• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

for someone who didn't like single AssCreed so far, I surely have/played a lot of them.
It has to click some time, if I try long enough, no?

Oh wow for 1 JPY I'd even play an AC.

does someone have a spare one to give to me? how does even work to trade 1 JPY? it's like 0.0000000001 cent lol

it's not how it works, unless you live in Japan, you know (><)

Copons

Oh wow for 1 JPY I'd even play an AC.

does someone have a spare one to give to me? how does even work to trade 1 JPY? it's like 0.0000000001 cent lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it good or is bad like Ac4?

It's just the DLC for Black Flag made standalone, so I wouldn't bother in your case. You play a different character but mechanically and structurally the games are quite similar -- the naval component is still prominent, for example.

Oh god I won two copies of Terraria and now I am a giant jerk ._.

Now I have to learn how to give stuff away. Shout out to Ingueferroque for originally giving this one away.
ModBot said:
Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Terraria -- MB-D3309842C67203DE - Taken by GrinningColossus. 2 entrants total.

t1408539934z1.png

Dr Dogg

Just checked my TF2 backpack and have seen about £6 of hats and promo items that weren't there before. Kerching!

Also have a spare copy if anybody is interested.

Considering my previous comments (that and I'm a massive hypocrite) and I only need the standalone for the full set if you still have a copy available me please?

Sent you a PM just incase ;)

Evrain

Same here, looking for a spare copy (Amazon GC or Paypal preferred, don't have enough to load funds into my wallet until tomorrow)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw the new Groupees bundle. So Twinsen's Odyssey is coming to Steam? Sometimes it's good to be alive.

hitoshi

Its a national holiday in Hungary, so happy birthday, Hungary - here are two games to celebrate.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hitoshi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Deadlight -- MB-35C2C2B9F0D36E6E - Taken by anastef
Terraria -- MB-FAEE210F3930815F - Taken by creamsugar

Ozium

Had zERO interest in the latest Groupees Build-A-Greenlight Bundle but that bonus game looks freakin' wicked!

Now I gotta figure out which two games to select in order to get that sweet Wickland game.

Kiru

Unless you have to have each and every game on Steam the GOG version of the first game is the one to get. DRM free and lots of swanky extras. Usually goes in offer at around 60% off during their sales.

http://www.gog.com/game/assassins_creed_directors_cut

Hm I think I should have AssCreed drm free on a freebie magazine disc somewhere. Essentially the same, but without all the extra stuff. I would still prefer a steam copy for game tracking, lol. Steam really changed me...

Arthea

Had zERO interest in the latest Groupees Build-A-Greenlight Bundle but that bonus game looks freakin' wicked!

Now I gotta figure out which two games to select in order to get that sweet Wickland game.

If you want my opinion get Snow Light (never too many VNs) and Hearthlands (although Irregular Zone sounds interesting too).

If you want my opinion get Snow Light (never too many VNs) and Hearthlands (although Irregular Zone sounds interesting too).

I was super interested in that Bundle for Snow Light. The promo image looks really nice but the art in the video looks a bit less nice, to put it mildly. Is it still a decent VN?

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
I'm sure everyone already owns this due to the price drop but a game's a game:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (greycolumbus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle -- MB-7B887B2D623E0C7C - Taken by 3chopl0x

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

THE MYSTERIOUS CITIES OF GOLD -- MB-874847C667A731A6 - Taken by hitoshi

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I remember being kind of interested in the Desmond story when playing AC2. I think I played the next one, (Revelations? Brotherhood?) but I haven't actually played since then. Have they shit the bed with the modern-day storyline in the recent games?

Arthea

I was super interested in that Bundle for Snow Light. The promo image looks really nice but the art in the video looks a bit less nice, to put it mildly. Is it still a decent VN?

I have no idea! but if it'll get greenlit and released, I'll play it and know.
not a fan of gameplay being QTE ridden, but hopefully the story will make up for it

edited: it does look kinda bad though, I agree.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I remember being kind of interested in the Desmond story when playing AC2. I think I played the next one, (Revelations? Brotherhood?) but I haven't actually played since then. Have they shit the bed with the modern-day storyline in the recent games?

Yes. It doesn't go anywhere interesting and AssCreed 3's ending in particular, which closes off the Desmond arc, is just hilarious in how bad it is.

Oh yes. Very much so. Although the modern-day stuff in ACIV was pretty cool, but it has nothing to do with Desmond.

zkylon

zkylewd
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

THE MYSTERIOUS CITIES OF GOLD -- MB-874847C667A731A6 - Taken by hitoshi
dam it's dark in my room and for a second i mistook that banner for like ghibli art

I remember my roommate finding a black widow on his bed. Ah, college.

pls stop with these stories :/

Vazduh

Here you go guys!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-0B3F39600C764F48 - Taken by KageZero

Ozium

oh dear...

Oh yes. Very much so. Although the modern-day stuff in ACIV was pretty cool, but it has nothing to do with Desmond.

err...
there's a cut scene about abstergo recovering desmond's corpse and using it for dna extraction

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yes. It doesn't go anywhere interesting and AssCreed 3's ending in particular, which closes off the Desmond arc, is just hilarious in how bad it is.

I thought as much. I heard about AC4 having a "we're making a computer game!" modern day thing and so thought they must have washed their hands of the previous story. Oh well!

zkylon

zkylewd
it gets pretty dumb but it's still secondary stuff

bulk of the games (at least the ones i've played which are ass bros and ass 3) is still in the fun lands of the past

Dr Dogg

For me the present day stuff in the first felt like a side story but the focus was mainly on Altair. With II it certainly got a lot more involved and interesting but the world inside the Animus was still better until the end where the whole Those That Came Before cliffhanger made it seem like there was going to be some decent story content for a later game set in the present day. Brotherhood probably has the best present day sections for me as you get to interact with the environment more than before and the last sequence felt like is was going to be a segue into the next game set in the present day.

Sadly Revelations had the whole Black Room thing going on that seemed to go away from what I thought was going to happen. III felt like it took what was left of this present day concept of a game and just used it sparing as the frame to Conor's story. Ended up being a lot of missed potential for me but I'm glad it got rehashed for IV where your a faceless employee working to make vidya gaems when you uncover the plot of Abstergo.

Every AC after III involves Desmond. Literally.

Well at least in Black Flag you do get some closure getting to see
his autopsy but even that hasn't killed
the bastard off it seems.

Saty

here you go.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Terraria -- MB-F317E83A27D60F53 - Taken by Divius
Deadlight -- MB-9CE9A4F9BD3CDFE9 - Taken by wetflame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom