is a cool gift at all. :(

Sendou

Totally out of the bush managed to get a code for Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming from Twitter. Excited to see how it is. First game was enjoyable for sure.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sunless Sea -- MB-AAAB074EDBC7B376 - Taken by Ozium. 12 entrants total.

t1409049887z1.png

dmix90

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

xWBm0BY.png
The Crew Beta (uPlay) -- MB-BBA222A80385237D - Taken by -Cade. 1 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
The Crew Beta (uPlay) #2 -- MB-F050E8E82DF24D8A - Taken by KainXVIII. 1 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
The Crew Beta (uPlay) #3 -- MB-50CAAE6AE1900CA4 - Taken by Ryo Hazuki. 1 entrants total.

t1409050487z1.png

Some more Crew beta keys.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dirtywhirlwind, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

xWBm0BY.png
The Crew Uplay Beta #2 -- MB-F69A5F37492A27EE
xWBm0BY.png
The Crew Uplay Beta #1 -- MB-42AA0141F19459EC

t1409050727z1.png

Ozium

omg sunless sea.. this was on my wishlist and I entered with like 30 sec left..

key doesn't work, says it's already been redeemed.. :(

gutted

Phinor

Here's couple more The Crew beta keys, beta is running now, ends on Friday. Specifically filthy Uplay keys:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Crew BETA #2 -- MB-DFBE3F9879D641B6 - Taken by Deques
The Crew BETA #1 -- MB-383DCE07A3F4AF31 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN

Hoping to put a few more hours in to The Escapists today. Only played it for a couple hours and seems there's a lot more to do in it. Hoping updates come regularly too.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
omg sunless sea.. this was on my wishlist and I entered with like 30 sec left..

key doesn't work, says it's already been redeemed.. :(

gutted

what's going on with all those anonymous giveaways lately?
I think I've already seen at least 4 of them in the past couple of days where afterwards people were saying the keys have already been redeemed ....

is someone trying to get a megagiver status by anonymously giving away used keys??? O_O

Ozium

I think I've already seen at least 4 of them in the past couple of days where afterwards people were saying the keys have already been redeemed ....

is someone trying to get a megagiver status by anonymously giving away used keys??? O_O

dunno but now I'm as salty as a sunless sea

what is the meaning of this chicanery?

JaseC

Just a little theory from the Steam Controller thread:

Yeah, true.

So, is it reasonable to think that maybe their next game (L4D3?) might have an edition bundled with the Steam controller?

Two subs appeared in the Steam registry recently, both of which include a "game" named Steam Hardware. I'd guess the larger one (Valve's stuff + a ton of third-party games) is to be bundled with Steam Machines and the smaller one (Valve's stuff + several third-party games) with the Steam Controller alone. The neat thing is both contain the Portal 2 Sixense DLC, which was previously exclusive to the now-long-gone Razer Hydra hardware bundle.

One of the bundle keys I gave away a few days ago was a duplicate as well. Tried contacting Groupees support to sort it out but I didn't get a reply. I still feel bad for the winner :(

Anyway, more beta keys

ModBot said:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

xWBm0BY.png
The Crew Beta (uPlay) -- MB-DDABB249A6BED105 - Taken by Alduin
xWBm0BY.png
The Crew Beta (uPlay) #3 -- MB-B4FD507C3C2D72D7 - Taken by Dusk Golem
xWBm0BY.png
The Crew Beta (uPlay) #2 -- MB-D42D69CE4AC64AAE - Taken by JakeD

derExperte

Note that The Crew beta keys might be region locked.

Here are mine (EU):

L8CL-KEFM-JPVC-QLLB
Q7NC-AEBP-E3UW-4DCT
A4VG-4BLK-Y4MY-9ALY

I hope it's possible for stump to find out if it's been the same person doing them.

lashman

some more beta keys - grab 'em while you can (the beta lasts until Friday)

1. FERF-3YFV-YRTE-G9DN
  2. XTDA-X7TC-G9TD-TBHW
  3. GM3M-A44W-GATB-VBV3

Sendou

Loved the newest overview to consoles in Finland's biggest magazine today. PC's minus is that "consoles are for sofa, PC's for desktop" (Where have I heard that before?). Basic PC apparently costs 500&#8364; while "hi-fi PC" costs 1500-9000&#8364; (wut). The one exclusive for PC available that they mentioned was Spin Tires. First time I heard of that game. It does look nice though. They did admit there is a lot of exclusives (weird games and MMO's).

Just a little theory from the Steam Controller thread:

Interesting. One way to get SteamBoxes fly would be giving away big number of games I guess.

Kiru

Sold my Watch_Dogs uplay code for 6 TF2 Keys yesterday. Considering it was uplay only I sold it for a good price, right ?

Coreda

Are there any devs besides CliffyB that use their face as their avatar? Need two more faces for something I'm putting together and it's difficult to find some that fit.

Arthea

Are there any devs besides CliffyB that use their face as their avatar? Need two more faces for something I'm putting together and it's difficult to find some that fit.

Copons, for example

sorry, I just had to make this joke!
on more serious note, not that I can think of anybody else.

edited: oh wait!
Denis Dyack too, I think

Cade

Did anyone else crash right after the tutorial in Super Time Force?
It froze my controller in vibrate, locked up my whole PC. Shut it down and restarted but then didn't want to do the tutorial again so I quit.

That's what I get for Day 1ing games <_<

JakeD

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JakeD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

Full Bore -- MB-D51654F57EA9BEEE - Taken by spindoctor
Savant Ascent -- MB-D1CAC98C03146FB9 - Taken by danhese007
Teleglitch -- MB-E6DF13F9E59BB157 - Taken by NingenJanai
Super Amazing Wagon Adventure -- MB-DC17704F7C3B8C58 - Taken by Gipsy Danger
Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-D1FB8EE26F195115 - Taken by dave is ok
Binding of isaac and Wrath Of Lamb -- MB-1A1CC1D5A44E641D - Taken by Cozmogramma
fez -- MB-D0087596DBE1FCC0 - Taken by creamsugar
Sword of the Stars The Pit Gold Edition -- MB-660E110A64ED5B4F - Taken by Kuroyume

i just discovered humbles "unredeemed keys" section...i'll pm the winner of teleglitch with the DLC link

lashman

I hope it's possible for stump to find out if it's been the same person doing them.

yeah, I hope so .... it's really strange :/

JaseC

That second bundle looks to be what they gave to the testers of the Steam controller. First bundle might be for reviewers?

The first bundle is what the beta testers received, I believe.

Edit: Valve never followed up its Metro: Last Light announcement despite promising to do so.

Edit: You're right about the second bundle. See below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom