• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Anyone else having a problem where non-steam game screenshots are being uploaded as private by default?

PS I refuse to believe that voice acting for Hunie pop is real. that's like 1990's bad ero anime dub level.

Your share setting in general should fix that.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Asgaro, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Asgaro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sanctum: Collection -- MB-F8904038DE137A65 - Taken by kulapik. 1 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-0D8C9EDC7048429F
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-846C34BFEFCB967E
Batman: Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-0A3FB46CACD5F51E - Taken by The Dear Leader

t1409409989z1.png

Chariot

I am so torn what to do with the idlemaster money.
Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming or Hatoful Boyfriend+Shan Gui? I like both ideas, but I am not sure what I should choose. Oh, the world pain :(
Lol I remember that jewelry heist.
We should play some time again :D

Ugh, Metro Redux has an annoying bug where my character automatically puts on his night vision goggles during every cutscene. I think I'm gonna stop playing until the bugs are sorted out.

saunderez

Holy shit the Murdered Soul Suspect menu is the worst menu ever.
You can select things with the mouse, but if you've got a gamepad plugged in YOU MUST SELECT WITH THE A BUTTON, CLICKING DOES NOTHING.
The whole port is a cluster fuck, Vsync locks to 30fps without a configuration tweak. Game runs fine at 60fps and higher with Vsync off so I don't know why they made that stupid decision.

Jawmuncher

Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming or Hatoful Boyfriend+Shan Gui? I like both ideas, but I am not sure what I should choose. Oh, the world pain :(

VNs over Hero easily.
Hero is gonna hit that cheapness soon.

Also I remember playing payday good times .

Vuze

Finally I bought a new PC after...six,seven years?
Those are the specs:

Modello GeForce GTX 760
Can I play Witcher 3 with no problems with it?

I read Mortadella for some reason. I should get some food.

You will be fine, but certainly not maxed out at 1080p60 if any currently available GPU will handle this at all. :D

Ozium

Orion: Dino Horde, Bad Rats and Real Horror Stories

Blizzard just sent me a free world of Warcraft digital edition with one month play time.HALP! Also wonder when rimworld will be released on steam,it has been accepted on greenlight.

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
R.I.P.D.: The Game -- MB-9325BC90D13844C6 - Taken by cardinalmind. 4 entrants total.

t1409408009z1.png

Bad game with cards, and since it's licenced, it might disappear one day.

Those are the specs:

Processore Produttore Intel®
Tipo Core™ i7 4770
Memoria RAM Tipo DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
Memoria installata 8GB
Hard Disk Tipo SATAIII
Capacità 1TB
Adattatore Grafico Produttore NVIDIA
Modello GeForce GTX 760
Memoria totale 3GB dedicata
Dettagli DDR3

Oh my God. This is the exact configuration I was thinking about! i7+GTX 760.
But I decided to hold out for i7(i5)+GTX 860(Ti) likely this winter.
Yeah, you should have no problems running the Witcher 3. Of course not at 4k/120fps but 1080p/60fps should be absolutely achievable with some settings toned down a notch.
Really happy for you man!
--
Ok lets try this again...
What a hilarious twist of fate. I slept during your first try. Thanks for the chance, I'll definitely give this go.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
A 3GB 760 with DDR3? :/

Anyways, you'll be able to play it. At 30fps, you shouldn't have any issues. Can probably do 60fps with a lot of lowered settings, but who knows. It may run horribly for all we know.

Oh man I totally skipped over that. I forgot they even make videocards with DDR3 instead of GDDR5.

KainXVIII

Found two unredeemed keys on humblebundle (new feature)
ModBot said:
Instructions for KainXVIII:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KainXVIII, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-7BF2D53F05F70716 - Taken by confuziz. 1 entrants total.
Oil Rush -- MB-158EC8F232EDA10E - Taken by demolitio. 1 entrants total.

t1409408789z1.png

Evrain

Those are the specs:

Processore Produttore Intel®
Tipo Core™ i7 4770
Velocità del clock 3.40/3.90 GHz
Velocità BUS 5 GT/s
Cache di terzo livello 8 MB
Chipset Intel® H81
Memoria RAM Tipo DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
Memoria installata 8GB
Massima supportata 32GB
Hard Disk Tipo SATAIII
Capacità 1TB
Velocità 7200 rpm
Adattatore Grafico Produttore NVIDIA
Modello GeForce GTX 760
Memoria totale 3GB dedicata
Dettagli DDR3
Unità Ottica Tipo Masterizzatore DVD±R/RW SuperMulti Dual Layer
Caratteristiche N.d.
Altro N.d.
Sistema Audio Scheda Realtek ALC892
Dettagli 8 Channel Codec
Connettività Modem No
LAN Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000
Wi-Fi No
Bluetooth 4.0
Infrarossi No
Interfacce Slot PCI-Express 4 x DIMM
Uscita Video VGA
Uscita TV HDMI
Porte USB 2 USB 3.0 (frontali), 5 USB 2.0 (3 posteriori)
FireWire No
Porta parallela No
Porta seriale No
Porta PS/2 1
Connettore RJ 11

No
Connettore RJ 45 Si
Ingresso audio (line) Si
Ingresso microfono Si
Uscita cuffie Si
Uscita audio Si
S/PDIF 1
Card reader Si 16-in-1
Sintonizzatore TV No
Altro N.d.
Accessori Tastiera Si USB
Mouse Si ottico USB
Casse No
Altro N.d.
Dimensioni e peso Larghezza 17,5 cm
Profondità 42 cm
Altezza 40 cm
Peso 8 kg
Sistema Operativo e Software Sistema Operativo Microsoft Windows 8 64bit
Applicativi Acquistare Microsoft Office per attivare il software Office su questo computer
Utilities PC-cillin 2010 Trial, Nero 9 Essentials, Microsoft Pack, Adobe Reader, ASUS AI Manager, ASUS My Logo2, ASUS Update, ASUS Q-fan, ASUS@Vibe
Antivirus N.d.
Garanzia del produttore Durata 12 mesi
Tipologia Pick-up and return, parti e manodopera

How much are you shelling? I was considering building a mini itx using a bitfenix phenom, but without going North of 500€ and ensuring absolute portability

Jawmuncher

I am either garbage at finding things or it's staring me in the face and I can't see them anyway. Where are these settings?

Actually I think the newest update messed something up on that.
No options I got confused with something else but uploading indeed only lets you make it private.
But you can make it public from the image page itself.

Those are the specs:
-snip-

Your CPU is more than capable, you GPU is more powerful than PS4's, you are definitely ok with High 1080p/30fps.

Since you are not overclocking your i7, why not just get a Xeon? It's cheaper.

derExperte

I think the 760 only comes in the 2gb or 4gb GDDR5 varieties.

So probably an error. Edit: No, 760s with 3GB exist. http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-760-oem/specifications But those OEM versions are downgraded and slower compared to the 'real' ones, see the comparison at the bottom! http://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.ph...eforce-gtx-760-karten-fuer-den-oem-markt.html.

And recently there was a problem with counterfeited GTX660s which use DDR3 instead of GDDR5, better safe than sorry and make sure everything is legit. http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2014/08/28/fake-gtx-660/1

Also I'd highly recommend getting an SSD if the budget somehow allows it.

Parfait

Actually I think the newest update messed something up on that.
No options I got confused with something else but uploading indeed only lets you make it private.
But you can make it public from the image page itself.

Yeah, At least the process to making things public isn't too annoying, but its still annoying to do so in the first place. Steam games get uploaded to public by default still, though.

Jawmuncher

Yeah, At least the process to making things public isn't too annoying, but its still annoying to do so in the first place. Steam games get uploaded to public by default still, though.

Yeah they definitely changed something around.
Since awhile back I posted nonsteam games images and they weren't restricted to private from that screen. Wonder what the deal is considering you can still change it from the other menu.

Is anyone else having problems getting NeoGAF to display properly? I've tried it on both Chrome and Firefox but neither seems to help. Most of the time when I click on a topic, it loads some posts but never finishes loading the rest. It just stops loading them and leaves a cut off point somewhere before the end.

I want this game. I'm so tired of anime waifus that I will throw money at this just to piss those neckbeards in the Youtube comments off.
I'm also little tired of anime waifus because almost all of the games I've played the past few months have them, but I won't buy that. It seems to be so full of crassy (?) / toilet humor / catering to the masses type of thing.
Is anyone else having problems getting NeoGAF to display properly? I've tried it on both Chrome and Firefox but neither seems to help. Most of the time when I click on a topic, it loads some posts but never finishes loading the rest. It just stops loading them and leaves a cut off point somewhere before the end.
I sometimes encounter this but I usually just F5 the page and it will work fine.

So probably an error. Edit: No, 760s with 3GB exist. http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-760-oem/specifications But those OEM versions are downgraded and slower compared to the 'real' ones, see the comparison at the bottom! http://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.ph...eforce-gtx-760-karten-fuer-den-oem-markt.html.

And recently there was a problem with counterfeited GTX660s which use DDR3 instead of GDDR5, better safe than sorry and make sure everything is legit. http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2014/08/28/fake-gtx-660/1

Also I'd highly recommend getting an SSD if the budget somehow allows it.

Yea, that's really shady business. Really have to take a good look if prices are too good to be true. At least the fakes on ebay are obvious and hilariously bad (from the comments in the article), lol :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Similar-with-GTX780-2GB-384Bit-GDDR3-PCI-Express-2-0x16-Video-Graphics-Card-Hot-/171379870764?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item27e7094c2c

Jawmuncher

Someone would have to pay me to play a MMO for longer than an hour.
Every single one I have tried I never last longer than that before losing interest.

Chariot

Every single one I have tried I never last longer than that before losing interest.
Secret World was pretty fun, and I enjoyed DCUO as a DC-fan. But I am alwasy reminded of the concessions a developer have to make when doing a MMORPG. Secret World would be super mega amazing if it would've been an singleplayer game from scratch.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Blizzard just sent me a free world of Warcraft digital edition with one month play time.HALP! Also wonder when rimworld will be released on steam,it has been accepted on greenlight.

2014-08-30_16-44-29.jpg

have you tried playing The Secret World? :)

derExperte

Is it only me (or in Germany) or did Google alter their search? For example I could just google for 999rub or 50usd and it would tell me immediately how much that is in €. But that stopped working some time last week.

I put a few hours into Old Republic and tried others but I always feel like MMOs are all about wasting my time. Everything takes too long and there's no real end goal, the formula does not work for me at all.

Anteater

ffxi was probably the only mmo I ever enjoyed, I could never get into the other ones no matter how hard I try and I gave them enough time, I mean I find some of them fun, but there are a lot of things I dislike also.

MNC

So, I started TWDS2. Couldn't find TWDS1. Now when I reinstalled S1, my savefiles reappeared but I already started S2... Any way I could incorporate my choices back into my game? I'm at Ep2.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Guild Wars was pretty neat but I played that with friends. Monthly fee is a huge barrier to entry, even if I can afford it.

Terra_Ex

So, I started TWDS2. Couldn't find TWDS1. Now when I reinstalled S1, my savefiles reappeared but I already started S2... Any way I could incorporate my choices back into my game? I'm at Ep2.

Pretty sure you'll have to restart if you want your S1 choices to carry over.

ffxi was probably the only mmo I ever enjoyed, I could never get into the other ones no matter how hard I try and I gave them enough time, I mean I find some of them fun, but there are a lot of things I dislike also.

Same, so hard. So many great memories, other than that time they nerfed the shit outta my RNG. FFXI had one of the best FF storylines if you paid attention.

PUP4LIFE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom