• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Been playing Bioshock Infinite in the minute amount of free time I had last week.
It's... okayish, I guess? I hate it that you can only have two weapons on you at the same time, no quicksaves in an FPS is a baffling decision.

Now that I think of it, it's a CoD clone, isn't it? Just without all the jingoistic overtones and some additional audiologs to collect.

Not sure what exactly is taking so much space here, does it have 20 versions of each and every texture or what? Oh well, game is running lovely so far, 60fps (with some drops to 55 here and there) with no noticeable stutter at least.

Lain

So Jenny LeClue got Greenlit, but I don't see a new Greenlight batch out yet. Does that mean one is coming out today? Or it's just a special case?

Arthea

as a fan of the series, i'm personally waiting since WOTN was buggy as hell when it released

I would have preodered it, but I was sure it's early access for some reason, which it seems it isn't. So not only I don't have it (being a fan of series and all that), I'm not sure what to think about it.
But ya, I can totally wait, seeing as I haven't finished WotN and just bought dlc recently for it too.

Turfster

Been playing Bioshock Infinite in the minute amount of free time I had last week.
It's... okayish, I guess? I hate it that you can only have two weapons on you at the same time, no quicksaves in an FPS is a baffling decision.

There's a weapon wheel.
I kept forgetting about it too.

It's still pretty meh, tho.
Looks nice, shame about all the shootbangs.

I would have preodered it, but I was sure it's early access for some reason, which it seems it isn't. So not only I don't have it (being a fan of series and all that), I'm not sure what to think about it.
But ya, I can totally wait, seeing as I haven't finished WotN and just bought dlc recently for it too.

it was early access a few weeks ago-that's how I saw it on the store

derExperte

In case nobody noticed
is out already. I remember it being early "accessed" before, but it seems to be normal release. Anybody knows what's up with that?

Reading the Steam forum gives me the impression that they haven't put much work into it during ea and just released it as is.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

Now that I think of it, it's a CoD clone, isn't it? Just without all the jingoistic overtones and some additional audiologs to collect.
That was my problem with it. The enemies are not that great and it reminds me a lot of Jak and Daxter 2; throw a lot enemies at you and shoot. Similar airship missions too. Burial at Sea is a much better game than almost all of Infinite.

Not sure what exactly is taking so much space here, does it have 20 versions of each and every texture or what? Oh well, game is running lovely so far, 60fps (with some drops to 55 here and there) with no noticeable stutter at least.

It's bloated, whenever a fight breaks out you'll want to turn it off, and the pacing is a mess.

The first 4-5 hours are probably some of the best gaming i've ever experienced, though. It a shame that it only gets worse for the remain 10 hours. It was like a reverse TLOU for me.

Burial at Sea is a much better game than almost all of Infinite.
especially part 2, where it essentially becomes Bioshock: Dishonored. It actually became fun to engage in the action as opposed to the regular game, where the action was an annoyance.

Oh my god Overruled looks fantastic I wish I could play with you guys but wedding planning and I didn't win. =P

Yeah Overruled looks awesome. I wish I won it.

We're also planning a wedding. The date is more than a year away and my fiance is already getting on my nerves. She talks about it everyday. :(

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
The lack of claustrophobic environments in Infinite is also a reason why it doesn't have the same impact. With Rapture, you had an environment that was crumbling and leaking at the bottom of the ocean. That's just easier to convey.

I am not being so articulate. I'm posting from my phone and haven't slept.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
especially part 2, where it essentially becomes Bioshock: Dishonored. It actually became fun to engage in the action as opposed to the regular game, where the action was an annoyance.

The stealth was so half-assed in part 2 that it actually soured me on that dlc all together. I actually would have preferred they just not have enemies or something if they needed to make it different for playing as Elizabeth.

Bully for $3.74?

yes. there's a mod you'll need to download to get 60 fps, though, but other than that it's a decent port with 360 controller support.

Sorry to quote myself but could someone let me know about this? Pretty new to the game.

So long as you have activated it, you should be fine. The odds of them locking you out from the game after the fact are really really slim.

The stealth was so half-assed in part 2 that it actually soured me on that dlc all together. I actually would have preferred they just not have enemies or something if they needed to make it different for playing as Elizabeth.

It wasn't really great but i still enjoyed that dlc than i did most of the action filler that the main game has. man, chop like 5 hours of filler from Infinite and you could've had a masterpiece, Irrational/Take 2.

Also, looks like those Revelations 2 rumors are turning out to be true. I say bring it on, but make the shooting not feel so damn mushy and impact-less for fucks sake.

Turfster

Yeah, it was "stealth", but still with a shootbang engine, so nothing you did mattered as long as you weren't spotted or hurt anyone.

Seanspeed

Banned
Sorry to quote myself but could someone let me know about this? Pretty new to the game.
I'd be interested in knowing this as well.

I didn't mind the stealth aspects themselves, I just disliked that it was so necessary. In Dishonored you have the choice, but in BASPt.2, you basically have to do it all throughout.

Alien8

First time I notice this advice:

gSETuX3.png

English-speaking countries probably never will see it. Also it's kinda ironic that this warning is not written in my local language, isn't it?

Benedict

Today, I was really bored at work, three days after my summer holiday ended....
Hope this cheers somebody up

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Luftrausers -- MB-C1D79DFBCDFDEDA1 - Taken by Mavromatis. 45 entrants total.

t1408554094z1.png

derExperte

If I were to buy The Witcher 3 from Mother Russia. Would it lock me out when the ACRTAG is set to false or will I be good as long as I redeem it before it is?

That flag would be no problem but they theoretically could ip lock the RU sub retroactively. I doubt they'll do it now but there's a small risk.

Colin.

Thought I'd do something a bit different with this giveaway, hope it works alright. The games on offer are Batman Arkham Origins, Starbound, 2x Bad Rats, and 2x Real Horror Stories. Do you feel lucky? Pick a number, and find out. You can even roll the virtual dice to pick for you.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Colin., not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

One -- MB-FAA7BA17F7AFEE47 - Taken by someguyinahat. 3 entrants total.
Two -- MB-2471268C8720E009 - Taken by Jadax. 6 entrants total.
Three -- MB-C9E0001EE09AA61E - Taken by fspm. 12 entrants total.
Four -- MB-56388BCD9A3E3221 - Taken by Alduin. 20 entrants total.
Five -- MB-F6A56A7199EA4D8C - Taken by trailmix16. 10 entrants total.
Six -- MB-DD81A02670B2340E - Taken by Rnr1224. 8 entrants total.

t1408554154z1.png

Tizoc

Thought I'd do something a bit different with this giveaway, hope it works alright. The games on offer are Batman Arkham Origins, Starbound, 2x Bad Rats, and 2x Real Horror Stories. Do you feel lucky? Pick a number, and find out. You can even roll the virtual dice to pick for you.

I am not a madman, but good luck to the participants.

I already own three of these games :( Is it cool to enter anyway and giveaway anything I already have if I win?

Annubis

And this is how I'll probably finally get bad rats.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Come on guys, anybody else for a game of Overruled! ?

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Ozium
3 -
4 -

I'd join but I'll be off to the gym in 15 mins. I have some more codes so if anybody wants to join Ningen and Ozium drop me a PM and I'll send over a key

Jawmuncher

Witcher 3 is still pretty much staying away from the books right?
I'm on 24 hour duty and thinking i'll read the newest translation so I have something to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom