• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

Is TWD-S2 complete yet or are they still releasing episodes?

edit: I could probably figure this out myself by clicking on it, but I don't want no spoilers

Vuze

edit: I could probably figure this out myself by clicking on it, but I don't want no spoilers

It's complete as of yesterday. They will eventually release DLC as with the first season but the main storyline is finished for season 2.

Divius

It's complete as of yesterday. They will eventually release DLC as with the first season but the main storyline is finished for season 2.
Cool, thanks.

I really don't like the business of releasing stuff episodes at a time, I feel bad for the people who picked it up early at full price. "here's an hour or two of gameplay, we'll release the rest later lolol ps thanks for your money"

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

It's complete in the sense that

there are three VERY distinctly different endings, which makes people wonder how they can possibly make a coherent beginning story line for Season 3. Some people suspect this is truly the end of the Walking Dead games, others think Season 3 might have completely different characters involved.

I'm trying to reset my UPlay password to try the beta for The Crew. I've requested 3 reset links and every time I enter a new password, it says that the form has expired. This is why UPlay needs to be banished from PC gaming.

Copons

I think this 'too many games on Steam' thing is 6 of one half a dozen of the other. There are more games published on Steam this year than I'd play in my lifetime but that doesn't mean I need to buy and play every single one. Yes too much flowing through the gates makes it hard for visibility of your own title but if you're expecting to put a game on Steam and let that do the marketing and publicity for you, especially when you have competition in visibility, then you need to adapt to that and find other means to get the word out. Realistically trying to promote a product by just the storefront and the reception the game gets on it's own is asking for trouble. How many of you here use just the front page of the store to keep you informed about what is coming to Steam? Even before the floodgates opened did you use the top sellers list to aid your purchasing decisions?

I get the feeling a lot of people, on both sides of the fence, expect Valve to do more than just be a marketplace. But should the responsibility fall on Valve? Shouldn't the onus being on the content creator to promote their product using the tools available to them? Granted while Steam does offer some ability to promote items outside of discounts, offers and sales the others are somewhat limited due to their design. You could argue the more proactive developers, who visit message boards, send out early copies to the press and the new craze of 'personalities', who have a presence on social media, stream their games, appear on podcasts or do interviews with the media etc. are the ones who deserve a bit of sympathy as at least they are trying to get their game noticed by other means.

I'm with you on this.

I've never even looked Steam storefront (like, when I start writing "steam" in the Chrome bar, the first suggestion is always the community, and never the store), and basically everything I bought was from choices educated by word of mouth or trusted reviews.

I always think of the most noticeable example (for me): Cook, Serve, Delicious!
If chubigans wasn't active here or on his blog or on Gamasutra, I'd have probably never even known about what became one of my favorite games ever.

There are plenty of ways to advertise a game, and if it's good, the storefront really doesn't matter at all.

Vuze

Cool, thanks.

I really don't like the business of releasing stuff episodes at a time, I feel bad for the people who picked it up early at full price. "here's an hour or two of gameplay, we'll release the rest later lolol ps thanks for your money"
I got it for 10€ at launch so I don't feel to bad but yeah, I'll wait with season 3 until it's complete I guess.
How is everyone doing?
Hehe - what happened to the guy anyway? You guys scared him away yesterday? :D
It's complete in the sense that

there are three VERY distinctly different endings, which makes people wonder how they can possibly make a coherent beginning story line for Season 3. Some people suspect this is truly the end of the Walking Dead games, others think Season 3 might have completely different characters involved.
TWD S02 finale spoiler obviously
Three? I guess Jane alive, Kenny alive and...? I chose to let Jane die and stay at Wellington without Kenny.

Dlc? Is this confirmed? I hadn't heard this :/
No, just my guess as they had one for season 1 as well :D

Rhaknar talked about a game coming out soon and that with the prequel of that he "vanished" for some weeks and to expect the same happen with the new title. Turfster also mentioned this last week.
I guess the game Rhaknar talked about did come out. I don't think he left the thread or gaf. Guess he's just busy loosing himself in a game.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I made a giveaway and blocked said person.

Nice giveaway :) Crossing my fingers for Prey

A thread back that's who I was mentioning as having not shown up here in awhile.
All that BS drove him away tsk tsk.

I was talking with him on Steam a couple of days ago and he refused to share the reason for leaving SteamGAF. The frequent OT derailings have died down, so I'm guessing it's about something else (hopefully not my recent behavior). Hope that he returns one day

Hugstable

Banned
Nice giveaway :) Crossing my fingers for Prey

I was talking with him on Steam a couple of days ago and he refused to share the reason for leaving SteamGAF. The frequent OT derailings have died down, so I'm guessing it's about something else (hopefully not my recent behavior). Hope that he returns one day

I always just thought it was all the OT derailings that were happening at the time after all the Alpacalypse and Waifu stuff. Plus Warlords of Dreanor is coming soon so I'm pretty sure he was wanting to jump into that. It would be awesome to see Rhaknar come back also!

Who is said person? What happened?

I missed most of it also, but new poster was going around basically making 5 posts "pls gimmie keys" trying to up his post count to enter giveaways while at the same time begging for keys lol.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
TWD S02 finale spoiler obviously
Three? I guess Jane alive, Kenny alive and...? I chose to let Jane die and stay at Wellington without Kenny.

Obviously a spoilery reply:
You can also let Kenny kill Jane and then afterwards you can shoot Kenny, leaving Clementine alone with AJ.

"I don't want no spoilers" - me

*sees reply with large spoilertext*

Shaaaaacklesss!! *shakes fist*

Haha sorry. =P

Ronik

All this talk of killing birds makes me think you guys are spoiling the ending to Hatoful Boyfriend.

Some endings are much crazier. People who bought that game thinking "lol birds" will be very suprised, some of the routes are pretty batshit insane and dark.

Grief.exe

Rhaknar talked about a game coming out soon and that with the prequel of that he "vanished" for some weeks and to expect the same happen with the new title. Turfster also mentioned this last week.
I guess the game Rhaknar talked about did come out. I don't think he left the thread or gaf. Guess he's just busy loosing himself in a game.

If I remember correctly, the game he was referring to was the new World of Warcraft expansion.

tav7623

So, should I get Call of Juarez on Ebay for $5? Or will it be coming back?

Couldn't tell ya if it was coming back or not, so I'd say go for it also if you get the chance to get the fourth game in the series (Gunslinger) cheap go for it as it's imo a pretty good arcade shooter.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
You gotta admit though, this guy had balls. Unlike other leechers, he publicly stated his intentions for joining SteamGAF.

Also he must have set a record as the fastest new member to enter the community blacklist

Zeliard

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Orcs Must Die 2 -- MB-FFC1649E3841D8A4 - Taken by KingDirk

tav7623

Steam | September 2014 - Nice thread, btw. pls gimme all the keys.

3879-animated_gif-chuck_norris-dodgeball-thumbs_up.gif

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Woah..... just woah! This looks absolutely brilliant. This is like the devs took a look in my brain and built the magic fps gameplay of my dreams!
Seems I had this wishlisted already.

Also, damn. Hitbox's stream quality is superb.

thanks, man :) glad you enjoyed the stream :) and thanks for sticking until the very end :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom