• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Is it me, or is Murdered buggy as hell?
I can SEE what I'm supposed to inspect, and all the guides tell me I'm right, but it just won't fucking trigger the prompt.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of PossumMeat, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Landmark -- MB-7B4EA2603BB15E66 - Taken by topyy. 9 entrants total.
Landmark 2 -- MB-21EF579EED1370FD - Taken by darkchewie. 7 entrants total.

t1409415029z1.png

derExperte

Is it me, or is Murdered buggy as hell?
I can SEE what I'm supposed to inspect, and all the guides tell me I'm right, but it just won't fucking trigger the prompt.

I heard some complaints and I think it bugged out during the Giant Bomb QL, thankfully I had zero issues.

Asgaro

That's quite the achievement!

It will be interesting to see how much the game gets sold once it exits Early Access.
Personally, I never buy Early Access games and wait for the full release, so they'll sell at least 1 copy...
But I assume I'm more the exception than the rule?

Just checked my wishlist:
- 98 listed games
- Of those 98, 81 can be played right now. (Others are mostly unreleased AAA titles)
- Of those 81, 29 are in Early Access: that's 36%. Higher than I expected!

Terra_Ex

Are there a lot of events impacted by S1? Generally asking, not just you.
Not massively, but there are some callbacks to S1, some different dialogue and characters may/may not be present in a certain scene too. Saying more would be spoiling things though.

That's quite the achievement!

It will be interesting to see how much the game gets sold once it exits Early Access.
Personally, I never buy Early Access games and wait for the full release, so they'll sell at least 1 copy...
But I assume I'm more the exception than the rule?

Just checked my wishlist:
- 98 listed games
- Of those 98, 81 can be played right now. (Others are mostly unreleased AAA titles)
- Of those 81, 29 are in Early Access: that's 36%. Higher than I expected!

I learnt my lesson on early releases with this one.

madjoki

No, these are big and I can see them fucking shine at me, but they just won't trigger.
The book on the counter and the pictures the cop is standing over in the apartment

Yes, I meant the region that has trigger is smaller than item, which makes it sometimes hard to find/trigger.

fenners

I'm thoroughly enjoying SoundDodger+ from this week's Adult Swim Humble Bundle.

Abstract, single screen "avoid em up" where the enemy patterns are in time to the music, all you have to do is dodge them until the music ends, at which point you're scored. It's simple, extremely well presented, with a complete lack of neon/pixel over the topness (so far). An absolute thing of beauty, if you like that sort of abstract style & mechanic mix.

Sarcasm

I know this is steam but anybody have a good recommendation for a mouse with 7 buttons? My middle click doesn't work (I took it apart and cleaned it..no luck).

Vastag

I'm finally playing Skyrim and its sucking my life away. I was supposed to do some main quest but I got sidetracked and poffff... 70 hours gone.

Turfster

Yes, I meant the region that has trigger is smaller than item, which makes it sometimes hard to find/trigger.

Nope, it was more stupid than that.
The clue counter is for the entire room, but some clues only unlock after you've answered a question, since they belong to a followup question... Which they only tell you after you've answered that first question.

Man, that CoD sale with its bundles is so freakishly expensive. Those zombie modes though ;_; So many DLC with zombie modes/maps/co-op, but they are always together with non-zombie stuff.
Wonder if this sale will be a success for Activision or if they'll finally get that they need to adapt with prices.

Anteater

Same, so hard. So many great memories, other than that time they nerfed the shit outta my RNG. FFXI had one of the best FF storylines if you paid attention.

PUP4LIFE

Yeah there was a huge sense of accomplishment because things were difficult to do and impossible to do alone, and you have to figure everything out yourself or with the community, I met most of my gaming friends in xi.

CoP has most of the best moments I ever experienced in a video game, so many deaths with the promys at launch with those random groups, there were so many laughs, it's why I hate the instance stuff with MMOs these days, I love to see groups of people dying trying to reach a goal.

Man, that CoD sale with its bundles is so freakishly expensive. Those zombie modes though ;_; So many DLC with zombie modes/maps/co-op, but they are always together with non-zombie stuff.
Wonder if this sale will be a success for Activision or if they'll finally get that they need to adapt with prices.

Lol, acti will keep it expensive and you'll like it, god dammit!

Copons

I just ordered it by a local italian market, Mediaworld.

I don't want to be that guy, but for the next time just check e-key, which is hands down the best Italian site for PC parts.
They may be a little slow when it comes to shipments, but at least their support is good and for (IIRC) 30€ they'll build and test your PC before shipping it, which is great if you don't have a clue about compatibilities (for me, the most annoying part of building a PC) or whatever.

But anyway, if you prefer to buy it in a physical store, I'd suggest you just search in your area if there are some small PC dedicated stores. I don't know where you live, but in Rome I know like 5 stores with competitive enough prices and expert staff, where I usually go when I need something quickly.

(also don't forget to alwasy check Amazon, even though of course they sell only separate parts)

Anyway, as your previous question about Witcher 3.
I have a GTX 780 and I cannot run Witcher 2 maxed out, because of the infamous Ubersampling setting, which manages to kill my framerate (unstable 20fps if Ubersampling is on; 55-60fps if it's off).
So you'll most likely be able to play Witcher 3, just forget to max it. :D

Sadly, I don't know what dual channel is, so..what is it?

Dual channel makes your RAM work faster, but you need two memory modules and set them in the apropiate slots (check your motherboar manual), similarly you can do triple channel with three modules or even quad channel with four modules supposing your motherboard supports it. Forgot to mention that for it to work the memory modules must be similar, same size and speeds.

Lomax

Is anyone else having problems getting NeoGAF to display properly? I've tried it on both Chrome and Firefox but neither seems to help. Most of the time when I click on a topic, it loads some posts but never finishes loading the rest. It just stops loading them and leaves a cut off point somewhere before the end.

Yeah, it seems to be happening to a lot of us, and doesn't seem to be related to plugins or browser or anything along those lines. Doesn't seem to happen on mobile though. Pretty much making the site completely unbearable for me currently. I think it's impacting modbot as well, because I'm seeing a lot of unedited raffles that are complete and have been given away.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, the load issues are strange. I've not experienced anything of the sort on my PC (Waterfox, which is technically Firefox 30.0) or my laptop (Firefox 31.0).

Darkroronoa

Is anyone else having problems getting NeoGAF to display properly? I've tried it on both Chrome and Firefox but neither seems to help. Most of the time when I click on a topic, it loads some posts but never finishes loading the rest. It just stops loading them and leaves a cut off point somewhere before the end.

Yeah, sometimes i have to reload like 5-6 times to load a page, and in some thread i cant load the whole page like you. It drives me insane!

Sendou

Hi Cendou,

As a Green Man Gaming customer, you are more than just a random person buying games with us: you are part of a big family we care for.

This is why today your loyalty gets rewarded with this special gift: your personal 23% off voucher redeemable on any Green Man Gaming title.

Is this legit (=can I get a good deal out of this)?

Sendou

others were talking about it like a day or two ago so im pretty sure its legit. I haven't gotten a code myself so I can't really tell you personally

I'm just wondering if there's anything worth buying on GMG. They got these "deals" that I never use because it's so expensive normally. I wondered if this 23% off would make a difference.

Has there been any coverage or impressions of Space Pirates and Zombies 2? I thought the first one was OK, but far too repetitive for me to enjoy for more than a handful of zones.

I ask because, judging from Steam's "coming soon" tab, it looks like SPAZ2 releases on this Monday or Tuesday.

Finished ep3 of TWD2 and yea so far it still beats TWD1.

Next ep looks a bit slow from the preview though.

Enjoy the ride, and be sure to avoid the spoiler thread until you finish Episode 5!

Some people may not like it as much as Season 1, but I think it is at least as good.

JaseC

I just got the same mail. Bet it isn't compatible with credit but maybe they have some good deals right now
ahahaha...

The discount isn't applied to your account a la Amazon; it's a unique voucher code. Also, it should be noted that said code expires on the 5th.

Edit: Oh, you edited. ;)

Enco

Has there been any coverage or impressions of Space Pirates and Zombies 2? I thought the first one was OK, but far too repetitive for me to enjoy for more than a handful of zones.

I ask because, judging from Steam's "coming soon" tab, it looks like SPAZ2 releases on Monday or Tuesday.

Enjoy the ride, and be sure to avoid the spoiler thread until you finish Episode 5!

Some people may not like it as much as Season 1, but I think it is at least as good.

Yea I'm resisting the temptation to visit.

TWD had some amazing moments but way too many boring moments where nothing happened.

Anyone in the UK bought PvZ from US Amazon?

Thorgal

Has anyone gotten slowdowns when "Steam is allocating disk space "Message happens ?

Usually that bars fills up almost instantly but now it takes almost a full minute to Finish .

Small and in the end not a problem but thought i'd ask.

iosefe

Has anyone gotten slowdowns when "Steam is allocating disk space "Message happens ?

Usually that bars fills up almost instantly but now it takes almost a full minute to Finish .

I got that on Sonic racing I believe

Sajjaja

Blizzard just sent me a free world of Warcraft digital edition with one month play time.HALP! Also wonder when rimworld will be released on steam,it has been accepted on greenlight.
This would probably slay me as I've been eyeing getting back into Warcraft lately. Just love me some Warcraft lore.

Lomax

Yeah, Steam pretty much always freezes for at least a few seconds (sometimes longer) when it reaches the final point of an install after everything is downloaded, probably when it is decompressing stuff.

JaseC

That adorable avatar change.

Nom nom nom.

This would probably slay me as I've been eyeing getting back into Warcraft lately. Just love me some Warcraft lore.

I received the same e-mail only ~15 minutes ago... except in the fine print it states that the time expires on the 26th. That's 27 days from now, not 30. Not that I care enough to make an issue out of it. ;)

If the GMG codes are transferable, first person to say their interested will get it in a PM in less than an hour

Previous loyalty codes have been account-bound so I'd expect the same here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom