• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

When Steam gives you a notification like this

how does that work? I see in the BST thread people selling Russian Divinity keys, which gives the same warning but apparently people have no problems playing it.

Unless it's changed, the CE was the one region locked. The normal edition wasn't locked. So that means the CE gift would be un-activatable for anyone outside of the CIS, but you'd be fine with the normal edition.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I thought BLOPS2 was everyone favorite now?

(A little late to this discussion (that didn't really end up happening anyway)) As a person with over 500 hours combined in Blops 1 and 2, if you only get one, get Blops 2.

Both are worthwhile and are definitive COD multiplayer experiences, but I think the new mechanics in Blops 2 open up a large number of different playstyles.

With Quake Live making all of those changes, Blops 1 + 2 are now the best modern arena shooters available.

Jawmuncher

(A little late to this discussion (that didn't really end up happening anyway)) As a person with over 500 hours combined in Blops 1 and 2, if you only get one, get Blops 2.

Both are worthwhile and are definitive COD multiplayer experiences, but I think the new mechanics in Blops 2 open up a large number of different playstyles.

With Quake Live making all of those changes, Blops 1 + 2 are now the best modern arena shooters available.

Thanks for chiming in since i was actually curious.
It's funny how Treyarch took the franchise and then ended up making the better games i the series.

Omega

Banned
thanks Zafir

best arena shooter isn't even an arena shooter?

Thanks for chiming in since i was actually curious.
It's funny how Treyarch took the franchise and then ended up making the better games i the series.

If i had to rank them, The series goes something like this

COD4≥MW2>BLOPS>>BLOPS2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everything else.

BLOPS 1 had the best sized MP maps outside of COD4, but MW2's level of absurd chaos made it so that i put over 8 days worth of play time in the MP.

Chariot

jmGeSchbUbxCx.png

Aww, yessss! Based jshackles and stumpa, love you guys

Turfster

I have only ever played one COD game. The Big Red One on ps2. For 5 minutes.
Proud of that fact! =p

Nuuvem has some preorder discounts up:
  • Shadow of Mordor 23%
  • NBA 2K14
  • Beyond Earth 14%
  • Borderlands The Pre-sequel 14%
(Also Alien Isolation, but that's explicitly marked region locked)

Seriously is LP3 such a shit game that NOBODY has it on their wishlist?
Dunno, the only one I played was the first one; and I wasn't a big fan.

Jawmuncher

HHAHAHAHA I like this idea

It's a good enough game. The story is the best part of it but everything else works fine.
Just LP is just one of those series that got more sequels than it probably should have.
Remember when LP3 was announced and there was more confusion than excitement over it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I thought I had it there, but turns out I removed it at some point. I hear it's the best game in the series so I can't remember why I removed it...

Vuze

HHAHAHAHA I like this idea

Jawmuncher is the only one on my friendslist who has finished the game, average drop-out time of everybody else is ~1,5 to 2h lol
I think I also removed it during my last clean-up.

SSPssp

Okay, I didn't know that. Does that mean if you activate one of the extra copies, you get another gift copy?

Yeah, Chariot's post has a picture about what happens on activation. 2 extra gifts if you buy it. 1 extra for those gift copies. So 5 total. It's supposed to be good game too. I bought it but haven't tried it yet.

Divius

average drop-out time of everybody else is ~1,5 to 2h lol
I used to look at those stats to see if my steamfriends like stuff, but nowadays with all the card idling those numbers can be deceiving.

Jawmuncher

The stunning use of Gamespy just months before it's closure?

Oddly enough they patched out the need for it.
But no one plays that shit anyway so it's kinda pointless.

Jawmuncher is the only one on my friendslist who has finished the game, average drop-out time of everybody else is ~1,5 to 2h lol

I was the only one really?
Thats kind of saddening.

Copons

Wooo nice! Costume Quest 2!
I loved the first

Uuuuuh nnnnice!

Liked the first one. Mostly for its concept though, as the execution as a turn based
J
RPG was a way too much on the easy side.

Feels strange though, as it just occurred to me that Tasha Harris, the designer behind CQ1, left Double Fine several years ago to join back Pixar.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oddly enough they patched out the need for it.
But no one plays that shit anyway so it's kinda pointless.

It wasn't really odd; the game was only 9 months old when GameSpy shut down. Patching out GFWL from Lost Planet CE would be odd.

Vuze

I used to look at those stats to see if my steamfriends like stuff, but nowadays with all the card idling those numbers can be deceiving.

Yeah you're right. cards ruin everything
But it shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 hours to finish idling I guess, so for large titles it should still be okay.

Jawmuncher

It wasn't really odd; the game was only 9 months old when GameSpy shut down. Patching out GFWL from Lost Planet CE would be odd.

Odd in that even when it came out the online was dead.
They could have gotten away with never patching it and I doubt there would have been any fuss over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom