• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, a team of American devs made a Puzzle Quest/Bejeweled clone with dating sims aspects, and went full bore on the sex. Also, the dialogue/voice acting is on another level.
Truly, the waifus for a new generation. Seriously, i never get sick of watching this. Their tumblr has more nuggets of joy like this.
This is outrageously out of my usual expectations for a game with anime artstyle. I was actually very interested in this HuniePop up until I followed the link to the dev-blog. This is straight up hentai. That deflated my interest quick as I was hoping for a self-aware comedy-VN.
Anyway, I am interested whether this will have Japanese audio as well? Very curious how foul language sounds in Japanese.
--
Thanks anon for Hotline Miami! Why are you anon though? I'd love to thank you in personally.

yeah crisis has been averted, but the guys over the volvo subreddit were prepared

RVmAv6X.jpg

lol

Turfster

Things that will happen in due time:

- R* will announce a PC release of RDR
- Capcpcpcom will announce a PC release of Dragon's Dogma
- EA will come back to Steam
-
Saoirse will win an Oscar
I have it on very good authority that the first one will never ever happen, unless they do a ps4/xboner port =p

They're publishing that and many other games. They're probably only developing Spacebase and the Grim Fandago remake

And Massive Chalice.
And uh... Hack and Slash?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Flips360, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Jazzpunk -- MB-5D77EC75DFB4A11D - Taken by Freedom = $1.05. 35 entrants total.

t1409404168z1.png

So this week Lethal League and STFU were released, a stand alone expansion for SR:IV was announced, Hexcell 3 is coming, dumb DDoS attacks and the Techies are finally coming to DotA2. What other important news I missed regarding Steam and PC in general?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
So this week Lethal League and STFU were released, a stand alone expansion for SR:IV was announced, Hexcell 3 is coming, dumb DDoS attacks and the Techies are finally coming to DotA2. What other important news I missed regarding Steam and PC in general?

Wheelman won't be coming back to steam any time soon ;)

Asgaro

... or Primal Carnage ;)

+1
And the dev team is still bringing out updates: they are now in the progress of transitioning from Unreal Engine v3 to v4.

They are recoding a lot of areas. More info on their blog:
- http://primalcarnage.com/website/patch-2-0-development-update/
They also state here they'll introduce an economy like the Valve games have.

- http://primalcarnage.com/website/ui-overhaul/

- http://primalcarnage.com/website/development-update-streaming-highlights/

Jawmuncher

+1
And the dev team is still bringing out updates: they are now in the progress of transitioning from Unreal Engine v3 to v4.

They are recoding a lot of areas. More info on their blog:
- http://primalcarnage.com/website/patch-2-0-development-update/

- http://primalcarnage.com/website/ui-overhaul/

- http://primalcarnage.com/website/development-update-streaming-highlights/

I like you. Someone else that knows the greatness of PC. Glad lash man tempered its the true beat dino game on PC. I've been telling SteamGAF for awhile now.

redlacs

"Primal Carnage fully integrates the Steam Economy system and will bring fans an item and trading system similar to that seen in Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and DOTA2.

At launch, the economy will contain a variety of weapon skins, dinosaur skins and dinosaur models, but this is just the start. Not only will these items be tradeable, but players can also sell them on the Steam Marketplace. Lukewarm Media will also continue to offer new premium paid item that will be available through the in-game store."

what do you think, is it good or bad news for a weekend player? i'm asking because i never played any of the above mentioned games. can the marketable stuff affect gameplay in a bad way?

Jawmuncher

"Primal Carnage fully integrates the Steam Economy system and will bring fans an item and trading system similar to that seen in Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and DOTA2.

At launch, the economy will contain a variety of weapon skins, dinosaur skins and dinosaur models, but this is just the start. Not only will these items be tradeable, but players can also sell them on the Steam Marketplace. Lukewarm Media will also continue to offer new premium paid item that will be available through the in-game store."

what do you think, is it good or bad news for a weekend player? i'm asking because i never played any of the above mentioned games. can the marketable stuff affect gameplay in a bad way?

Depends on how the items will be given which we dont know yet. I dont see it being a big issue though. Game ismt really competitive heavy anyway so it wont even end up like yhose mentioned games.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

I NEED a top hat/monocle combo for my t-rex ... ASAP!!!! :D

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Atraveller, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Atraveller, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PixelJunk Eden -- MB-8AF7D70D66F4DEB4 - Taken by kudoboi. 10 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Prey -- MB-02922DA37E789D82 - Taken by AHA-Lambda. 70 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-93D2A23923621684 - Taken by rostocker. 1 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-808CBA8CFF584F45 - Taken by Armoured Priest. 5 entrants total.

t1409407466z1.png

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Anyone know how this happened?? I never entered my own contest lol.

YSI2keg.png

Sorry to the others who entered...I will repost the contest here shortly. I can still use the same key right since it is not used?

DogMeat77

Banana.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Landmark -- MB-7B4EA2603BB15E66
Landmark 2 -- MB-21EF579EED1370FD

t1409415029z1.png

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Bought that Lichdom Battlemage now that it's left early access and I have to say it's really fun so far. Spellcrafting looks like it could be relatively deep from what I've experimented with. Cryengine 3 game as well so looks very nice. Enjoyed what I've played of it but I'm glad I didn't pay £29.99 for it, seems a bit too expensive at that price.

I have one of those codes and used it, man that shit is so boring. There's nothing to do in it. I wonder when they're planning on adding the fun stuff into the game. Its been like what, 2 years since its just been that building thing? Hope the winners enjoy it more than I do though

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Ok lets try this again...
ModBot said:
A small gift from Stuggernaut:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Stuggernaut, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare -- MB-03C9F461183E05B8 - Taken by ramoisdead. 29 entrants total.

t1409415449z1.png

Parfait

Anyone else having a problem where non-steam game screenshots are being uploaded as private by default?

PS I refuse to believe that voice acting for Hunie pop is real. that's like 1990's bad ero anime dub level.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Bought that Lichdom Battlemage now that it's left early access and I have to say it's really fun so far. Spellcrafting looks like it could be relatively deep from what I've experimented with. Cryengine 3 game as well so looks very nice. Enjoyed what I've played of it but I'm glad I didn't pay £29.99 for it, seems a bit too expensive at that price.

The Russian version is tradable?

Anyone else having a problem where non-steam game screenshots are being uploaded as private by default?

PS I refuse to believe that voice acting for Hunie pop is real. that's like 1990's bad ero anime dub level.
Give me a video of the voice acting in action. I want to hear how bad it is.

Turfster

Holy shit the Murdered Soul Suspect menu is the worst menu ever.
You can select things with the mouse, but if you've got a gamepad plugged in YOU MUST SELECT WITH THE A BUTTON, CLICKING DOES NOTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom