• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The catholic church tries for years to burn jshackles on a stake.

There is a hint of truth to this since I've actually been excommunicated. Note: it has nothing to do with Idle Master.

The shock people receive when they find out you can idle without downloading the game is great. Since we all were there at one point.

Yep, warms my heart every time. I was there myself back in the trading card beta days.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is new to me as well. If you use idle master does it still mess with play times though? I'm guessing it does

Since card drops are based on playtime, using Idle Master or any other idling method increases your play time of each game.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of saunderez, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (saunderez, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (Origin) -- MB-4179CBF7565C30A7
I really love this game, sleeper GOTY for me so far. I hope whoever wins is just as enthusiastic

t1409389585z1.png

DocSeuss

I am a clever fellow and the school money that let me buy a laptop + my birthday this September is allowing me to buy Steam cards at Best Buy.

Far Cry 4, here I come.

This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of DocSeuss, who is running this raffle.

Huh. I could have sworn the 100+ games giveaway had a scheduled repost too. D:

Do the in-game settings not have AA options or is AMD that bad support-wise. Can't imagine the game devs not having tested for AMD at all. You should maybe take a look in the PC-building thread. They are more hardware savvy.

No in-game AA. Forcing it through AMD gives AA at the expense of making half the game invisible.

Chariot

There is a hint of truth to this since I've actually been excommunicated. Note: it has nothing to do with Idle Master.
Huh, now I am curious. Was it something big?

Now I see you as shadowy, hooded figure with dreadlocks on the roofs of the vatican, in the hand the stolen papacy of Bedict XVI and around you the unconscious bodies of the swiss guard you took out with a giant golden cross.

dot

Anyone on and up for Lethal League?

How is this game? It looks good!

Oh man, Gang Beasts is out too? I missed that too...

OMG, DOT! \o/ I missed you! Welcome back to the internet!

It's me, Hlāford Beowulf! Trying to pound myself out of this screen; help!

Haha. Looks like you changed back to the cat now...

Welcome back dot! (~ ^ o ^)~ Hope you get settled quickly into your new home.

Thanks deer.

Pachimari

I really need some help. How do I know which Bluetooth dongle to buy if they have to be one of these models?:

Directly Supported Dongles
USB\VID_03F0&PID_231D
USB\VID_045E&PID_3500
USB\VID_0461&PID_4D75
USB\VID_046D&PID_C709
USB\VID_047D&PID_105E
USB\VID_0489&PID_E011
USB\VID_0489&PID_E042
USB\VID_0489&PID_E04E
USB\VID_04CA&PID_3006
USB\VID_050D&PID_016A
USB\VID_05AC&PID_821A
USB\VID_05AC&PID_821F
USB\VID_07D1&PID_F101
USB\VID_0930&PID_0215
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_200A
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2101
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2146
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2148
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2150
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2153
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_217D
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2198
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21E1
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21E8
USB\VID_0B05&PID_1715
USB\VID_0B05&PID_1783
USB\VID_0B05&PID_1785
USB\VID_0B05&PID_179C
USB\VID_0B05&PID_17B5
USB\VID_0B05&PID_B700
USB\VID_0C10&PID_0000
USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3002
USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3004
USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3005
USB\VID_0DB0&PID_3801
USB\VID_0DF6&PID_2200
USB\VID_0E5E&PID_6622
USB\VID_1131&PID_1001
USB\VID_1131&PID_1004
USB\VID_1286&PID_2044&MI_00
USB\VID_13D3&PID_3304
USB\VID_413C&PID_8126
USB\VID_8086&PID_0189
USB\VID_8087&PID_07DA
USB\VID_0930&PID_0214
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2154
USB\VID_0489&PID_E04D
USB\VID_413C&PID_8197
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2021
USB\VID_05AC&PID_8286
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2100
USB\VID_0BDA&PID_8723
USB\VID_044E&PID_3010
USB\VID_0B05&PID_1788
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2190
USB\VID_13D3&PID_3315
USB\VID_0489&PID_E027
USB\VID_05AC&PID_821D
USB\VID_0BDA&PID_0724
USB\VID_050D&PID_065A
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21E3
USB\VID_05AC&PID_8216
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21B4

This time, I want my Dual Shock to work wirelessly with my computer

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Now I see you as shadowy, hooded figure with dreadlocks on the roofs of the vatican, in the hand the stolen papacy of Bedict XVI and around you the unconscious bodies of the swiss guard you took out with a giant golden cross.

you REALLY need to get out more ;)

Jawmuncher

I really need some help. How do I know which Bluetooth dongle to buy if they have to be one of these models?:

This time, I want my Dual Shock to work wirelessly with my computer

I don't know what i'm looking at.
But I know that a few here used the bluetooth and can hopefully tell you what they used.
Though depending on what you get it can be spotty and even a pain to set up.
Since I tried and could never get it to work correctly.

Then make sure you use the Mirosoft Bluetooth Drivers and not the ones that will come with the CD if I recall correctly.

Monooboe

A complete OT, but I watched Akira again tonight and DAMN it still blows my mind.o_O 20 years since I first saw it and I appreciate it more today. Also the music is so good, how they manage to use stereo. Also the parallels to the contemporary world, with cops teargassing protesters.

Well back on topic, I need to find a game to completely immerse myself into, how can one have 681 games on steam and not find one!?XD

jshackles

That's pretty much how it happened.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of General_Frags, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (General_Frags, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wolves 3: Civil War -- MB-1A615FB099A87609 - Taken by Leg-End. 2 entrants total.
LEVEL 22, Gary's Misadventures -- MB-180FA7A5A6BF1BD9 - Taken by jfredsilva. 2 entrants total.
Gravity Badgers -- MB-9FCD5F61CD675291
QuestRun -- MB-17737F7115C59CAC - Taken by Pakkidis. 1 entrants total.
Oil Rush -- MB-07E9669CD08B1E29
Metro 2033 -- MB-60AB82AAEA29E2F5 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Galactic Arms Race -- MB-F977BFAA9180DD81
Metro 2033 #2 -- MB-8E1EB0A6AF7C2ABE - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.
King's Bounty: Warriors of the North -- MB-2A3D77EFA4543E37 - Taken by fernandes. 5 entrants total.

t1409351604z1.png

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I would probably be a lot better at CS:GO is my damn internet didn't randomly go up to 900+ ping. I really need to move out.

I wish the manufacturers knew the meaning of sales and won't rip off their own people. The cheapest 750Ti that is not made by a small name manufacturer costs like 155 dollars.

Vazduh

Deadly Premonition is $7.50 on Gamefly, worth it? Did they get around patching it or would I still have to use Durante's fix?

It was in a bundle few months ago so you can find it for around 1 tf2 key (cca. 2$) on sites like steamtrades etc. Durante's fix is still highly recommended.

No in-game AA. Forcing it through AMD gives AA at the expense of making half the game invisible.
Well that is actually pretty shady from the dev. How did they think it would be acceptable to ship the game without testing/implementing such basic stuff properly? I remember Dr Dogg posting some screens earlier but I think he's on Nvidia so I have no idea if he could help you?
--
Curious that Square doesn't see the need to port Type 0 HD to PC as well.
For which and when was this revealed?

Tizoc

I need this on PC.

That game is on iOS! S-E just needs that nudge to bring that particular iOS FF game to Steam ;)

Maybe the japanese part of the company would be in charge of it and as we know, japanese still dont really see how big PC-gaming is in the west nowadays...

Pretty much yeah, however I still think Type-0 will be released on Steam in the future.

Hugstable

Banned
why do you want the inferior version on PC?

if we're talking about square games that we want on PC, there is only one answer...

Vagrant_Story.jpg

..my bad, there is another answer as well

xenogear11.jpg

Vagrant Story is a classic! One of my favorite PS1 RPG that Square made besides Chrono Cross. Xenogears was really good too, but dat second disk tho.

They're Square.
I don't think anyone in the company knows what anyone else is thinking.

The game will end up on iOS before it hits PC

Shadownet

Banned
Shadownet doesn`t have a wishlist! How am I to repay his kindness!

I don't think we're friends on Steam :p My username in on my GAF profile. I couldn't find yours.

"Add me and give me keys pls."
-----------

On a side note. I'm so jealous of a certain someone at PAX East right now.. :3
----------
That game is on iOS! S-E just needs that nudge to bring that particular iOS FF game to Steam ;)

I have an android now. D:
Btw, do you still need help obtaining that one game? I forgot the name of it.

Lain

They are making it primarily in hope to push PS4/X1 sales in Japan, aren't they? So there is a good install base for FF15 when it releases in 20xx.
It doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't target PCs.

I don't think we're friends on Steam :p My username in on my GAF profile. I couldn't find yours.

"Add me and give me keys pls."
-----------

On a side note. I'm so jealous of a certain someone at PAX East right now.. :3
----------

I have an android now. D:
Btw, do you still need help obtaining that one game? I forgot the name of it.

Ah it auto adds adds you when you gift someone something, I found your list it was hidden on the poorly layed out steam page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom