• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Have I scarred you that much Rionaa-chan? :(

Pretty smart bird too, mine would just open the cage door and walk out, so now we just leave him roaming on his own room (kind of a storage room near kitchen, it's nearly fully just windows so he gets tons of light and gets to follow a day/night schedule and also has a good area to fly around).
And pretty good at identifying people as well, he absolute abhors my youngest sister.

Here's me with my Cockatiel:

My family has a Sun Conure.
Bird is an asshole to me.

BTW, it seems like there is gonna be a 4-pack of Lethal League if their Humble Widget on their site is anything to go off of, with a copy costing 10 bucks a pop. If 3 other people wanna get the game tomorrow, shoot me a PM and we can all get it and play.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Faerie Solitaire -- MB-FCAD7BC1BC143008 - Taken by Hugstable. 3 entrants total.
This sucks way less than you think it will
Sanctum Collection -- MB-F2BA870B2EC4EFA2 - Taken by Andrefpvs. 1 entrants total.
I have no idea what is included in this, if you claim it and you already own it don't worry about it
Company of Heroes 2 Skins -- MB-1CE20195EBA8DABD
Cities in Motion 2 -- MB-CA34910803A11191 - Taken by adriano999. 1 entrants total.
Zeno Clash -- MB-1E030E4F342B398B
Civilization 3 Complete -- MB-42BF417AEE057BFF
Dwarfs!? -- MB-53A1E5831884033F - Taken by deadflower81. 1 entrants total.

t1409065517z1.png

Vuze

Those are still going if somebodys interested:
The Crew Beta 3 (uPlay) -- MB-B1AE15D3F73036A9
The Crew Beta (uPlay) -- MB-82543E1F368AD3D7
The Crew Beta 2 (uPlay) -- MB-0E8A4723A60363E0

Andrefpvs

Sanctum Collection -- MB-F2BA870B2EC4EFA2 - Taken by Andrefpvs. 1 entrants total.
I have no idea what is included in this, if you claim it and you already own it don't worry about it

It was Sanctum plus both map packs and the soundtrack. Thanks, anonybro!

Arthea

Famaze is back and it's also once again a +1 for those who'd bought it previously.

http://abload.de/img/famazeffshu.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

awesome news! As I gifted a few and it was mean of them to make the gift - free!
[SPOILER]OK, I'm kidding, it is already obvious that I'm always kidding, I can stop posting that now, can't I? [/SPOILER]
nice to have +1 back, though

[quote="Jawmuncher, post: 127136246"]You're one big Farm Frenzy fan.[/QUOTE]

why wouldn't he be? those +1s don't farm themselves, you know

Hanzou

Is there a new Humble Bundle today or is there new games added to the bundle my brain is off today and their are so many bundles to keep track of.

Hugstable

Banned
Is the Flash Bundle worth it? Is the AVGN game any good? Might want to jump on this bundle and possibly the Groupees one just for Betrayer. If I could only go with one bundle which do you guys think would be the one to go for considering I don't have any games from either?

Zafir

Speaking of the crew beta, here's the extra keys I got sent. (FYI they're uplay keys so be wary)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zafir, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Crew Beta #3 -- MB-B0BE62D63DB53ADF - Taken by DECOY-LDN
The Crew Beta #2 -- MB-E088830E757BE986 - Taken by toon_link
The Crew Beta -- MB-78F93DE9F2AD181C - Taken by Circle Jerk

Turfster

Is the Flash Bundle worth it? Is the AVGN game any good? Might want to jump on this bundle and possibly the Groupees one just for Betrayer. If I could only go with one bundle which do you guys think would be the one to go for considering I don't have any games from either?

The Groupees one is really good.
The Flash bundle is more "lolnostalgia" than anything, really.

Arthea

why don't you go for both if you don't have any games?
There are more interesting games in groupees bundle imo.

edited: turfstered unsurprisingly

Jawmuncher

The groupees in my eyes is the better deal for 5 bucks.
AVGN to me is really only for the fans and perhaps people who really REALLY like neslike platformers with a bit of high difficulty (Though play with infinite lives makes it bearable).

Better overall bundle is the Groupees bundle. FWIW, the AVGN game is pretty fun, especially if you dig his videos, but its only a couple hours along and really has no replay value.

Panda Rin

busy day for me today...walking dead, dark souls 2, and metro

really digging the upgrade in 2033 so far. definitely a more enjoyable experience with the LL mechanics.

Perun

Tiny Barbarian DX is a pretty good game, I haven't played Full Bore but I heard it's decent as well. AVGN game is meh, IMO.

Hugstable

Banned
Better overall bundle is the Groupees bundle. FWIW, the AVGN game is pretty fun, especially if you dig his videos, but its only a couple hours along and really has no replay value.

The Groupees one is really good.
The Flash bundle is more "lolnostalgia" than anything, really.

why don't you go for both if you don't have any games?
There are more interesting games in groupees bundle imo.

edited: turfstered unsurprisingly

The groupees in my eyes is the better deal for 5 bucks.
AVGN to me is really only for the fans and perhaps people who really REALLY like neslike platformers with a bit of high difficulty (Though play with infinite lives makes it bearable).

Thanks for the fast answers everyone! Gonna pick up the Groupees bundle and probably just the 1$ tier for Humble Flash. Betrayer and Consortium just look really good, and the impressions of Betrayer I've seen in here seemed to mostly be positive.

Grief.exe

At least my Quincy Jones headphones arrive today. Thanks, Grief.

Oh Damn, you should have PM'd me.

Do you have a sound card with a decent amp? Or a standalone amp? Those phones have a high level of impedance.

The audio quality on those are excellent, some of the best I've heard. Unfortunately they are uncomfortable, YMMV on that aspect of course.

Hugstable

Banned
Seems I already had Super Amazing Wagon Adventure... so enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hugstable, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Amazing Wagon Adventure -- MB-5DC99198404C1EA9 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.

t1409068757z1.png

While i'm having mostly a good time with ACIV, it also feels the most disconnected of all of the AC games i've played. It's the first time in the series where i'm really feel the effects of the game having been built by a bunch of different teams.

Gone are the days of a great main character with a plot that was interesting and a cohesive experience overall. I was just remembering how epic ACII felt, how you felt like you were going through it all with Ezio and slowly getting better at this assassin's stuff from one sequence to the next. It was a lean experience, yet it took you to at least 4 different cities, none of them feeling at all like the last.

Edward? fine, sure, man is already a ruffian since he's been a pirate for some time. But the guy is also immediately a fucking assassin, too. No growth on that end whatsoever, dude is air assassinating fools pretty much from the get go, syncing viewpoints for no apparent reason, establishing a hideout for the first time (dude's been out in the Caribbean for a long ass time and it's only now that he's doing this? why?).

As an example, I just did what is essentially a tutorial mission, where the game taught me how to take down a fort using my ship. Cool stuff, sure, if i hadn't already done it twice on my own and failed to take out a massive fort on my 3rd try. It felt like a waste of time, really.

I guess they were put between a rock and a hard place as far as how to handle the beginning of their games after everyone complained about ACIII's long intro. But the thing was that ACIII's intro was the best thing about that game. You played a genuinely interesting character, the game ratcheted up the introduction of the mechanics at a steady pace, and it ends on a great note, making you want to play the remaining 2/3s of that game even though you play as boring immature turd burger assassin man.

ACIV? I just reached sequence 5 and i had no idea that i had completely 4 other sequences. Edward is growing, sure, but the whole thing seems so forced. It's like there's this great pirate game that got halfway through development and then someone at ubisoft was like, guys what the fuck are you doing how come he isn't killing people because he wants to save an alien race or some shit? just put some stealth and eavesdropping missions in there and make him wear a hoodie.

Truthfully, if it wasn't for the sea stuff being enjoyable I'm pretty sure i'd start considering putting the game down. I haven't followed Unity/Rouge at all but if they don't do something significant in the next iteration(s) then i think i'm done.

Arthea

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/251890/header_292x136.jpg[/IMG
[URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/251890"]World of Diving[/URL] will apparently be released in Early Access state today. Not sure if I want to bite. Could be cool with the Rift...[/QUOTE]

that looks interesting, I must say, I am somewhat biased as I like underwater locations, good that I ignore it for earlyaccessneess alone... but maybe I'll wishlist it, just in case it gets finished and has singleplay.

[quote="Ozium, post: 127138193"]It's like PS Home but for Steam.

[SPOILER]kind of want[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

so... you lied! how could you?!
[SPOILER]I almost believed you (><)[/SPOILER]

MRORANGE

Last Chance:

i185Lny7C9aRW.png

cK5LaD7.png
Steam Game Recommendations for September (New releases on Steam)

• Every month gaffers talk about what games should be on your radar for the upcoming month by submitting mini recommendations.
  • Check the OP to see games were highlighted by our members for this month to get an idea.

Rules:
  • 1. Choose a game that you think is worth watching out for in September Send me a PM to request.
  • 2. Write about it, 60+ words would be great, feel free to go over it.
  • 3. Send me a PM with what you have written before the deadline: 29th August

Games / Gaffers:
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Uzzy
Dead Rising 3 - MMBosstones86
Gauntlet - Hugstable
Wasteland 2 - Saunderez
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution - Rayge
Defense Grid 2 - jshackles
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - Dr Dogg
Fable Anniversary - Jawmuncher

i185Lny7C9aRW.png

r3n4ud

Have at it folks

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Tiny Barbarian DX -- MB-1369BF2DDE04C357 - Taken by bronson
Full Bore -- MB-221C121481355CF7 - Taken by Benedict

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Games / Gaffers:
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Uzzy
Dead Rising 3 - MMBosstones86
Gauntlet - Hugstable
Wasteland 2 - Saunderez
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution - Rayge
Defense Grid 2 - jshackles
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - Dr Dogg

Hmpf, September looks kinda bleak even though I'm super excited for Ethan Carter and Wasteland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom