• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought as much. I heard about AC4 having a "we're making a computer game!" modern day thing and so thought they must have washed their hands of the previous story. Oh well!

Yeah, Abstergo in Black Flag is quite clearly Ubisoft poking fun at itself, which is amusing enough. There are nods to 3, but beyond the obvious threads (AssCreed 3 spoilers)
Desmond is dead, the world is safe and Rebecca, Shaun and co. are still devising a plan to take down Abstergo/the Templars
the story is self-contained -- it does very little to build upon the preceding events and instead carves its own path.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

What is this?

Horror game, haven't played it yet but it got popular literally in a few days, and somehow managed to get a Steam release with the hype and sales it was getting. You play a security guard at a summer position at a Chuck-E-Cheese style place for five days, you were hired as the animatronics have been 'acting up' recently. You stay in a control room and monitor the various rooms with security cameras and controls for various things in the rooms. However, the animatronics are out to try and get you, and you have limited power (because of 'budget cuts'). You need power to keep your security doors closed, for light, and for the cameras, You need to stop the animatronics advancements from getting to you, manage your power well, and survive the five nights.

Sendou

Horror game, haven't played it yet but it got popular literally in a few days, and somehow managed to get a Steam release with the hype and sales it was getting. You play a security guard at a summer position at a Chuck-E-Cheese style place for five days, you were hired as the animatronics have been 'acting up' recently. You stay in a control room and monitor the various rooms with security cameras and controls for various things in the rooms. However, the animatronics are out to try and get you, and you have limited power (because of 'budget cuts'). You need power to keep your security doors closed, for light, and for the cameras, You need to stop the animatronics advancements from getting to you, manage your power well, and survive the five nights.

Hah that sounds actually really neat.

Volimar

I don't know if I'm under leveled or if Divinity is just really punishing...

I do know it's so slow. The dialogue boxes are kind of a pain, I wish you could just click out of them instead of having to X out.

Sendou

Tag says "Family Friendly".

Probably something you could play with your kids.

Speaking of tags I really hope there will come a day when people realize that we're not that far away from time where having 5 number game count is that rare. When that day comes we'll wish the tags were actually useful. I have to admit we have come close but even looking at that games tags... Anime, Cute, Family Friendly... How many times do we have to make these jokes before they get old?

Some random problems occurred when Valve unified some tags. Like are "Choices" and "Choices matter" the same thing? They're not for me.

$h@d0w

Free game:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me ($h@d0w, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadlight -- MB-7760910CC9056F72 - Taken by Pop. 6 entrants total.

t1408542274z1.png

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah, Abstergo in Black Flag is quite clearly Ubisoft poking fun at itself, which is amusing enough. There are nods to 3, but beyond the obvious threads (AssCreed 3 spoilers)
Desmond is dead, the world is safe and Rebecca, Shaun and co. are still devising a plan to take down Abstergo/the Templars
the story is self-contained -- it does very little to build upon the preceding events and instead carves its own path.

Interesting. Maybe I'll check it out sometime, I did enjoy the games when I played them, and they can only have got better, right? It's on my wishlist, I'll start working through the backlog. By the time I'm done the next one will be out, probably!

Welp the KOF XIII cards are completely worthless.

Finally picked up the Dishonored GOTY from GMG after waiting forever for the DLC to separately get a good discount. Screw Bethesda for making the GOTY cheaper than DLC in sales.

JaseC

Interesting. Maybe I'll check it out sometime, I did enjoy the games when I played them, and they can only have got better, right? It's on my wishlist, I'll start working through the backlog. By the time I'm done the next one will be out, probably!

I'd say AC1 > AC2 ~ Brotherhood > Revelations > Black Flag > 3 > LibHD. Unity has the potential to (finally) dethrone the original as my favourite of the bunch.

Ozium

When does that happen? I never actually finished it, played around 10 hours.

You unlock video files and text about
Miles and Daniel Cross?
from hacking various Abstergo computers.

basically says that abstergo recovered his body and took DNA to continue further memory searching for artifiacts, and this is how you are playing Edward's memories...

Dusk Golem

Contact Valve. It would seem you're on file as living in Japan.

Changing storefronts doesn't change one's Steam Wallet currency type.

It does on the internet browser. I once had my currency on the internet browser change to Euros, that link actually changed it back to dollars and saved the setting.

Dr Dogg

I tend to agree. While I love some of the new gameplay tweaks and additions II brought to the table I never felt like you were playing as an assassin. The locations of the first I feel have never been topped either. That first ride into Damascus is still one of the series highlights for me.

You unlock video files and text about
Miles and Daniel Cross?
from hacking various Abstergo computers.

basically says that abstergo recovered his body and took DNA to continue further memory searching for artifiacts, and this is how you are playing Edward's memories...

Ah, cool. I should really finish it sometime.

JaseC

It does on the internet browser. I once had my currency on the internet browser change to Euros, that link actually changed it back to dollars and saved the setting.

That must have been some sort of bug as I've never had such an issue, and it'd actually allow cross-region purchasing as your Wallet currency type would match that of the store, which is something Valve clamped down on years ago.

1ruk0dkw.jpg

2eusbcd1.jpg

3jpq7fyf.jpg

User Wallets have always been tied to the currency of the account's "home country".

Edit: You're not in fact referring to your badge page or the actual store prices themselves, are you? Changing store regions will impact the value that ES reports. E.g.:

435 card drops remaining
123 games with drops remaining
660 games eligible for booster packs
Worth Approximately 1.542,03 pуб.

And, naturally, changing storefront regions will change product prices.

Dusk Golem

I'm excited there's a high probability that Resident Evil Revelations 2 may star Claire, and the reasoning on why this is implies there's probably going to be a PC version of the game.

So many horror game announcements recently, ranging from new Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Alone in the Dark, and Fatal Frame games, so many fantastic new horror games like Routine and SOMA coming, and some interesting ones coming to Steam, like Corpse Party, REmake, and Kubus 22.

I'm excited there's a high probability that Resident Evil Revelations 2 may star Claire, and the reasoning on why this is implies there's probably going to be a PC version of the game.

So many horror game announcements recently, ranging from new Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Alone in the Dark, and Fatal Frame games, so many fantastic new horror games like Routine and SOMA coming, and some interesting ones coming to Steam, like Corpse Party and Kubus 22.
It'd be cool to get Code Veronica at the same time as Revelations 2 on Steam. Make it a preorder bonus even.

I too am enjoying the horror game resurgence. This gen is delivering in ways that I just didn't think it would.

Tizoc

Could someone save a copy of Freedom Cry for me too please? I have 1 TF2 Key I can trade for it, but I'm at work atm and won't be free for another 10ish hours ^^;

So many horror game announcements recently, ranging from new Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Alone in the Dark, and Fatal Frame games, so many fantastic new horror games like Routine and SOMA coming, and some interesting ones coming to Steam, like Corpse Party, REmake, and Kubus 22.

Just be patient Dusk, we'll get Revelations 2 on Steam within a year of its console release, or heck we might luck out and get it close to the console version's release ;)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

So many horror game announcements recently, ranging from new Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Alone in the Dark, and Fatal Frame games, so many fantastic new horror games like Routine and SOMA coming, and some interesting ones coming to Steam, like Corpse Party and Kubus 22.

so many horror games coming out ... you truly must be in Heaven Hell right now :p

Corpse Party is coming to Steam? Do you have a link?

I bought it on PSP but I would definitely double-dip for a Steam version.

Dusk Golem

It'd be cool to get Code Veronica at the same time as Revelations 2 on Steam. Make it a preorder bonus even.

I too am enjoying the horror game resurgence. This gen is delivering in ways that I just didn't think it would.

I knew horror was getting more popular since 2010, but I didn't expect a splurge of bigger studios and bigger indie projects to all be announced/released around the same time.

Just be patient Dusk, we'll get Revelations 2 on Steam within a year of its console release, or heck we might luck out and get it close to the console version's release ;)

I'm stupidly hopefuly we'll get it at the same time. It was leaked on Xbox's official site, so it's definitely real. Also I think it stars Claire since Sony had a page recently where you could put recent PS4 game icons in positions of famous paintings, and while most of the characters made sense from recent or upcoming PS4 games, Claire Redfield was there for, at the time, apparently no reason. However, with Revelations 2 leaked (and likely going to be announced very soon), that means it's probably going to be for Xbox One, PS4, PS3, and 360 (confirmed cross-gen game), which also means likely we'll get a PC version at the same time if they're dealing with mass-porting on launch anyways.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
so, ummm ... anyone still got dat Ass
Creed
still laying around? I'd take one if you do (PayPal, please)

Divius

I've got a bunch of coupons I'm sure everbody has gotten, but if not and you want them either send me a PM or hit me up on steam.

80% OFF Montague's Mount
50% OFF Dream
25% OFF Pixel Piracy (got two of these)

Dusk Golem

Corpse Party is coming to Steam? Do you have a link?

I bought it on PSP but I would definitely double-dip for a Steam version.

Confirmed by XSeed right before E3. There's a lot of news announcements, but I'll just post the official XSeed trailer they released last E3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMXxYDJIopw

Not the same as the PSP version though, it's based on the original indie PC release, which means the voice actors are different, gruesome scenes cut from the PSP version are in the PC release, it has more music than the PSP game does, an additional chapter, but has worse art and missing the extra unlockable mini-chapters from the PSP release.

JaseC

That's so wierd, I just added wallet yesterday from a US paypal and even hit the box that said confirm you live in the united states or something.

Maybe you bought something from the JP store at some point?

Pachimari

I can't decide if I should get the Xbox One controller for my PC (already have a 360 wireless controller) or get The Wind Waker HD and The Last of Us Remastered (which I already completed on PS3 but I like the multiplayer).

Confirmed by XSeed right before E3. There's a lot of news announcements, but I'll just post the official XSeed trailer they released last E3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMXxYDJIopw

Not the same as the PSP version though, it's based on the original indie PC release, which means the voice actors are different, gruesome scenes cut from the PSP version are in the PC release, it has more music than the PSP game does, an additional chapter, but has worse art and missing the extra unlockable mini-chapters from the PSP release.

Nice one. Can't wait for it. I'll play through the PSP version if I'm in dire need of those mini-chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom