• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyG

Banned
System Shock 2 is really impressive. Definitely lives up to all the things I've heard about it. My one complaint is that it's very difficult, even on easy, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. That's probably a side effect of me not playing games like this when I was younger.

Shadownet

Banned
68 of my friends has Witcher 3. 45 more still want them. Gotta help Geralt get that 2nd number lower.

on a side note.. I think they just locked Witcher 3. Enhanced Steam said it's no longer available in Russia?

System Shock 2 is really impressive. Definitely lives up to all the things I've heard about it. My one complaint is that it's very difficult, even on easy, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. That's probably a side effect of me not playing games like this when I was younger.

The hype is real. It's so good.

Tizoc

I have an android now. D:
Btw, do you still need help obtaining that one game? I forgot the name of it.

Fable Anniversary for around 6 TF2 Keys. I don't have the keys yet sadly, since the usual (awesome) supplier sadly is unable to provide the keys atm.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just realized that Oblivion came out almost 10 years ago.

Bruce-Jenner-fake-crying-Im-getting-so-old-GIF-KUWTK.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
why do you want the inferior version on PC?

if we're talking about square games that we want on PC, there is only one answer...

Vagrant_Story.jpg

..my bad, there is another answer as well

xenogear11.jpg
good choices

i want parasite eve too <3

wouldn't mind a valkyrie profile port either tho that's not a square game afaik

Wooo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bionic Dues -- MB-38728BC02F549A04 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
LightFish -- MB-4120FEE0E8621DDB - Taken by bkw. 1 entrants total.
3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-62F98F4149047004 - Taken by Aitor
Crystals of Time -- MB-8FAA0EB81BD03C7B - Taken by swx. 2 entrants total.

t1409352687z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I had just started middle school when that game came out....yeah, I feel old now

And just when I thought I couldn't feel any older...

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I remember taking a whole hour to download each vital Daggerfall patch and copying it to a floppy on the shared 14k4 modem in the one classroom that had 386 computers in our school ;)

that means you're REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY old ;)

Curious that Square doesn't see the need to port Type 0 HD to PC as well.

Curious that Square didn't even port it to Vita when it was the Vita owners and PSP owners in NA that constantly begged for it. PC? Good luck with that one.

What, really? I might have to use it then.

But is Valve ok with this?

No. You'll get put on Valve's blackist. They'll ban your account and bring legal action against you and your entire family. NeoGaben will arrive in your home via the matrix and vaporize your PC.

But we all use it anyway.

tioslash

68 of my friends has Witcher 3. 45 more still want them. Gotta help Geralt get that 2nd number lower.

on a side note.. I think they just locked Witcher 3. Enhanced Steam said it's no longer available in Russia?

Nope, I don´t think its locked. At least no warning shows up on the steam store just like before.

jshackles

I remember taking a whole hour to download each vital Daggerfall patch and copying it to a floppy on the shared 14k4 modem in the one classroom that had 386 computers in our school ;)

Oh yeah, I remember those days too. I'm just saying - when it was announced I was sooo excited. But I was a grown man and had kids and everything at the time.

The reason I bring this up is because I gifted my daughter (17) Oblivion on Steam and she's been playing through it again (she's played it previously on the Xbox 360). But for her, it's almost a purely nostalgia thing. For me I'm like "really? That game like just came out..." oh wait damn...

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Oh yeah, I remember those days too. I'm just saying - when it was announced I was sooo excited. But I was a grown man and had kids and everything at the time.

The reason I bring this up is because I gifted my daughter (17) Oblivion on Steam and she's been playing through it again (she's played it previously on the Xbox 360). But for her, it's almost a purely nostalgia thing. For me I'm like "really? That game like just came out..." oh wait damn...

... and nowadays horse armour would be a COMPLETELY non-ironic piece of DLC for a game ;)

Enco

I just finished Episode 1.

Watching that dog struggle was brutal.
There are lots of scenes where I cringed or sighed in despair. So many messed up situations in such a short time. It's relentless but that makes it more of a great ride. I wouldn't mind a bit of a break though.

I got Sniper Elite III and Murdered: Soul Suspect for $10 total today from an AMD Never Settle code I got in the BST thread, hell of a deal if I do say so myself.

jshackles

... and nowadays horse armour would be a COMPLETELY non-ironic piece of DLC for a game ;)

but... but... I mean, the armor was GOLD. GOLD!

I bought the Shivering Isles expansion for $30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom