• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I like it so much I'd actually prefer being called softcore gamer than hardcore gamer!

But, anyway, the increasing output of games on Linux is mostly due to the fact that current developer tools make publishing for Linux extremely easy, almost to the point of just clicking the "export for Linux" button.
I mean, Unity, GameMaker, Construct, etc. all of them allow it. I don't know about AAA engines (Source shoult be fine, but Unreal, Anvil or whatever?), but I guess it's a virtuous circle, where increasing Linux userbase will lead to more engines capable to export for Linux, which will lead to more games published there, meaning more users using Linux.

image.php

StAidan

My only interest in SteamOS right now is that it works great as a "console" operating system. I can be in SteamOS as fast as (or maybe slightly faster than) my Wii U. I don't care about natively playing games on Linux, but it's perfect for streaming from my gaming PC.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It makes sense if you're Japanese/love stupid Japanese puns =p
So... what's the pun in Japanese?

Is it kinda how "bird" is used as slang for "girl" in English?

Funnily enough, in another forum I've been (jokingly) accused of being a dog lover due to taking an innocent comment I made totally out of context. Sometimes people can have a great imagination.

I'm just happy you consider me a friend at all RIonaa-chan.

Not just any birds, Pigeons! There are no Cockatiel in this game for example
that'd be even sexier.
I'm afraid of googling "cockatiel" at work, so I'd rather remain ignorant about its meaning.

Arthea

steamgaf only gladly plays shitty games - confirmed now.
Bad Rats! - gladly!
Orion: Dino Horde - even more so!

I kid, I kid

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I'm starting to feel kinda like those women whose opinions are disregarded cause of their good looks. :D

oh come on ;) I'm just kidding, lol .... it's not my fault that your avatar is just SO perfect for quoting xD

dani_dc

I'm afraid of googling "cockatiel" at work, so I'd rather remain ignorant about its meaning.

Have I scarred you that much Rionaa-chan? :(

I had a pet cockatiel when I was a kid. It's just an interesting-looking bird with a fairly decent ability to talk:

Pretty smart bird too, mine would just open the cage door and walk out, so now we just leave him roaming on his own room (kind of a storage room near kitchen, it's nearly fully just windows so he gets tons of light and gets to follow a day/night schedule and also has a good area to fly around).
And pretty good at identifying people as well, he absolute abhors my youngest sister.

Here's me with my Cockatiel:

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
these orion devs are stealing our +1s

I remember getting into a small argument with Xelios when I said that Ravaged: Zombie Apocalypse should have been a separate game to be given to owners of the original for free, haha.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Out of the Park Baseball 14 -- MB-FC55879496665A64 - Taken by Soule. 1 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition #This is not sucky at all -- MB-41DAEE70F50445C5 - Taken by Perun. 1 entrants total.
International Snooker -- MB-8603B5DF8E9E14EB - Taken by tioslash. 2 entrants total.
Wooden Sen'SeY -- MB-C93D1BC704B7D151 - Taken by Sendou. 2 entrants total.
This is super super sucky
Kill Fun Yeah -- MB-A6FD150251A5E8BC - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.

t1409064497z1.png

Zia

For some reason I thought Gang Beasts was coming out Friday, which it didn't, and that Lethal League was coming out today, which it's not. And Hatoful Boyfriend got delayed.

Fuck.

At least my Quincy Jones headphones arrive today. Thanks, Grief.

Monooboe

I also have some beta keys for The Crew EU if someone wants to try it out.

PLHP-MJDY-LQXE-DJH3
UEBM-AF6D-GRCM-F8H3
KK97-VNTA-VRAL-69D3

For some reason I thought Gang Beasts was coming out Friday, which it didn't, and that Lethal League was coming out today, which it's not. And Hatoful Boyfriend got delayed.

Fuck.

At least my Quincy Jones headphones arrive today. Thanks, Grief.

You sound like me right now. At least Lethal League is only a day away. Though yeah, Super Time Force Ultra might be a good option if you want something today.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
heart becomes haato
hato is pigeon

(If you're not groaning loudly, it's not a Japanese pun)

Fine, who am I to judge? Yesterday I spent the afternoon at work listening to an Aqua album, so it's not like I am the king of good taste.

"Turn back time" is a hell of a song, though.

Have I scarred you that much Rionaa-chan? :(
Don't worry, those nightmares don't happen too often. That said, I'll never dare play another Sonic game again.

I think Ubi has shown this time and time again already in the past lol. Not too big into The Crew anyway, I'm more of a Sim Racer fan than Arcade style racing.

Going off of the prompts i got from ACIV's challenges, there are at least 250k people who played that game on PC.

That's a big chunk of money for a game in which the PC dev costs are going to be mostly offset by the console version now that they're more PCish than ever before. Add to that Nvidia packing the game in with its new gfx cards last year and it's as close as you can get to free money.

Obviously that's simplifying things some but it really shouldn't be that hard to optimize their current gen games now that the platforms are so close to one another.

Sendou

Sooo good! Played like an hour last night and love how the game plays, you always have so many things you have to pay attention to. I still suck at trying to get all the Gold boxes in each level. Love how they do the level select also.

Glad to hear that! Definitely buying it next week but for now I'm still dedicating my time to Divinity. That's one game that managed to exceed my every expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom