• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else crash right after the tutorial in Super Time Force?
It froze my controller in vibrate, locked up my whole PC. Shut it down and restarted but then didn't want to do the tutorial again so I quit.

That's what I get for Day 1ing games <_<

That didn't happen but mine wasn't launching at first. Although a restart fixed the issue lickety split. You should push through though, the game is great.

Arthea

The first bundle is what the beta testers received.

As you seem to know everything steam related, do you happen to know how steam population is distributed around the world, percentage, I mean. Are most of users from US, for example or from rest of the world?

JakeD

hold on a sec, I don't remember teleglitch on humble coming with dlc... or did you buy it separately?
the humble roguelike bundle definitely came with the DLC in a seperate key. not sure if it was in a different bundle
Thanks a lot for teleglitch, heard it was great, it has coop right? if someone wants to play let me know, I'll try it in a couple hours.

for me to know that i would have actually had to play it ;) google suggests that it does not have any multiplayer though

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As you seem to know everything steam related, do you happen to know how steam population is distributed around the world, percentage, I mean. Are most of users from US, for example or from rest of the world?

The closest Valve offered to that was the revenue breakdown.

I thought they were given 6-8 games at most? It was in that letter they got.

I'm trying to find a list but can't.

Arthea

the humble roguelike bundle definitely came with the DLC in a seperate key. not sure if it was in a different bundle

for me to know that i would have actually had to play it ;) google suggests that it does not have any multiplayer though

Most likely I haven't bought that bundle, because I'm pretty sure I don't have that dlc. Oh well

The closest Valve offered to that was the revenue breakdown.

the hell? why they separated Europe into two parts, we totally would be a major steam force otherwise.
disappointed.gif

Sendou

"Yes, we got the games Metro Last Light Bastion FTL Arma Tactics Serious Sam Hotline Miami Beatbuddy Strike Suit Zero Don&#8217;t Starve and Painkiller: Hell and Damnation"
"Also valve collection"

I honestly think Valve will try to have some (quite large) standard selection of games that are included with each SteamBox. Maybe in tiers (more expensive systems get more) or just "choose from this list". It costs little to them.

found it, was a bit more than 6-8 titles :p

FTHtUfo.jpg

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I have to claim responsibility for some of the dupe codes that were given away over the past few days (including Sunless Sea, I'm really sorry Ozium). I did not do it to troll,to have a laugh or to boost my giver status. The reason was that I had some spare keys for some games lying around that I was not sure if they were activated. Since these games were not cheap and sought after I really didn't want to do a garbage dump giveaway as that would remove my blocklist so I decided to give them away anonymously. Also, when I accidentally gave away some dupe codes in the past I really didn't like the way some winners handled the whole situation, they basically felt entitled to the game and asked me to get them a working code before I offered to do so myself. I should really have added a message saying that the key may be a duplicate, so excuse me for not doing that

You can ban me, block me, slap me etc. I don't really care. Like I said my giveaway status doesn't matter at all to me. I enter very few giveaways and I already have a megagiver status, so doing that just for trolling would be pointless

To Ozium and the others. I'll try to rectify that and personally gift you the game on Steam when I can, as I'm very busy at the moment

JaseC

"Yes, we got the games Metro Last Light Bastion FTL Arma Tactics Serious Sam Hotline Miami Beatbuddy Strike Suit Zero Don&#8217;t Starve and Painkiller: Hell and Damnation"
"Also valve collection"

I honestly think Valve will try to have some (quite large) standard selection of games that are included with each SteamBox. Maybe in tiers (more expensive systems get more) or just "choose from this list". It costs little to them.

found it, was a bit more than 6-8 titles :p

Yeah, I found this. I still think the larger sub will be bundled with Steam Machines. If so, I'll have to buy one myself to get the Portal 2 DLC. ;)

Cade

That didn't happen but mine wasn't launching at first. Although a restart fixed the issue lickety split. You should push through though, the game is great.

Oh, I will. I enjoy the mechanics, but I just didn't wanna do it again tonight. I already quit out of The Wolf Among Us by accident and had to redo some stuff in the past few days.

Twice.

It was only 5-10 minutes but my patience for redoing stuff is at an all-time low now ;_;

JakeD

anyone else find that their internet connection goes to shit while downloading a game through uplay? i don't think its a bandwidth thing because my max DL speed is about the same as steam (which doesnt hurt my browsing at all)

couple people seem to have the same problem in Ubi's forums and fixed it by messing with the proxy settings. weird.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dear Esther -- MB-0603CCBBF4FFF3E8 - Taken by deadflower81
Don't break your W key playing this

Vuze

Don't break your W key playing this

:<<

Also, take those Crew beta keys away from me ugh
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

xWBm0BY.png
The Crew Beta 3 (uPlay) -- MB-B1AE15D3F73036A9
xWBm0BY.png
The Crew Beta (uPlay) -- MB-82543E1F368AD3D7
xWBm0BY.png
The Crew Beta 2 (uPlay) -- MB-0E8A4723A60363E0

Ozium

I have to claim responsibility for some of the dupe codes that were given away over the past few days (including Sunless Sea, I'm really sorry Ozium). I did not do it to troll,to have a laugh or to boost my giver status. The reason was that I had some spare keys for some games lying around that I was not sure if they were activated. Since these games were not cheap and sought after I really didn't want to do a garbage dump giveaway as that would remove my blocklist so I decided to give them away anonymously. Also, when I accidentally gave away some dupe codes in the past I really didn't like the way some winners handled the whole situation, they basically felt entitled to the game and asked me to get them a working code before I offered to do so myself. I should really have added a message saying that the key may be a duplicate, so excuse me for not doing that

You can slap me

*leg sweep*

thanks for the explanation (and giveaway-to-be) I get paranoid when I am anxious :/

Grief.exe

You can ban me, block me, slap me etc. I don't really care. Like I said my giveaway status doesn't matter at all to me. I enter very few giveaways and I already have a megagiver status, so doing that just for trolling would be pointless

Not a big deal, happens all the time,where people forget what games they have gifted away. No need to go the extra mile for a simple mistake.
I have a hard time believing someone else is that shallow to get mad at you.

Dr Dogg

anyone else find that their internet connection goes to shit while downloading a game through uplay? i don't think its a bandwidth thing because my max DL speed is about the same as steam (which doesnt hurt my browsing at all)

couple people seem to have the same problem in Ubi's forums and fixed it by messing with the proxy settings. weird.

That's Uplay for you. It will use any and all available bandwidth it sees (on top of fibbing about it's transfer speeds too). If you have Network Monitor installed (I don't know if Microsoft bundles this with Win 8 but earlier than you needed to download it separately) you can see what Uplay is upto and hope to reign it in. something like NetLimiter (which I think still has a free version) allows you to set a bandwidth limit, restrict access at certain times or even block it altogether on any program on your PC quite easily.

JakeD

That's Uplay for you. It will use any and all available bandwidth it sees (on top of fibbing about it's transfer speeds too). If you have Network Monitor installed (I don't know if Microsoft bundles this with Win 8 but earlier than you needed to download it separately) you can see what Uplay is upto and hope to reign it in. something like NetLimiter (which I think still has a free version) allows you to set a bandwidth limit, restrict access at certain times or even block it altogether on any program on your PC quite easily.

thanks for the info. i'll probably just let it go for now. this is the first and probably last time i'll ever have to deal with it. knowing that is a good excuse to get uplay games on steam though (even though they require uplay to open anyway)

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
That doesn't look like a Steam code? At least, Ctrl + F + Steam didn't find anything.

Enco

PvZ Garden Warfare is the most fun multiplayer game I've played since Warhawk.

Although I'm probably forgetting some. So good.

Oh and Singularity is still really good.

Quick question. I am currently repairing my Uncle's laptop. I installed Ubuntu on it to backup files. Now while I am at it, I thought I'll install Steam and try a game to see how performance is.
Do I have to close the Steam client running on my laptop or can I run two Steam clients at the same time on different machines?

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Eschalon: Book III -- MB-5B6621C69BF17C80 - Taken by Kyougar
Meltdown -- MB-A630426695902C34 - Taken by Darth Kupi
KEL: Reaper of Entropy -- MB-68198452CE8A1C19 - Taken by swx

JaseC

Quick question. I am currently repairing my Uncle's laptop. I installed Ubuntu on it to backup files. Now while I am at it, I thought I'll install Steam and try a game to see how performance is.
Do I have to close the Steam client running on my laptop or can I run to Steam clients at the same time?

Concurrent logins have been supported since the in-home streaming beta. You can't run two instances of Steam on the one system, though, just to be clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom