• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much all my spare humble stuff. They should all work so if they don't I'm incredibly sorry :(

Good luck to all!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gipsy Danger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gipsy Danger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-AE95374119D35D2E
Electronic Super Joy -- MB-BDB8F6DA72720241
Ys Origin -- MB-D40674578796A929 - Taken by Helmholtz
Universe Sandbox -- MB-1E3ADFB3AB8904EE
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Good Friends Character Pack -- MB-8457C5862CCC4A5F
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-F73A3C8C203BB114
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection -- MB-BFB27D3DB09B9626 - Taken by Shalashaska
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-12923C4E0245BF53
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-515E2217D3161E58
Humble Indie Bundle #2 Steam Key -- MB-52BC377D1E9911A3
Cortex Command -- MB-ED260FC0D3B91B62
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-B2B45B30CC9243E6
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-FDF36D7D7689270B
Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition -- MB-A1C22524108A3131 - Taken by Egamer

t1409441007z1.png

Current games are changing on Tuesday, so if you want one of currently available you need to do it soon.

New bundle has mainly space themed games (Star Citizen, Alien: Isolation and couple of indies).
Althought $10 for Alien Isolation isn't too bad. Don't know if anyone current games are going kept.

Yeah I saw those, I presume they will be in the Gold tier, I bought a Silver tier code this time, but I'll probably pick another one up down the line for Aliens.

MUnited83

For you.
Star Citizen and Aliens on AMD rewards? Holy shit. If I get a AMD reward key now will I be able to redeem it when they change the games?

Annubis

If you just wanna see your Modbot giveaways, you can send Modbot a PM with the title "my loot" and you can see how many you gave away.

Yeah... I need to give away some stuff.
My Win/Give ratio is pretty pathetic.

I should get some extra humble bundle next time the selection is good.

If you had to choose one of the 9.99 Call of Duties for just the sp, which would you choose, MW, WaW, or MW2? I have a few hours due to the wife out of town and presumably the toddler sleeping, between now and sunday. I've played MW/MW2 a long time ago on the 360 but only remember a few sequences. Also, would be playing on the 360 pad.

If you had to choose one of the 9.99 Call of Duties for just the sp, which would you choose, MW, WaW, or MW2? I have a few hours due to the wife out of town and presumably the toddler sleeping, between now and sunday. I've played MW/MW2 a long time ago on the 360 but only remember a few sequences. Also, would be playing on the 360 pad.

I'd say CoD4 but note that I haven't played the WaW campaign further than a few levels. Played it on Veteran originally and the unlimited supply of Axis grenades put me right off it. MW2 SP is decent but it gets a little too ridiculous at points.

DocSeuss

I'd say CoD4 but note that I haven't played the WaW campaign further than a few levels. Played it on Veteran originally and the unlimited supply of Axis grenades put me right off it. MW2 SP is decent but it gets a little too ridiculous at points.

WaW is terrible, because it's a Treyarch COD.

MW and MW2 are good SP games.

I tried playing Cook Serve Delicious once. My CSGO eye-hand coordination couldn't help me. I got served instead.

Great game though.

Yea I got through the first 20 days or so, but once I added more than one food with multiple steps, rush hour blew up in my face, lol. I don't think I have the chops for the food service industry.

Khronico

World at War. Besides the annoying AI on harder difficulties, it's a really good WW2 shooter. Really nails the brutality, hatred, and hellish reality that was the Ostfront and Pacific Theatre. It's no MOH Airborne, but I loved it anyways.

madjoki

Star Citizen and Aliens on AMD rewards? Holy shit. If I get a AMD reward key now will I be able to redeem it when they change the games?

Yes.

http://www.twitch.tv/amd/c/4970656

Around 1h50min, they announce this promotion.

Yeah I saw those, I presume they will be in the Gold tier, I bought a Silver tier code this time, but I'll probably pick another one up down the line for Aliens.

They said it will be available with R9 GPU's, so it should be silver & gold tiers.
(I really hope so as I have multiple silver codes I'm going to gamble)

Nete

http://a.pomf.se/wmpprv.webm
DWEZ7RY.png

Has been a nightmare to create the mission plan for this map, but I fucking love the hands-off mode of this game. Sorry the shitty camera work tho, the default zoom level in big maps is awful, and the controls are too sensitive.

Shadownet

Banned
I really like the words that are in this post. They are pleasing to my mind.
<3

Yea I got through the first 20 days or so, but once I added more than one food with multiple steps, rush hour blew up in my face, lol. I don't think I have the chops for the food service industry.
I couldn't even get past day 2... -_______-

MW and MW2 are good SP games.

Music to my ears. Captain Price, baby.

Deadbeat

Banned
I think you mean they got worse.

Those campaigns are really poorly done. Have yet to match up to any of IW's. The levels and pacing are just bad.
Yes cause theres no better pacing then doing the "character you are playing as dies" gimmick in your game multiple times. Now im going to rip a knife out of my chest and throw it at the big bad general. Well done.

Miguel81

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dante81, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Crusader Kings II -- MB-C5DC482FA286E1F2 - Taken by Egamer. 2 entrants total.
Crusader Kings II - Norse Unit Pack -- MB-7C11D6AB20B3FF59
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-BA55C37B93500DCA - Taken by Accoun. 1 entrants total.
Crusader Kings II - Russian Unit Pack -- MB-4E0051DD3C8BE038 - Taken by Sharkiller. 1 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Complete Pack -- MB-900C00F628C80C76 - Taken by redlacs. 3 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-DD9ADA64E473B214
Deadlight -- MB-F10759A01688062E - Taken by soapypanda. 1 entrants total.
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-7470C7801E80BDC4 - Taken by Ventara. 2 entrants total.
Crusader Kings II - African Unit Pack -- MB-18057B5E08237E8C
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-94DE0CF94D27F8A7

t1409366068z1.png

Leftover games from last HumbleBundle. Enjoy!

World at War. Besides the annoying AI on harder difficulties, it's a really good WW2 shooter. Really nails the brutality, hatred, and hellish reality that was the Ostfront and Pacific Theatre. It's no MOH Airborne, but I loved it anyways.

I think I'm leaning towards this one since I haven't played it and I do recall now how absurd mw2,was.

Khronico

Yes cause theres no better pacing then doing the "character you are playing as dies" gimmick in your game multiple times. Now im going to rip a knife out of my chest and throw it at the big bad general. Well done.

That ending was super dumb. Everything before that was awesome though. It's been like 3 years since I last played so I don't remember much, but I do remember really enjoying the campaign of MW2. Heck, I even thought MW3 campaign was pretty good in a dumb action movie sort of way.

I think I'm leaning towards this one since I haven't played it and I do recall now how absurd mw2,was.

EHHHHHH..... I totally agree it was a bit absurd but that's exactly why I loved it.

DocSeuss

I think having a script written by David Goyer with a cliche "he was in your head the whole time" is worse, narratively. Killing the protagonist is done really well in both 1 and 2, and makes sense that, in a multi-character game, some characters would die. I don't think IW did it in Ghosts at all. Even at the end, you survive.

But I was thinking more about the pacing in terms of moment-to-moment in a level. The shape and structure of Black Ops' levels just isn't as good. Their tweaks to the health system keep you in cover a lot more and fail to communicate properly when you need to get into cover.

Blops has nothing as good as All Ghillied Up or Wolverines.

Both devs suck in that neither has an FOV slider for campaigns tho.

That ending was super dumb. Everything before that was awesome though. It's been like 3 years since I last played so I don't remember much, but I do remember really enjoying the campaign of MW2. Heck, I even thought MW3 campaign was pretty good in a dumb action movie sort of way.

That's not the ending.

One of the characters you are playing dies as a result of a conspiracy--yeah, it's the dumbest part of the game, in the sense that the really solid story turns into a Truther narrative in that moment--but it quickly gets back on track and uses that moment to do what it's really trying to do, and has been the whole game: put you in the shoes of the people unjustly invaded as a result of terrorism. The entire game of MW2 is built on that question: is it right to invade a country because some people from it did bad things?

So the game's ending is about you running through Afghanistan, killing American soldiers.

It quite literally puts you in the shoes of insurgents.

It's brilliant.

--

I'm still looking for an explanation on why people hated Ghosts. That campaign had a pretty neat story, some of the coolest levels in the series, and a lot of neat tools to make things cool. My only complaint was that the levels weren't open and you couldn't build loadouts. It would be SO COOL to be like "okay, I have to do this goal, and in order to pull that off, I'm going to want to enter through the building... this way, and I'm going to want to bring Riley with me--actually, wait, no, I'm going to set up a sniper rifle across the street to kill dudes."

EHHHHHH..... I totally agree it was a bit absurd but that's exactly why I loved it.

Yeah now I'm second guessing. I think I will go for mw2 now I did like that crazy Michael bay story i have to admit.....done mw2 it is. I am way too indecisive on this for some reason, I should just buy both now since I doubt there will be a better price in the next few years on these.

Khronico

That's not the ending.

One of the characters you are playing dies as a result of a conspiracy--yeah, it's the dumbest part of the game, in the sense that the really solid story turns into a Truther narrative in that moment--but it quickly gets back on track and uses that moment to do what it's really trying to do, and has been the whole game: put you in the shoes of the people unjustly invaded as a result of terrorism. The entire game of MW2 is built on that question: is it right to invade a country because some people from it did bad things?

So the game's ending is about you running through Afghanistan, killing American soldiers.

It quite literally puts you in the shoes of terrorists.

It's brilliant.

wee-bey-noo.gif

I never even really gave it that much thought before... Huh.

Ok I guess that is pretty brilliant.

Ugh now I want to replay MW2.

I agree with this. I mean Steam has some many games, bundles, news, etc that it really isn't that hard to get at least 15 posts somewhere that is on topic between this topic and a previous one.

I think 5 in the current thread and 15 combined between the current and last thread would be perfect. I think its a very reasonable number of posts but will ensure people come to this thread to be part of the community and not to spam 5 posts as fast as possible to enter a giveaway

liezryou

Hey guys, be careful with the AMD bundles if you plan on buying now. ALOT of them expire on september 1st, which is why the bundles are being updated on tuesday (september 2nd).

Arthea

it was an enix game when it first came out, but square owns the rights to it now, so...

It's not an Enix game, it's Tri-Ace game, I mean devs are Tri-Ace and the game is theirs, although it indeed doesn't belong to them because you know, everything and your base belongs to publishers.
Tri-Ace (._.)

Hey guys, be careful with the AMD bundles if you plan on buying now. ALOT of them expire on august 1st, which is why the bundles are being updated on tuesday (august 2nd).

Can I have your time machine?

Yes, you probably had a brainfart. Sorry that I preserved it for everyone.

MUnited83

For you.
Hey guys, be careful with the AMD bundles if you plan on buying now. ALOT of them expire on august 1st, which is why the bundles are being updated on tuesday (august 2nd).

I assume you wanted to say September :p. But yeah, I thought something like this would happen(and that's why the codes are going for so cheap right now). Suck a bit, but I will still be able to get a Gold code for like 25$ down the line so that's cool.

Terra_Ex

It's not an Enix game, it's Tri-Ace game, I mean devs are Tri-Ace and the game is theirs, although it indeed doesn't belong to them because you know, everything and your base belongs to publishers.
Tri-Ace (._.)
Regardless of who owns it, tri-Ace needs to get their shit together and give me Valkyrie Profile 3 before they die out completely. If you'd have told me back in the PS2 gen that I wouldn't have VP3 in my possession by now I'd have laughed at you. Now I'll just save that laughter for when it gets announced
for iOS.

In other jrpg news, I also started playing Trails lately and I'm getting a strong Grandia vibe from it, which is great. Hoping I'll finish it before part 2 hits steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom