• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't decide if I should get the Xbox One controller for my PC (already have a 360 wireless controller) or get The Wind Waker HD and The Last of Us Remastered (which I already completed on PS3 but I like the multiplayer).

I'd say Wind Waker HD and TLoU if you already have a working controller.

inyue

Banned
Any people from Japan? Looks like they fully changed to YEN and the looks like A LOT of publishers jumped on the bandwagon and are increasing prices...

$100 for Black Ops 2, $83 for AC3, $80 for DS2... cmon....

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
so many horror games coming out ... you truly must be in Heaven Hell right now :p

You better believe it, hoping they stick around this generation, but I'll even just be happy if this is just a flash of a bunch of horror games at once. I'm guessing if they stick or leave again is based on how these titles all perform, if they do good then likely horror is back for bigger studios again. If they falter, then likely be going quiet again, back to slumber and indie devs.

Dusk_Golem how is Darkwood?

I want a new Horror game

Haven't had a chance to play it yet (so much to play), but the impressions from others have been very positive.

Pachimari

Wait, how do I get Freedom Cry for 1 yen?

I'm super big on Assassin's Creed and only lack Freedom Cry and Liberation on PC.

Kiru

Any people from Japan? Looks like they fully changed to YEN and the looks like A LOT of publishers jumped on the bandwagon and are increasing prices...

You poor souls :(

Wait, how do I get Freedom Cry for 1 yen?

I'm super big on Assassin's Creed and only lack Freedom Cry and Liberation on PC.

Not possible anymore. But you can find traders who want 1 TF2 key for a copy.

Divius

Putting idle master to work, let's see how this bad boy works

15 card drops remaining
5 games with drops remaining

work your magic

Dr Dogg

Man the details in the environments and the draw distance in that Witcher III vid are just jaw dropping. Gahhh!!! It's ages until February. thankfully there still more RPG goodness out before to fill the void and even just the beta of PoE has really scratched that itch.

liezryou

I wonder if you can actually buy something from the JP store. While you're waiting for Valve to address your ticket, keep an eye out for another 1 JPY price mistake. ;)

Oh wait, i know what it is. 3 years ago, when i just started steaming, one of the ex-admins of neogaf added steam wallet for me from japan (it was dollars back then). So i assume that registered my account as japanese and since yen just launched it switched my account automatically to my first location of steam wallet adding.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh wait, i know what it is. 3 years ago, when i just started steaming, one of the ex-admins of neogaf added steam wallet for me from japan (it was dollars back then). So i assume that registered my account as japanese and since yen just launched it switched my account automatically to my first location of steam wallet adding.

Mystery solved!

Milamber

Now he has to just go to Steam Support and attest his details to his current countries billing details and it is smooth sailing.

Ozium

Now he has to just go to Steam Support and attest his details to his current countries billing details and it is smooth sailing.

Will need to provide copy of ID, a picture of himself holding today's newspaper and a letter vouchsafing his identity stamped by a notary public.

:p

Sinople

Exactly as expected.
Games unavailable in Japan despite being Japanese, prices indexed on their console counterpart... Can't wait for the next step: no steam sales (or only -10% just for kicks).

JakeD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JakeD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

chronology -- MB-26E46FB7C8BF5D65 - Taken by KainXVIII
terraria -- MB-607C48C3B9640A34 - Taken by danhese007

humble and indiegala links

oh, also -
ModBot said:

Garshasp The Monster Slayer -- MB-8CF21F8D3F8F74AB - Taken by S1n1st3r

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Luftrausers is 75% off at GamersGate, £1.75 down from £5.99 for me. Have had a passing interest in this for a while, do any Steam-GAFfers have impressions to share?

Sendou

Luftrausers is 75% off at GamersGate, £1.75 down from £5.99 for me. Have had a passing interest in this for a while, do any Steam-GAFfers have impressions to share?

Yeah I've been spending a lot of time with LUFTRAUSERS recently trying to hunt down the last achievements. It's well worth that price. I'll be writing better thoughts later but here's a few quick pointers:

• Core gameplay is very fun
  • Fun OST even if it's just consist of few tracks. The track you hear when actually playing changes as you change your ship parts
  • You're done with the unlockables fast. That hurts the longevity of the game.
  • You can also unlocked different color schemes but I found all of them but the original one unplayable.
  • The biggest problem I have with the game: how well you do is dependant on the spawn patterns. So essentially when you get a good run you don't necessarily first think "wow I'm good" but rather "damn that was a good spawn pattern". This is of course poison for any arcade type of game and could easily kill the game for you.
  • Also the last mission is bugged and luck based because of the reason mentioned above. Annoying way to end the game.

Do you have any pro tips for 4-18? Can't get the green star.

hitoshi

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

THE MYSTERIOUS CITIES OF GOLD -- MB-874847C667A731A6 - Taken by hitoshi

Thank you, anonymous benefactor!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah I've been spending a lot of time with LUFTRAUSERS recently trying to hunt down the last achievements. It's well worth that price. I'll be writing better thoughts later but here's a few quick pointers:

• Core gameplay is very fun
  • Fun OST even if it's just consist of few tracks. The track you hear when actually playing changes as you change your ship parts
  • You're done with the unlockables fast. That hurts the longevity of the game.
  • You can also unlocked different color schemes but I found all of them but the original one unplayable.
  • The biggest problem I have with the game: how well you do is dependant on the spawn patterns. So essentially when you get a good run you don't necessarily first think "wow I'm good" but rather "damn that was a good spawn pattern". This is of course poison for any arcade type of game and could easily kill the game for you.
  • Also the last mission is bugged and luck based because of the reason mentioned above. Annoying way to end the game.

Thanks, that's actually really helpful. I'll have a think about whether I want to spend Real Money on it now or wait for the same discount to hit Steam.

Kiru

Completed Expendabros, but...this game really NEEDS optimizations. Entire levels did in slowmotion because...dunno. Also the game crashed twice.

Yeah I said it when it released. I think it uses an older build of their engine because it really runs like the prototype I played before on this shitty laptop. Because of added stuff it ran even worse. I have no problems with the actual Broforce game, much more stable.

Ozium

Completed Expendabros, but...this game really NEEDS optimizations. Entire levels did in slowmotion because...dunno. Also the game crashed twice.

how do you finish it? I played like 5 levels where it was literally just run to the end and shoot people.. the destructible environments were cool but there was no challenge.. there was no boss fight and the gameplay was the same.. is this what broforce is like?

if so, do not want

Is Freedom Cry standalone or not?

Bought it. Thanks for the tip. Been waiting for that game to drop in price.

Kiru

how do you finish it? I played like 5 levels where it was literally just run to the end and shoot people.. the destructible environments were cool but there was no challenge.. there was no boss fight and the gameplay was the same.. is this what broforce is like?

if so, do not want

Broforce has boss fights.

Arthea

I missed a Freedom Cry price error? Fuck my luck. :lol

Are you in Japan? If not, you didn't miss anything.

I tried to like it, but it didn't work, Metal Slug 4 life! This reminds me I still need to play 3 on hard and actually finish it this time. gosh this game is intense and insane, but fun

Ozium

debating on whether to waste a key on freedom cry or open a crate

and by open a crate i mean save it for something else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom