• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Good Luck

thumbsupcomputerkid.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
:O Oh please do! I enjoy looking at them. Name the rare ones at least, please.

Well these pics are kind of shit, I'm getting ready to move this weekend so I'll probably have better pictures once everything is set up properly in my new place:

Games:
bPCHJQH.png

Mess of stuff my wife hates:
bsub2a9.jpg

Not pictured is my shelf of recent (3DS/NDS/Vita) handheld games. Also on the bottom of those shelves which you can't quite see is my N64 and Sega Genesis/32X and Sega CD collection. I also have some Atari 2600 stuff cased up there too. Like I said, I'll get better pictures once I get it all moved. I think the pride of my collection is my Earthbound cartridge for the Super Nintendo: my favorite game of all time.

Gaming is the one passion I've had in life that has only gotten stronger the older I get. It started when I was 5 and my grandpa bought an Atari 2600 and a few games. My grandma thought it was "such a waste of time" but my grandpa and I would play Atari together and I have such fond memories of that. A few years later, he picked up an NES and The Legend of Zelda. We had a lot of fun playing through it together, finding all of the secrets. I spent a lot of time (summers, vacations, etc) at my grandparent's house and we played through a lot of games together like Mario 3, Final Fantasy, and Simon's Quest.

Last year, my grandpa passed away. He was 87 years old. He accomplished a lot of great things in his life, by to me his greatest gift was the gift of gaming and the joy it's brought into my life. He was so proud to know that I've passed this on to my own children.

Anyway, sorry for the OT stuff. (although if you squint hard enough, you can find a PC game in the above photos)

Hugstable

Banned
Well these pics are kind of shit, I'm getting ready to move this weekend so I'll probably have better pictures once everything is set up properly in my new place:

Not pictured is my shelf of recent (3DS/NDS/Vita) handheld games. Also on the bottom of those shelves which you can't quite see is my N64 and Sega Genesis/32X and Sega CD collection. I also have some Atari 2600 stuff cased up there too. Like I said, I'll get better pictures once I get it all moved. I think the pride of my collection is my Earthbound cartridge for the Super Nintendo: my favorite game of all time.

Gaming is the one passion I've had in life that has only gotten stronger the older I get. It started when I was 5 and my grandpa bought an Atari 2600 and a few games. My grandma thought it was "such a waste of time" but my grandpa and I would play Atari together and I have such fond memories of that. A few years later, he picked up an NES and The Legend of Zelda. We had a lot of fun playing through it together, finding all of the secrets. I spent a lot of time (summers, vacations, etc) at my grandparent's house and we played through a lot of games together like Mario 3, Final Fantasy, and Simon's Quest.

Last year, my grandpa passed away. He was 87 years old. He accomplished a lot of great things in his life, by to me his greatest gift was the gift of gaming and the joy it's brought into my life. He was so proud to know that I've passed this on to my own children.

Anyway, sorry for the OT stuff. (although if you squint hard enough, you can find a PC game in the above photos)

That is a library!!!! Holy crap dude! I love that framed Dragon Quest Slime picture also. You still have a boxed copy of Secret of Mana also! You're the man Jshack!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Dat second pic, shackles. I'd have a seizure if I walked in the room and saw that.

Because of the awesomeness or because of the mess of wires everywhere? I love the awesomeness but my wife can't stand all the wires lol

That is a library!!!! Holy crap dude! I love that framed Dragon Quest Slime picture also. You still have a boxed copy of Secret of Mana also! You're the man Jshack!

My wife painted that for me! She does cool stuff like that all the time :) And that particular Secret of Mana game is just in a plastic case (though I have the box carefully folded in a cabinet).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

If a person's PC and desk is called a battlestation, that should be called a command center.

Asgaro

Not a good impression, No Man's Sky developers...

Their latest game, Joe Danger 2, has had broken achievement icons for months (years?) and they don't seem too bothered to fix it. Even though the community clearly requested a fix on the Steam subforum.

I wouldn't really care...

if it wasn't for the fact my Steam profile now looks horrible lol.

brokenachievs.PNG

Quoting myself for this...
They actually fixed it as of today!

I can't but wonder... perhaps one of the developers was reading the recent NeoGAF thread about No Man's Sky where I posted the following 2 days ago, and they finally felt the urge to fix it?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=127204409#post127204409

Anyway, thumbs up!

EDIT: 29/08/14: The developers have fixed it!

I can not trust these devs.

They aren't even bothered to fix the achievements of their latest game.
(As a result, my Steam profile looks kaput since there are 2 no-image icons.)

joedanger2.PNG

http://steamcommunity.com/app/242110/discussions/0/540743757695358190/#p1

wilflare

was trying to do my Python homework (no success)
and welp missed 7 Days to Die

sigh

EDIT: did humble ever sort out the Soundodger+ Soundtrack DLC issue?

Jawmuncher

jshackles

If a person's PC and desk is called a battlestation, that should be called a command center.

I like to call it "where I'm going to be spending 100% of my time when I retire".

That looks really nice. Also noticed you don't have PS3/360 but PS2/OGXBOX under your TV. Did you abandon new consoles?
Very sweet story about your Grandpa. Seems like a nice man to have been around with.
--
Also Sub, I entered for Far Cry 4. Let's see what comes out. Haha.

jshackles

That looks really nice. Also noticed you don't have PS3/360 but PS2/OGXBOX under your TV. Did you abandon new consoles?
Very sweet story about your Grandpa. Seems like a nice man to have been around with.

Well this is my dedicated room for "retro" gaming. In my living room I have my Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii U all connected to a much nicer 55 inch 3D TV. Although admittedly I don't have as many games for those systems.

Why is that disc face-down on top of the PS2 and not inside its case?

WHY JSHACKLES WHY?!?!

WHY?!

Because I have kids and kids do stuff like that all the time? It's just Jak and Daxter so I'm not too worried about it.

Deadbeat

Banned
You should all buy Call of Duty Black Ops 1 since its the best cod afterall. The community needs new blood (its getting kind of small now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom