• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sendou

Anyone know anything about this one? I know the guy made it makes great GameMaker Studio tutorials...

He does. It's just the game looks very bland. Looking at the trailer there's exactly that one grey background art. Gameplay doesn't look all that exciting either.

Ozium

He does. It's just the game looks very bland. Looking at the trailer there's exactly that one grey background art. Gameplay doesn't look all that exciting either.

the gameplay is slow but the puzzles are pretty good IMO..

I got it in a bundle though so I'm easily impressed.

Vuze

it's only 8 GB! I'm OK with people being unhappy about 30-40 GB downloads, but 8 GB?!
c'mon son.

8GB are more than enough for my DSL 2K downstream. I'm not complaining, just didn't expect a DLC to be this big but then again standalone etc. Actually it's not like Ubi wastes harddrive space with shitty looking and badly compressed pre-rendered cutscenes like various other games or blows up games for no reason like they did with Wolfenstein.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
8GB are more than enough for my DSL 2K downstream. I'm not complaining, just didn't expect a DLC to be this big but then again standalone etc. Actually it's not like Ubi wastes harddrive space with shitty looking and badly compressed pre-rendered cutscenes like various other games or blows up games for no reason like they did with Wolfenstein.

Wolfenstein has a reason: 128k by 128k textures don't come cheap.

after update (the one with logo update) steam crashed for me the first time in years (well, almost), it'll take time to iron some bugs out of this one too.
My personal list of crap wrong with BPM (oh, and most of these aren't new. I've had all but the last issue since february):

-occasionally while viewing a series of screenshots uploaded in the activity feed, selecting any screenshot in the list will only open the first one visible. (i.e. clicking on screen 1, 2, 3, or 4 only opens screen 1)
-trailers on the store only load about half of the time
-chat window will stop displaying the most recent line of text without warning. This carries across to the overlay as well as the main steam window.
-BPM will lose focus or just bug out while navigating. The display will remain the same, and you can hear or see the rest of the menu moving behind the now static image of where you were. This happens in every part of the client. friends list chat, browser, store...
-no multi-user text or voice chat supported (i.e. inviting people to chat windows like you can on the desktop side). Odd since the chatrooms for groups are accessible and those are multi-user...
-on the launch or refocus of BPM, only the background animation will be visible and BPM will become unresponsive. Alt-tabbing does not fix this, but can sometimes cause it. gotta alt-f4 BPM, open it again and hope it doesn't happen again.
-And now the client will crash without any kind of warning when attempting to view screenshots in the activity feed, which I guess fixes the other bug it had? lol.

Valve pls. There's more than this, and I'm sure I'll find more, but this is just dumb.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Anyone played Unrest? Looks pretty interesting RPG/adventure game set in ancient India.

I think Turfster is still one of the only people who has actively campaigned to have someone pay attention to this game, which is a shame as it does look interesting.

I could have sworn someone did actually do a review for this but search is failing me, all I can find is a RPS Wot I Think link.

Arthea

Through a trader

This one for example

oh! now I get it. I thought it was suspicious all suddenly are buying Freedom Cry.
I would like to get one for that price too, probably Should I?

edited: actually, if someone from Japan steamgaf is willing to buy one for me, I'd paypal.
edit2: it is not region locked, is it?

Shadownet

Banned
If someone can get me a copy of Freedom Cry. I'll be sure to repay you back 1 TF Key/Paypal tomorrow. I'm offline right now.

Please quote this if you're going to :) thanks a million!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
How do you use TF2Outpost? I found a trade I want to do, but I have no clue how to do it.

Often, you leave a comment on the page of the deal you want to make with the exact trade you have in mind. The trader will sometimes add you themselves to steam right away, sometimes they won't for a while depending on sleep, work, etc. Othertimes they'll ask you to just add them to steam and ask for the trade on there.

Pretty much just the "Hey, I want this" is covered by TF2 Outpost, the trade itself is still handled through the Steam client.

Often, you leave a comment on the page of the deal you want to make with the exact trade you have in mind. The trader will sometimes add you themselves to steam right away, sometimes they won't for a while depending on sleep, work, etc. Othertimes they'll ask you to just add them to steam and ask for the trade on there.

Pretty much just the "Hey, I want this" is covered by TF2 Outpost, the trade itself is still handled through the Steam client.

Thanks a lot, that's what I figured, just left a message on the trade, a bit weird that's not more automated.

I have to add 5 buck to my steam wallet? fuck this shit, why can't I just add what I need to buy a key? :(

Shadownet

Banned
I can help you

Thanks Deques :D if you want. pm me your Paypal and I'll transfer you $2. Or I can pay you in key tomorrow :3

Thanks a lot, that's what I figured, just left a message on the trade, a bit weird that's not more automated.

I have to add 5 buck to my steam wallet? fuck this shit, why can't I just add what I need to buy a key? :(
Some keys sellers let you do Paypal. I buy from Sub or this reliable guy named Ikkyu.
So I just pay them from my PayPal for keys.

AHA-Lambda

If someone can get me a copy of Freedom Cry. I'll be sure to repay you back 1 TF Key/Paypal tomorrow. I'm offline right now.

Please quote this if you're going to :) thanks a million!

Same here please! I'm at work right now, I can repay when I get home! :(

Ryne

Nice price mistake - because of it this will be my first entry into Assassin's Creed. Probably will end up buying 4 if I like it.

Thanks for the advice!

Copons

gafjki6i.jpg

Also, when viewing the Who's Posted? list, you can click the figure opposite a username to see a list of their posts.

#4 is like WOAH
Until now I've had a bookmark with an old wall of shame link, and every time I needed it I used its url changing the thread id. :D

1) just blew my mind. I didn't know. How could I not know? And here I thought I knew how to NeoGAF.

How did you manage this forum all this time? :eek:
That was the reason why I've rarely browsed GAF on mobile, until the following quote:

Go to Preferences->Thread Arrows Go to->Choose "First Unread"

I would like to request that this is the default setting. Instead of Last Page, who wants to go directly to last page anyway?

<3

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Well now I'm wondering if I want AC4:FC too. I didn't even know it existed until just now. I can probably do without it though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
From what I've seen they don't look particularly good tho :p

Haha, yeah, that's the other side of the coin: the textures need space to stretch their wings and even a 50GB BD isn't quite enough.

Dr Dogg

See what we've become? "I didn't know I wanted this thing until it was available for cheap". Bundles have destroyed us all!

Milamber

See what we've become? "I didn't know I wanted this thing until it was available for cheap". Bundles have destroyed us all!

Exactly, Humble Bundles example may have destroyed the indie scene to jump away from PC. How do you get noticed now that people expect you to price your game under $4.99 or else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom