• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyG

Banned
How do I use ModBot? I've got a copy of Gun Monkeys that's been in my inventory for forever, I want to do one of those garbage giveaways
assuming that's the right way to do it.
I just want that game out of my inventory, and out of my life.

And is there a way to do cupon giveaways? I have like 20 cupons that expire soon that I am NEVER going to use.

mik7697

Neo Member
Are we going to call out mik each time he wins a game now?

At least the games he wins end up on his account, unlike some other people

Man thank for the support every time i win a game in a raffle everyone shout against me...but at least if noone take the games why i can't take it? I'm asking to myself these days why people are so angry if one of the community take some keys that they want to throw away and i can't find an answer.

JustLynx

How do I use ModBot? I've got a copy of Gun Monkeys that's been in my inventory for forever, I want to do one of those garbage giveaways

And is there a way to do cupon giveaways? I have like 20 cupons that expire soon that I am NEVER going to use.

there you go ModBot Guide

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858592

(It's in the OP)

Coupon giveaways aren't possible here. Just use Trashbot or soemthing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Speaking of worthless coupons and such, I'm working on a new feature for Enhanced Steam that will let you delete stuff like that from your inventory
by actually transparently putting it in a trade offer to the "ES Trash Can" which will be similar to Trashbot

SSPssp

EDIT: did humble ever sort out the Soundodger+ Soundtrack DLC issue?

I still haven't got it fixed. I've had a bit of back and forth with Humble Support and I don't think they understand the issue.

They've told me to check the audio section in Humble and now they say it should be there in Steam if I install the game. But of course it won't be because the DLC has not activated.

I'll send another e-mail.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Baby review dump incoming:

I've never read the comics and I only tried the game because I had Family Sharing access to it. That said, I thought it was alright. The story was pretty interesting and it was neat seeing the classic fables adapted to modern day situations. It did feel like it was trying a little bit too hard to be grungy and hardcore at times to the point where I was rolling my eyes. There was a lot of interesting back story though and I do hope some of the peripheral plot points get a greater focus in future seasons. The decisions you make in the story do feel pretty pointless in keeping with TT tradition. A lot of the time it just feels like you are picking how something happens rather than actually picking the result of a situation. This is understandable when you have 5 whole episodes to keep track of, but I think I would prefer them just make a condensed 4 hour game at this point rather than releasing 10 hours over 6 months where they just can't do real decisions. The visual style did work well with both their engine and the story concept. If not for the crude animation, the game would look really great. I really wish Telltale which switch to motion capture or improve their workflow somehow because it's only going to get more painful as we get further into the new generation.

Conclusion: If you really like Telltale's recent output, I'd say go for it. If you have been lukewarm, skip it.

The recent Silent Hills announcement and a recent RTTP thread gave me the push I needed to finally crack this open after letting it rot in my library for years and I was pleasantly surprised. The story isn't the greatest by Silent Hill standards, but it does the job fine. It borrows a lot of elements from previous games and some work better than others. I wasn't a huge fan of the reuse of certain enemies as it felt like a bit of a cop out, but some of the new designs were pretty cool. The combat is a bit janky, but it's still an improvement over the previous games. I can understand the argument for not liking this (the previous games had shit combat for horror reasons!!!), but I thought it was nice for a change. My favorite aspect of the game was probably the visuals. They held up a lot better than I expected and actually impressed me at a couple points. Sure the character models leave a lot to be desired, but they did a great job with the fog effects and running around the town looked great. Some of the cutscenes had really nice direction too. Here is an album of screenshots I took while playing the game (2160p downsampled to 1080p) that has some good examples. A couple of notes about the port: It is locked at 30 frames per second and has a tendency to crash during load screens. Save points were often enough that I never got frustrated, but it's a good thing to keep in mind. The game does work perfectly with Durante's downsampling tool and benefits from the IQ boost immensely.

Conclusion: If you are a big fan of the series, I think this game is worth checking out at the 10$ price point it hits regularly during sales. If you are new to the series or horror in general there are better starting points.

This game has the most bullshit use of enemy mobs I have ever encountered in an ARPG. Let's break it down the awfulness:
  • Maps are completely coated with enemy mobs that have zero spacing making it difficult to drag mobs without accidentally pulling more enemies.
  • There appears to be enemy health value scaling in co-op making mobs incredibly difficult to handle if isolated and breaking the difficulty curve.
  • Aggro doesn't work consistently in co-op. Enemy mobs will get stuck on one player no matter what. Enemies don't lose aggro for absurd distances.
Some of the late game maps are just insane. My co-op partner and I got so fed up we actually ran through a couple of the maps towards the end, avoiding the enemies all together. Games like Torchlight II, Titan Quest and Diablo do not suffer from these kinds of issues in my experience and this really tainted my experience overall. Making things even worse was a quest that boiled down to an awful tower defense set up that was extremely tedious and went on far too long, reliance on mobs during bosses to spice things up rather than creating interesting bosses, and some really bad camera issues with foreground opaqueness. So yeah, by the end of the game we were really ready for it to be over. It feels wrong to be a complete Derrick about the game though as there were some positive aspects to the experience. The art and graphics came together perfectly in some of the maps. A forest early on and some of the later cityscapes were moody and quite pretty. Some of the visual effects of the attacks were excellent as well, particularly the explosion based ones. The writing was also pretty amusing when it came to the AI ghost who follows you around the whole game and acts as a pet would in other ARPGs. She doesn't like you very much and I liked the sassiness.

Conclusion: I wouldn't recommend this game to people who are only casual fans of the ARPG genre at all. It doesn't do anything interesting and it has a lot of design issues. I guess if you eat, sleep and breathe this stuff it might be worth it?

Mono

Speaking of worthless coupons and such, I'm working on a new feature for Enhanced Steam that will let you delete stuff like that from your inventory
by actually transparently putting it in a trade offer to the "ES Trash Can" which will be similar to Trashbot

That's a super awesome feature! I have no idea what Steam is thinking to not let you delete those coupons.

Hugstable

Banned
Ugh what the hell, I've gotten 6 random adds today with no common friends... "NOPE.gif"

All I have is very few CS:GO items, why don't these scammers actually go for people that actually have items worth something, leave me alone lol

Backlogger

Some Desura games that I am sure somebody wants
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

header_292x136.jpg

ulgzbKC.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Chester (Desura) -- MB-7FDAC6DF6651C5DA
ulgzbKC.png
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe (Desura) -- MB-BDF23F69086A8DF3 - Taken by Darth Kupi

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Boo this man. Booooo.

Now if it was Ratched and Clank, then I would understand.

Hey, not that it's a bad game (I actually really love the first J&D) it's that I think I have 3 copies of it.

Shadownet

Banned
I managed to find some money in my Monopoly box. (secret stash.) I was going to get AC:Unity with it. But since it's been a long time since I gave away anything. Now might be a good moment to. Good luck.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Walking Dead Season 2 -- MB-AD639E52A5247130 - Taken by Hero Prinny. 32 entrants total.
Gauntlet -- MB-B80B1E154A2F1F8E - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 38 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3 -- MB-B604D09DF80B9D23 - Taken by arts&crafts. 57 entrants total.

t1409343087z1.png

So is there any reason my Inventory wouldn't be updating? I had a bunch of Idlemaster drops and buy orders fulfilled, but none of them are showing up in my inventory, via the site or the Steam client.

Strider

It was a long, bloody, exhausting journey... But me and Shadow finally ranked up in CS:GO.

--

Also... Witcher 3 giveaway O_O

gimme keys pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom