• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, I missed that trick. Tried a harder one that involves using that floating blue platform on the left from start. I think that would be faster if you can get it right.

EDIT: Got it first try with that corner skip :)
Nice. :)

Yeah there is a time that is one second faster than the rest, maybe there is another trick that is possible, although some leaderboards are hacked so it's hard to say.
EDIT: I got the route over the platform twice now but it's not faster since you have to aim at so many enemies. If one can do that quickly it's probably faster but I can't do that.

Kiru

Both, there is a Standalone version but you can get it as DLC for AC4 also.

It's like it was made that way for JaseC. Assassins Creed game and 2 ways to aquire it ? JACKPOT!
tumblr_mjx79r9hOG1r2srhyo2_r1_250.gif

Dr Dogg

I still need to play AC3 before I touch anything AC4 related.

Need? Nah not really unless you want closure on the Desmond story. IV is my second favourite in the franchise as it felt more like it was harking back to an adventure game and the added exploration and pirate nature of the sea travel was a breath of fresh (sea) air.

It still has some of the series bug bears some people have like the eavesdrop missions and various fail states for being spotted but when the game lets the shackles off it's a really fun experience and makes the most of the 1 button murder combat unlike III which felt like a chore for me at times.

Still some don't like it for their own reason or still find it a boring collectable laden game but I've always seen the series of one you get out what you put into it. If it's not your bag it's not going to suddenly change things up drastically from the previous games but I felt the story had some better character moments towards the end. That and the present day stuff, while better than what happened to the Desmond story, can be considered a separate entity and not get in the way or piratey goodness.

j2K3gUU3XlIWW.png

Soon hitting 300. What should be my 300th game?
I already own Secret of the Magic Crystal and Bad Rats.

While Arthea's suggestion is great and all if you want a truely bad game then look no further than...

Bad Rats and Ride to Hell I can dig in a comical sense but Unearthed doesn't even do that for me.

totally OT
I was meaning to ask for some time, what exactly happened to your avy and why?

Seeing as some folks here freaked out when I changed it a while back I reverted back. But Doogie is getting a bit long in the tooth and hasn't had a shave in ages.
Or read that as I was bored at lunch one day and when I swapped my avatar back I went with the goateed nega-Doogie, Hoogie Douser, but took it step too far and created five in various states of unshaveness. Yeah I was reaaaaally bored.

Ozium

there is always

I don't believe this actually sells at this price.. the pub needs to see the potential for lulz and drop the price to base $5 and on sale at $1.25... if that happens then there's new mystery gift potential

btw 1 friend already owns this game... guess who?

Arthea

So expensive!!

well, it's no bad rats, as you can see
ya, it never got base price drop we hoped for (._.)

I don't believe this actually sells at this price.. the pub needs to see the potential for lulz and drop the price to base $5 and on sale at $1.25... if that happens then there's new mystery gift potential

btw 1 friend already owns this game... guess who?

my point exactly, it's much more hilarious surprise gift than bad rats could ever be, but... that price

JaseC!

Seeing as some folks here freaked out when I changed it a while back I reverted back. But Doogie is getting a bit long in the tooth and hasn't had a shave in ages.
Or read that as I was bored at lunch one day and when I swapped my avatar back I went with the goateed nega-Doogie, Hoogie Douser, but took it step too far and created five in various states of unshaveness. Yeah I was reaaaaally bored.

I never get THAT bored at my work, now I wish I would (><)

Braag

Any people from Japan? Looks like they fully changed to YEN and the looks like A LOT of publishers jumped on the bandwagon and are increasing prices...

$100 for Black Ops 2, $83 for AC3, $80 for DS2... cmon....

That's fucked up o_O
I knew games are expensive in Japan but didn't know it's so bad.

Ozium

why does steam not allow for multiple gift purchases to be bought at once... OK you will let me buy 100 copies of bad rats, but only one at a time..

awesome

On a whim I decided to get a strange Hitman's Heatmaker and give it a cool name.

We should do a TF2 night again sometime soon.

I'm in but will spycrab the entire time. Please don't kill me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's like it was made that way for JaseC. Assassins Creed game and 2 ways to aquire it ? JACKPOT!

I might actually play through it despite having finished the DLC version, just to make the wait for Unity a little less frustrating. ;)

it strange
why this game is only 1 key ?

Price mistake. Support for the Japanese Yen went live earlier and Ubi mistakenly priced Freedom Cry at 1 JPY.

Turfster

Steam friends activity feed is filled with people getting AC Freedom Cry, looks like everyone likes cheap games.

I missed it.
That's what I get for driving people to airports early in the morning =p
(Don't know if I want to play FC before 4, but if it had been cheap... eh)

Steam keys for I Shall Remain groupees BAGB1 are up via Desura.
Gamersgate has Luftrausers 75% off
Indiegala Store has Chains of Satinav and Harvey's New Eyes 80% off

I love how Ubisoft keeps fucking up game names during their sale.
Last time it was "Wofenstein", this time it's "Compagny of Heroes 2".

i keep getting an error every time i send a trade offer. Anyone else having this issue? trying to get Freedom cry.

edit: nevermind, the error must have been because the trade went through. yay! I'm actually playing through asscreedflag now so this is excellent timing for cheap dlc.

Asgaro

Not a good impression, No Man's Sky developers...

Their latest game, Joe Danger 2, has had broken achievement icons for months (years?) and they don't seem too bothered to fix it. Even though the community clearly requested a fix on the Steam subforum.

I wouldn't really care...

if it wasn't for the fact my Steam profile now looks horrible lol.

brokenachievs.PNG

Dr Dogg

I love how Ubisoft keeps fucking up game names during their sale.
Last time it was "Wofenstein", this time it's "Compagny of Heroes 2".

Lets be honest here. They can't even get their own IPs names following the same naming conventions, spellings and formating let alone not making a mess of other companies.

Jawmuncher

Need? Nah not really unless you want closure on the Desmond story. IV is my second favourite in the franchise as it felt more like it was harking back to an adventure game and the added exploration and pirate nature of the sea travel was a breath of fresh (sea) air.

It still has some of the series bug bears some people have like the eavesdrop missions and various fail states for being spotted but when the game lets the shackles off it's a really fun experience and makes the most of the 1 button murder combat unlike III which felt like a chore for me at times.

Still some don't like it for their own reason or still find it a boring collectable laden game but I've always seen the series of one you get out what you put into it. If it's not your bag it's not going to suddenly change things up drastically from the previous games but I felt the story had some better character moments towards the end. That and the present day stuff, while better than what happened to the Desmond story, can be considered a separate entity and not get in the way or piratey goodness.

While Arthea's suggestion is great and all if you want a truely bad game then look no further than...

Bad Rats and Ride to Hell I can dig in a comical sense but Unearthed doesn't even do that for me.

To be fair I haven't enjoyed any AC game very much not even AC2.
I skipped Revelations just because I was sick of Ezio after Brotherhood. I'll be jumping into 3 mainly for the American setting and I might even use a trainer to get past some of the bad parts just to help along the way if need be.

I do own Ride to Hell though. I should play that as well.

Turfster

Lets be honest here. They can't even get their own IPs names following the same naming conventions, spellings and formating let alone not making a mess of other companies.

Well, I dunno if these are for all regions, or it's just some random French dude mucking up the listings for my non French-speaking language choice.
Still kinda unprofessional ;)

ArjanN

Looks like the developers of Under Night In-Birth (Japanese 2D fighting game by the Melty Blood developers) acknowledged the requests for a PC version at least:

https://twitter.com/ryorca/status/486188026532331522
https://twitter.com/ryorca/status/486188505933283329

"International UNiB players! Thank you for so many requests for the PC version of the game! (cont.
However, we are facing some difficulties for that to happen right away... We'll see how things will go after the release of PS3 version^^"

"i'm pretty sure there are more people in the similar situation. we'll try our best to make it happen!"

"let us try our best to make it happen as soon as we can! thank you!"

Because this still needs to happen at some point :p
unibex-filiarumor2013.jpg

Turfster

I skipped Revelations just because I was sick of Ezio after Brotherhood. I'll be jumping into 3 mainly for the American setting and I might even use a trainer to get past some of the bad parts just to help along the way if need be.
I barely made it to the American setting before throwing away my controller in disgust.
That 15 day tutorial section is the worst thing they could ever have done, with the most annoying person ever =p

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I hope all of you that bought Freedom Cry will actually give it a shot and won't just have it sitting in your libraries. No prior knowledge of the AC games is required (well you can play Black Flag if you want to get more familiar with Adewale), the story is great and they added some new gameplay elements that set it apart from Black Flag. Only downside is that it is somewhat short (~4 hours) but in the case of SteamGaf this is more of a blessing because almost everyone from here already has an enormous backlog to haunt him for a lifetime

Dr Dogg

I never get THAT bored at my work, now I wish I would (><)

Well it didn't take that long and it was a lunch time I had to workthrough (which is surprisingly most lunchtimes this time of year) but here was the results.

To be fair I haven't enjoyed any AC game very much not even AC2.

I do own Ride to Hell though. I should play that as well.

If you said you enjoyed Ride to Hell more than any AC game I could totally understand where you're coming from ;)

I don't know about anyone else but more often than not I play games to be entertained and if something isn't gripping me or I'm not feeling it I likely never will. I do give every game a fair chance though but I understand that not everyone has the same tastes and types of games that they enjoy or can't stand. I mean hey I'm not a fan of The Last of Us, especially in the gameplay department but to some posts on GAF this is an act of heresy. Eh, I'll live.

Well, I dunno if these are for all regions, or it's just some random French dude mucking up the listings for my non French-speaking language choice.
Still kinda unprofessional ;)

I'm surprised their store doesn't have a disclaimer like at the start of AC games. Something like "This listing was proofread by a multicultural team with various lingual and spelling abilities". Of course I'm a massive hypocrite because I can barely spell in English let alone my awful school boy German and my stock tourist phrases in other languages.

reminder :

Csmhr.png

->European game's night<- so obviously euro folks preferred for latency reasons.

t1408899600z0.png

Slots :
1 - Robert J. Sullivan
2 - dark_inferno
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

I'll make a server shortly before the game's start, IP will be given then. Leave your Steam profile.
Mine : http://steamcommunity.com/id/RobertJSullivan/.

EDIT : pm me or I might miss your post.

you will be able to invite friends to the game on the last day if there's empty slots

Arthea

Why exactly does gmg has Velvet Ass in their top 10 must play indie games? All other games make sense more or less and I thought Velvet Ass was a horrible game, at least Turfster was insisting it is.

edited:
Doggie, you should use this one, looks devilish appropriately

RxGv7vK.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Survive -- MB-3B8898B821183E91 - Taken by swx
Another Perspective -- MB-8EE6F3D71C69AF4D - Taken by Catshade
Another Perspective #2 -- MB-365904D86B989231 - Taken by Woody Invincible
Another Perspective #3 -- MB-4CBFA0C70D9E6F5B - Taken by Saty
Another Perspective #4 -- MB-E9AC4B8A6BF9BE4D - Taken by Deques

Tripolygon

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for danhese007:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (danhese007, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-6410725451E7415F - Taken by redlacs

Hitman: Codename 47: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=tfcuVmGCD3kBcunD

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Good Luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Overruled! #3 -- MB-A888F1C9C1D10FE6 - Taken by lashman. 1 entrants total.
Overruled! #2 -- MB-A115DC44EE586498 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 5 entrants total.
Overruled! -- MB-C4A68EA9179ECCD8 - Taken by NingenJanai. 3 entrants total.
Overruled! #4 -- MB-17BFCEAF2F32E020 - Taken by wetflame. 2 entrants total.

t1408540774z1.png

Anyone still has a copy of Freedom Cry in inventory somehow?
I don't know if I'm under leveled or if Divinity is just really punishing...

I do know it's so slow. The dialogue boxes are kind of a pain, I wish you could just click out of them instead of having to X out.
But you're supposed to read everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom