• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I like that the EVE Online Premium Edition sub includes the Core Starter Pack content and DLC app. Most of the time that isn't the case.

Turfster

Telltale really doesn't give a fuck :l
Also I really don't understand why indie company translate their games with italian language from release date (excluding some cases) and TT doesn't, even if they sell a LOT.

They can't even be arsed to turn their hardcoded WASD QTE keys into something that supports other keyboard layouts/is editable, so...

MattyG

Banned
I already played TWD season 1 on PS3, but I haven't got season 2 yet. Should I grab both while they're on sale on Steam? Is the PC version in any way better, or should I just wait for S2 to go on sale on PSN?

Fuck yeah, my gamble on a 50% or more discount when the final episode has hit paid off :D

buying the episodes upfront is never a good deal. I got TWAU for less than 3 keys, and season 2 of the walking dead seems to be going for 3 keys atm.

Gonna hold off as i'm killing it with my backlog lately and it might go for even cheaper around halloween.

AHA-Lambda

Well interview could go either way tbh, now to endure the horrible journey back to Glasgow :/

And by the time I get home I'll need to leave walking dead and dark souls 2 dlc to tomorrow :(

How much is Half Minute Hero 2 now? I have 3 keys now and would like to buy it. Tried on Steamtrades earlier, but the seller made a misake and it was a key for HMH1.

MUnited83

For you.
buying the episodes upfront is never a good deal. I got TWAU for less than 3 keys, and season 2 of the walking dead seems to be going for 3 keys atm.

Gonna hold off as i'm killing it with my backlog lately and it might go for even cheaper around halloween.

Yeah, I'm not ever buying a Telltale game at launch. I don't like to wait for the episodes and when it's all released it will be dirt cheap anyways!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I finished up Braid today. The puzzles were pretty good, although halfway through I got tired of them and just played it as a platformer, looking up solutions that I couldn't figure out after 5-10 minutes (I know, I am a terrible human being). Music was also nice, and the art was alright, too. The rewind mechanic was really versatile, and I liked all the different implementations of it. I didn't understand the story at all beyond the ending showing that the
princess was trying to escape you

Speedrunning the game sucked, I was always off by a minute or two because I'd always fuck up the boss fights or those timing the plants so that the goobas don't die puzzles. Not to mention screwing up all of world 6 and sometimes world 1. I did like 4 runs before I got it under 45.

Overall, I think it's a good game, I guess.

Turfster

New Gamefly Kalypso Flash deals:
  • Jagged Alliance: Back in Action 75% off
  • Jagged Alliance: Collector's Bundle 75% off
  • Jagged Alliance: Crossfire 75% off
  • Legends of Pegasus 75% off
  • Omerta + DLC 75% off
  • Sine Mora 75% off

StAidan

I finished up Braid today. The puzzles were pretty good, although halfway through I got tired of them and just played it as a platformer, looking up solutions that I couldn't figure out after 5-10 minutes (I know, I am a terrible human being). Music was also nice, and the art was alright, too. The rewind mechanic was really versatile, and I liked all the different implementations of it. I didn't understand the story at all beyond the ending showing that the

Speedrunning the game sucked, I was always off by a minute or two because I'd always fuck up the boss fights or those timing the plants so that the goobas don't die puzzles. Not to mention screwing up all of world 6 and sometimes world 1. I did like 4 runs before I got it under 45.

Speedrunning puzzle games always sucks IMO. I've never had fun trying to do it, and I'll never understand why those achievements exist.

The game was great though. I pretty much ignored the vague and overcomplicated narrative. That ending sequence came as a total surprise to me, though. Gave me chills, even.

Seanspeed

Banned

I still think its fantastic and clever, but it was moreso when it first came out. The whole beautiful art style/great music/unique puzzle mechanic thing has been done quite a bit now, but Braid, while not necessarily a total pioneer in the genre, certainly was the 'Halo' that gave many the inspiration to try something similar.

NotSelf

ModBot said:
Instructions for NotSelf:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Two Brothers -- MB-D4369C9EB401C4C5 - Taken by Rand6. 1 entrants total.

t1409075597z1.png

StAidan

Hmm didn't see that deal listed til now. Is the game really good? Never heard of it before til now haha.

I'd definitely recommend it. It's short but a lot of fun. Some of the achievements provide a nice side challenge, too. I haven't gone back to it since workshop support came out, but it's possible there is some good user-created content out there. (EDIT: I guess Chariot knows what's up with that :) )

I'm bored, any point and click game I could play?

You've come to the right place!

The Journey Down Chapter 1 is a solid point and click if you can get past all the embarrassing stereotypes. And it's currently cheap as chips (maybe even cheaper?)

Hmm and that's the only one I've played and can recommend that's currently on sale. Other point and clicks I've recently played and can recommend include Fester Mudd Chapter 1, anything with "Blackwell" in it, Gemini Rue, Cognition, and the Samaritan Paradox.

Edit: Looks like a few people above me have the same ideas. Syberia was pretty good but not my favourite.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Speedrunning puzzle games always sucks IMO. I've never had fun trying to do it, and I'll never understand why those achievements exist.

The game was great though. I pretty much ignored the vague and overcomplicated narrative. That ending sequence came as a total surprise to me, though. Gave me chills, even.

Yeah, I don't understand it either. Limbo also had a nasty one where you had to finish the game with less than five deaths, which was made worse by the fact that I didn't even like Limbo much.

I read all the books, but it never formed into a story to me. The ending sequence was the only coherent thing about it besides the "your princess is in another castle" thing.

I still think its fantastic and clever, but it was moreso when it first came out. The whole beautiful art style/great music/unique puzzle mechanic thing has been done quite a bit now, but Braid, while not necessarily a total pioneer in the genre, certainly was the 'Halo' that gave many the inspiration to try something similar.

I admittedly haven't played many of these 2D puzzle platformers, but out of the ones I have, it's probably second only to The Swapper. It at least soundly beats Fez and destroys Limbo.

Really fun game. Enjoy it :)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dio Brando, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gunpoint -- MB-BE463AE938C6F0DA - Taken by Woody Invincible. 14 entrants total.

t1409076317z1.png

kami_sama

Cognition is really good.

Violett is 1.99 and has a decent enough Steam Rating and Metacritic.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/257830/

You've come to the right place!

The Journey Down Chapter 1 is a solid point and click if you can get past all the embarrassing stereotypes. And it's currently cheap as chips (maybe even cheaper?)

Hmm and that's the only one I've played and can recommend that's currently on sale. Other point and clicks I've recently played and can recommend include Fester Mudd Chapter 1, anything with "Blackwell" in it, Gemini Rue, Cognition, and the Samaritan Paradox.

Edit: Looks like a few people above me have the same ideas. Syberia was pretty good but not my favourite.

Book of Unwritten Tales is on sale here if you haven't played it. The second one as well.

Many.
The Blackwell games?
Gemini Rue?
Syberia?
Gray Matter?
It's kinda hard to offer suggestions when we don't know what you have or like =p
Thank you for your suggestions!

Shame that Amazon's deal of the day on W_D isn't a Steam Key. Bad decisions, Ubi. You're picking up where Origin/EA left off.

--

Stallion/Nabs/Turf -- let's knock out that last TR ranked achievement later, please? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom