• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

Since the key was unclaimed, I'm reposting, just in case somebody wants this game...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vazduh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Overlord -- MB-379A6417EFB14FDC - Taken by Ezalc. 1 entrants total.

t1409397328z1.png

kevin1025

Banned
Yeah, sometimes i have to reload like 5-6 times to load a page, and in some thread i cant load the whole page like you. It drives me insane!

I had the problem all yesterday. I dropped from 100 posts per page to 50 posts per page and haven't had the issue since. It must be a strange refresh bug.

Tizoc

This is a GotY contender for me and I am saddened that not many bought the game.
If you like 2D Platformers, especially if you grew up with the Genesis/Mega Drive, then you really should pick this game up. Where Shovel Knight is an ode to the NES, Freedom Planet is an ode to the Genesis.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Freedom Planet -- MB-B8EEBC3CD31614FB - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 89 entrants total.

t1409503109z1.png

This is a GotY contender for me and I am saddened that not many bought the game.
If you like 2D Platformers, especially if you grew up with the Genesis/Mega Drive, then you really should pick this game up. Where Shovel Knight is an ode to the NES, Freedom Planet is an ode to the Genesis.

Tizoc speaks the truth, everyone really needs to give this game a shot.

Turfster

Apart from the interface stupidity, I've gotta say I'm quite enjoying Murdered so far.
It's basically a combination of a visual novel and a "find the hidden clues" game.
People that love collect-a-thons (paging JaseC) will think they've died and gone to heaven too ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apart from the interface stupidity, I've gotta say I'm quite enjoying Murdered so far.
It's basically a combination of a visual novel and a "find the hidden clues" game.
People that love collect-a-thons (paging JaseC) will think they've died and gone to heaven too ;)

gonetoheaven0bie3.gif

Since there's no Steam Cloud support, where is the save dir for Broforce?

The game supports cloud saves:

Code:
Array
(
    [quota] => 95.37 MB (100000000)
    [maxnumfiles] => 100
    [savefiles] => Array
        (
            [0] => Array
                (
                    [root] => gameinstall
                    [path] => Saves
                    [pattern] => *
                )

)

)

Check the installation folder. ;)

Visual novel? you sure picked my interest, will wishlist and hopefully get it on winter seal.

And by that, I basically mean you're following a story and piecing together other people's stories, with a couple of puzzles thrown in ;)

Sounds good to me, graphics look quite nice too.

Talking about VN, 3 hours in Katawa Shoujo and I'm addicted,
Emi is so cute ><

I totally recommend it, since its free you all should give it a try.

Mono

It's finally Saturday, yay!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

PGP3OVL.png
Bloodrayne 2 (GOG) -- MB-509743BC6AAA1C47 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-2A42D045FDAD2961
Meltdown -- MB-D03ABA1BD7C37287 - Taken by salazar547
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-0337B783F1E6D845 - Taken by Teppic
Eschalon: Book III -- MB-054E79B2438A7E24 - Taken by nightstorm

Kyougar

So, Game of Thrones TellTale Series is going to be a Story from the perspective of Clansmen around Deepwood Motte. Could be interesting. (Fingers crossed for a 2014 release)

JaseC

Blue Moon and Heineken ? How the mighty have fallen.

Haha, when it comes to booze I'll drink literally anything, but I'd say Heineken is the one beer that I'd only drink if there were no other options. I don't hate it, but it's not exactly palatable.

Dark Souls 2 savegame are Steam cloud secured too?

Nope.

I wonder what company will make a Jurassic World game?

Telltale.

Mono

So, Game of Thrones TellTale Series is going to be a Story from the perspective of Clansmen around Deepwood Motte. Could be interesting. (Fingers crossed for a 2014 release)

That sounds awesome! It'll probably be a worse than usual glitchfest if it's released this year, though! :X

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Haha, when it comes to booze I'll drink literally anything, but I'd say Heineken is the one beer that I'd only drink if there were no other options. I don't hate it, but it's not exactly palatable.

Telltale.

I just try to avoid the hard stuff. I don't have a good recent history with it.

Telltale? They made the awful J-Park game, I hope they try harder.

exactly , one of my favorite games on steam :)

nice giveaway btw

Kyougar

Would love to see TellTale make a adventure game based on Dexter series or even Lost.

Lost would work, but i dunno about dexter. I cant really see TellTale taggling the issue of the player being a Murderer and it doesnt work from the other side, because you know what Dexter is.
Maybe X-Files could work but that is to out of mindshare today.

Lain

I don't want to be that guy, but for the next time just check e-key, which is hands down the best Italian site for PC parts.
They may be a little slow when it comes to shipments, but at least their support is good and for (IIRC) 30€ they'll build and test your PC before shipping it, which is great if you don't have a clue about compatibilities (for me, the most annoying part of building a PC) or whatever.

I back this suggestion. I got my last PC from them and since I didn't feel like assembling it this time around I had them do it and it was perfect.

JaseC

I just try to avoid the hard stuff. I don't have a good recent history with it.

I'd say I'm most partial to rum. I need to stop mixing it with Coke, though. The caffeine keeps me up.

Telltale? They made the awful J-Park game, I hope they try harder.

What I played of it for the 2011 Winter Sale achievement was more than enough.

Oemenia

Banned
Really glad to see WaW getting so much love, its criminally overlooked. For those of us who have been with the franchise since the first game (or even MOHAA) know that it's the amalgamation of all the WW2 era games in the franchise. The storytelling, the brutality and scale make it the pinnacle of the franchise. Black Ops 1 also made by Treyarch is a fantastic game that fuses the modern setting with influence of that game.

If I can be honest though, everyone saying MW was the best campaign (or one of the) most likely started the franchise with that game, I wouldn't be surprised if that was even their first military shooter of its type. Even though MW2 was a big improvement, it failed to take influences from the Treyarch games.

Monooboe

I agree, I loved Murdered, kept raving about it here to deaf ears!;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom