• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So is there any reason my Inventory wouldn't be updating? I had a bunch of Idlemaster drops and buy orders fulfilled, but none of them are showing up in my inventory, via the site or the Steam client.

Someone on my friends list had this problem the other day. They eventually showed up on their own.

Speaking of worthless coupons and such, I'm working on a new feature for Enhanced Steam that will let you delete stuff like that from your inventory
by actually transparently putting it in a trade offer to the "ES Trash Can" which will be similar to Trashbot
That's some dedication you put into your "baby". Does the wife get jealous when you spend more time with ES than her? :p
But seriously, very nice feature. How will it work though? Can anyone who sends coupons get other coupons?
--
I managed to find some money in my Monopoly box. (secret stash.) I was going to get AC:Unity with it. But since it's been a long time since I gave away anything. Now might be a good moment to. Good luck.
That's so awesome. Thanks for the chance! You should make yourself happy too man. Also, come tomorrow evening, I'll have a lot - LOT - of time practically alone (only me and my bro for one month!). So I hope we can play CS:GO! Had lots of fun the last times we played.

mik7697

Neo Member
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mik7697, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Ship -- MB-D6F2149587D7A8D7
Gun Monkeys -- MB-200CD2FECE306428

t1409343806z1.png
[/QUOTE]

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's some dedication you put into your "baby". Does the wife get jealous when you spend more time with ES than her? :p
But seriously, very nice feature. How will it work though? Can anyone who sends coupons get other coupons?

I'm thinking it'll kind of be a "one way street". There will be a "delete item" button in your inventory
initially just for coupons
and pressing it will initiate the trade offer, which will be immediately accepted. I might also add a "Are you sure you want to delete this item?" dialog box. Then your page will refresh and the item will be gone. I might set the trash can up with a bot that will allow people to send it trade offers for stuff in it's inventory (so you can get coupons back or "dig through the trash") but that will probably come later.

Crosspost

FAQ : Q : How come all the best games are for european folks ?

Answer

If you have room, I think this should be around 1:10pm tomorrow for me. I think I'll be around, so tentatively sign me up for 4 player mayhem. It's GGPO, so hopefully my ping from being NA won't make a huge difference.

Or you could tell me to get lost cause I'm not EU GAF. ;)

mik7697

Neo Member
But you just won The Ship from a giveaway earlier. Does this mean you are giving away other people's games?

No i sent a thank you message to woody and after seeing people attacked me i decided to buy a new copy and giveaway that. you can see yourselves in my steam library the game

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The new 3DS is actually called "New 3DS"? Nintendo really need to work on their console naming.

Grief posted a decent list of alternative names in one of the 3DS threads. 3DS Advance has a nice ring to it. So does the Super 3DS.

Weird, Five Nights at Freddie's is half off at humble. Seems quick. Might might for spookin purposes.

Well, I guess it's time to be spooked then.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
PC is getting the update to State of Decay called Year One. Undead Labs confirmed it in the press release, but it seems like it's more likely to be a separate game rather than DLC based on their wording (boxed release etc.) I hope they figure out how to make Cryengine not look like all it's colors are crushed.

Meh, i realize mik1492 is a controversial figure in these parts but i still think that gift shaming is a big no-no. Rather someone give a freebie than hold onto it, rather encourage gifting than discourage it every single time.

DocSeuss

What happens when you attempt to force AA through AMD drivers with State of Decay.

:(

Meh, i realize mik1492 is a controversial figure in these parts but i still think that gift shaming is a big no-no. Rather someone give a freebie than hold onto it, rather encourage gifting than discourage it every single time.

Remember how DarthKupi was exploiting my giveaways and taking like... 30 games?

I think shaming should happen from time to time.

def sim

PC is getting the update to State of Decay called Year One. Undead Labs confirmed it in the press release, but it seems like it's more likely to be a separate game rather than DLC based on their wording (boxed release etc.) I hope they figure out how to make Cryengine not look like all it's colors are crushed.

Word. The evening is overly harsh, enough for me to stop playing. Squinting to see around the black crush isn't very fun. :(

Chariot

I don't like his attitude. The games he took - those were peanuts, he didn't swipe some Witcher 3. But he seems like trying to pay himself with the lowest effort possible into an exclusive gift club. His participation here rests solely around gifts, wether its him wanting free games, or him trying to persuade us that he gives stuff too or him trying to post disjointed one liners after people said that he should participate in the community.

He just don't seem very genuine.

If you have room, I think this should be around 1:10pm tomorrow for me. I think I'll be around, so tentatively sign me up for 4 player mayhem. It's GGPO, so hopefully my ping from being NA won't make a huge difference.

Or you could tell me to get lost cause I'm not EU GAF. ;)

Sure, if there's 1 slot left by tommorow you'll be welcome, it's a "fighting" game so I doubt many folks are going to be interested anyway.

I hope they figure out how to make Cryengine not look like all it's colors are crushed.

yes
they will add chromatic abberation to compensate the IQ gained

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
jediyoshi says a new saints row is coming

gat at of hell. I will play this. Saints Row is too much fun.

I still haven't played Saint's Row IV, but I plan on trying it out during this year's extra life marathon. I hear it's pretty dope.

Remember how DarthKupi was exploiting my giveaways and taking like... 30 games?

I think shaming should happen from time to time.

I agree that exploiting gifts is wrong, no doubt about it. But i just can't agree with gift shaming ever. At its worse, mik1792 now knows the modbot system and, hell, there are probably people who'll take those games from him since they're steam keys. And maybe those who get his games will want to give and learn the system, too, and etc etc.

I tried to give away some leftover bundle keys of Origin games and i still have 4/5 keys left over, hah.

DocSeuss

I agree that exploiting gifts is wrong, no doubt about it. But i just can't agree with gift shaming ever. At its worse, mik1792 now knows the modbot system and, hell, there are probably people who'll take those games from him since they're steam keys. And maybe those who get his games will want to give and learn the system, too, and etc etc.

I tried to give away some leftover bundle keys of Origin games and i still have 4/5 keys left over, hah.

Ideally, the 115 games I gave away last night will go to 115 different people when all is said and done. I like to spread that stuff around. I think it was totally warranted in Kupi's case. In mik's? Less so, I think.

What do I know, I haven't been around much.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Standing in line for The Evil Within demo at PAX Prime. Also an Evil Within event tomorrow, will post detailed impressions tonight.

Related:

Mono

To celebrate my unbanning! \o/

3spooky5me

3UoGgSo.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Five Nights at Freddy's -- MB-BD63A1E872270A4C - Taken by The Dear Leader. 30 entrants total.

t1409345486z1.png

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Hey, I already won the Witcher 3 giveaway, no need to enter it now, it's already over, go away. Just fuck off do something else with your time, kthxbye

No I'm serious, go away! Let me win! ARGH
How's Reus? It looks....interesting but I can't tell if there is anything to it

FloatOn

I still haven't played Saint's Row IV, but I plan on trying it out during this year's extra life marathon. I hear it's pretty dope.

You can tell it was originally meant for dlc. It's bloated with lots of repeating activities.

I got pretty tired of it by the end of it but the first 15 hours or so were hilarious and a ton of fun.

I'm good with bite sized saints row if it cuts out the bloat.

Omega

Banned
When Steam gives you a notification like this

Notice: Purchases made in Russian Federation can only be added to your library if you are in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Republic of Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.

how does that work? I see in the BST thread people selling Russian Divinity keys, which gives the same warning but apparently people have no problems playing it.

Jawmuncher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom