• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
New Super Meat Boy announced

:D

Auto Runner

:/

I like auto runner games like Bit Trip Runner, even 100% both of them. But that's not what I expected from SMB.

that game was announced years ago, actually

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I really have a lot to read in this thread...

Also, about to buy all the F1 games in Gamersgate (save for 2013 that one can wait), someone very likely mentioned it already but for those that like to get removed games, Clive Barker's Jericho is on sale and activates on Steam.
F1 2011 and 2013 are good. The rest, not so much.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I got a gift which I have redeemed but it's not appearing on my Steam list. I have tried restarting Steam, signing in and out. Nothing. Weird.

Does it show up on your account page?

Second time. Both time it was incredible cheap DLC purchased with blue coins.

So it happened again despite the password change or this time was the second time and you've only just now changed your password?

Vuze

Well that's sweet. I was going to give Vuze, Sonic Racing. Because he's one of the few people on my friends list that didn't have it. Decided I should raffle it instead. But he ended up winning it anyway.

Modbot knows.

Congrats Vuze!

Thanks Shadownet, I really appreciate it! Can't wait to try the game, SteamGAF seems to enjoy it :)

I should also get some stuff to giveaway
to mik
- it's been awhile.

fantomena

So it happened again despite the password change or this time was the second time and you've only just now changed your password?

Just edited my post.

What I meant was that I have not changed my password until 1 minute ago. This has happened twice this month (first time 21st aug) and today. The Steam codes are also used.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I decided to give away a few games. Most of these don't suck, I hear:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Pool Nation -- MB-94C9CB4E72E4C5FF - Taken by wetflame
X-Blades -- MB-00044DE78D7C8CF4 - Taken by Kiru
Gaucamelee Gold Edition -- MB-77035F92787EEC18 - Taken by lukiluk
System Shock 2 -- MB-92D8C1D6A156828A - Taken by MattyG344
Dysan the Shapeshifter -- MB-52FCF29492EE516F

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I thought this is what you always wanted.
Yandere Clicker
http://www.kongregate.com/games/yanderedev/yandere-clicker

07a0yW2.jpg

Yes

Edit: man, what a ripoff, they don't even show up after you spend your clicks on them. 0/10, would not kawaii again.

JaseC

Just edited my post.

What I meant was that I have not changed my password until 1 minute ago. This has happened twice this month (first time 21st aug) and today. The Steam codes are also used.

On the bright side, Blue Coins expire after around 14 months (GamersGate's FAQ says a year but my personal experience differs), so unless you were saving them for something it wasn't much of a breach. Just as well you didn't have any payment information saved, although having said that I don't know if GG even allows it.

Kiru

I decided to give away a few games. Most of these don't suck, I hear:

Oh shit. I didn't see System Shock. I thought no steam library is complete without X-Blades... but then... shit.
Still thank you very much for X-Blades. Might give it a chance before I tackle Blades of Time for Playfire Rewards.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Shadownet, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Walking Dead Season 2 -- MB-AD639E52A5247130 - Taken by Hero Prinny. 32 entrants total.
Gauntlet -- MB-B80B1E154A2F1F8E - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 38 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3 -- MB-B604D09DF80B9D23 - Taken by arts&crafts. 57 entrants total.

t1409343087z1.png

JaseC

No, it doesn't. Hmm.

Strange. It may show up later, but in the meantime I'd submit a support ticket, just in case you do need assistance. If the game does appear in the interim, you can just close the ticket yourself and it'll be ignored.

Turfster

Oh shit. I didn't see System Shock. I thought no steam library is complete without X-Blades... but then... shit.
Still thank you very much for X-Blades. Might give it a chance before I tackle Blades of Time for Playfire Rewards.

No.
NO.
There is no X-Blades. Only Blades of Time.

Shadownet

Banned
Ehh might as well throw these in. Mystery Game is Deadlight.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tSosaRZ.png

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing -- MB-769132B9FC167154 - Taken by Driw3r. 1 entrants total.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-0CD8D6C52A8075C9 - Taken by diablogod. 5 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-39AC1C8BCAAB934C - Taken by soapypanda. 1 entrants total.

t1409340866z1.png

MattyG

Banned
Do any of you guys know if the Steam version of System Shock 2 has the resolution and graphics mods already installed, like the GoG (I think) version? If not, which ones should I install?

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Driw3r, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Combat Wings: Battle of Britain -- MB-85E23B2226E3E837 - Taken by danhese007. 2 entrants total.

t1409350647z1.png
Spare

JaseC

Do any of you guys know if the Steam version of System Shock 2 has the resolution and graphics mods already installed, like the GoG (I think) version? If not, which ones should I install?

http://blog.pcgamingwiki.com/modding-guide/821/system-shock-2-steam-modding-guide

Hmmm. I thought you'd spot that sooner. Or just to focused on Saoirse. Her name is fun to say and type out.

I knew it looked familiar but I could never place it for some reason. All of sudden the answer popped into my head. Better late than never!

Edit: And yes! Yes, it is.

getting divorced and living with friends is the thing to do for this.
be jealous of my miserable existence.
Aw, man. Really sorry to hear. Hope there were no children to make matters more complicated and it was a smooth divorce. Stay strong.
--
Someone very likely mentioned it already but for those that like to get removed games, Clive Barker's Jericho is on sale and activates on Steam.
I like FPS games. How is Jericho? Is it an arena shooter, a horror shooter or straight up action?
--
I just picked up a GeForce GTX 750 Ti for $95 which felt like a steal. I guess it also comes with $150 of in-game currency for Path of Exile (which I'll use), Heroes of Newearth, and Warface (which I won't).
It's going into a gaming rig (not mine) that currently has a much older card (a low end card from about... 4 years ago) so it should be quite the improvement.
Damn! First I hear US folks getting 3DS for 35$ and now a 750Ti for 95$. It's gotta be so nice living in a place where stuff is so much cheaper than in OG-mean-ass-DE-Europe. It's really much more expensive here.

JaseC

correct. I've been rocking the pre-release hype of grand budapest hotel for probably too long.

your girl was lovely in it, she probably should have had a bigger part.

Yeah, that would have been nice, but I knew going in that she only has a handful of scenes, plus I'm a fan of Wes' stuff in general.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Damn! First I hear US folks getting 3DS for 35$ and now a 750Ti for 95$. It's gotta be so nice living in a place where stuff is so much cheaper than in OG-mean-ass-DE-Europe. It's really much more expensive here.

This one is kind of a fluke since it involved stacking multiple discounts (a coupon code, a one-time use coupon, and a rebate) so that typically falls into the category of "is this a price mistake? Will they actually honor it?".

The $35 3DS XL system was a clearance deal at a retail store that hasn't existed in most parts of the country for over 20 years, and certainly isn't the typical price.

Damn you steam, making me miss all the IRL price errors.

This was 6 months ago.

Turfster

Gamefly Back 2 school sale
  • A story about my uncle 66% off
  • Collar Duty: Ghosts 50% off
  • Darkout 66% off
  • Darksiders II 75% off
  • Deadly Premonition 70% off
  • Dungeon Dashers 35% off
  • Expeditions:Conquistador 75% off
  • GRID 2 Reloaded 66% off
  • Memoria 66% off
  • Metro 203 80% off
  • Strider 40% off
  • LOTR War in the North 75% off
  • Warlock II The Exiled 50% off
  • XCOM Complete 67% off
  • Tomb Raider 60% off

Chariot

I just came around finding time to watch this but it says "content was removed due to breach of terms of use" :/
lmao. dailymotion didn't like the Free OST I guess. Well, doesn't matter. I am too lazy too search for another track, so I just reupload it on YouTube. The track itself is already on there, so it shouldn't be so bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlfXQ7aKYGU&feature=youtu.be

At least we get the full chat here. I don't know why DM just decided to cut it.

FloatOn

Aw, man. Really sorry to hear. Hope there were no children to make matters more complicated and it was a smooth divorce. Stay strong.

Divorce is not yet finalized but close though. No kids which is the great thing. She didn't want the house which is also a great thing.

But overall, this is probably the hardest thing I've gone through in my life. Managing work, school and this divorce stuff my stress has never been higher.

Thanks for the positive vibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom