• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys and 15 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Steam and Metal (Desura) -- MB-0BCDE38CADE9AC78 - Taken by Jason Frost
Pixel Puzzles: Japan -- MB-B0C8A05902F8844A
Broken Age (OUYA) -- MB-33C4E769779FC40E
ulgzbKC.png
Fatal Theory (Desura) -- MB-4593443AE7DA14C9 - Taken by Darth Kupi
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-0E998CFE7BBCFED6
ulgzbKC.png
Radical Heroes Crimson City Crisis (DESURA) -- MB-3AE3AF91ED093377
ulgzbKC.png
Make it indie! (Desura) -- MB-311FEEEA75A176E6 - Taken by Jason Frost
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-929EEDF95800A93F
ulgzbKC.png
Retention (Desura) -- MB-83128766B38A0F3C - Taken by Trellisaze
ulgzbKC.png
1Quest (DESURA) -- MB-D3079C82A987BFB7 - Taken by Jason Frost
PGP3OVL.png
Torchlight (GOG) -- MB-1F2F0D93E8C7B268 - Taken by gar3. 1 entrants total.
Out of the Park Baseball 14 -- MB-87ABD457F5CE45A3
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-954D898854A96F50
ulgzbKC.png
Sick Brick (DESURA) -- MB-79BF93F84E9872D2
Hostile Waters Antaeus Rising -- MB-A840476B8788BBA8 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Micy Roll (Desura) -- MB-F827CD3B01351F86 - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Song of the Myrne (Desura) -- MB-347026A827F1EB3C - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Depth Hunter (DESURA) -- MB-AFB9B99944790AE9 - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Tiamat X (DESURA) -- MB-B95341805C0B244C - Taken by Gintoki
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-DE5575365F2631CD - Taken by agniswarm. 1 entrants total.
Data Hacker Initiation -- MB-2956E5AFF6395765
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-6E69D1CCADA25E46 - Taken by Darkroronoa
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-E3142778764D1C64
AIRSHIP DRAGOON -- MB-CABC11E0858B75C3
xheRJRF.gif
ulgzbKC.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Deep Black Reloaded (DESURA) -- MB-64ED0BB5EC8DCA9B - Taken by SSPssp
ulgzbKC.png
PRELOGATE (Desura) -- MB-AEB7EE5A77B98610 - Taken by Jason Frost
Orcs Must Die! 2 Complete Pack -- MB-7F1A3444CF589C21
ulgzbKC.png
Yury (Desura) -- MB-97EA4FCB0D7FCDC1

t1409431169z1.png

I added some older stuff that never was taken so it could be that one or two of these keys are already used, sorry if that should be the case

MadGear

So i have now completely transitioned to play KoF XIII with my keyboard. It felt wrong at first but just after a short while it already performs so much better for me than with a gamepad (used the Xbox One and 360 pad, but since both their d-pads are pretty much useless i played with the analog stick instead). It really improved the precisions of my directional inputs and thus stopped me from accidentally jumping during certain moves. I'm still not fast enough for most of the combos in the mission trials but I'll work on that.

However it makes me wonder, is the keyboard viable for other fighting games as well or does KoF apply some processing to make the inputs work this well? Has anyone tried to play Injustice or USF4 with a keyboard?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Supernatural bam.

The perfect Supernatural game would be a sprawling open-world action-adventure game set in the mid-western US, with your main method of transport being the series' signature black Impala and the main mission line taking you from place to place, but, just like the show, there being no shortage of side-missions that are off the beaten track. Pity it's never going to happen.

Momentary

Banned
Okay, last night I saw someone post a picture of some triangular computer case from Alienware and for some reason it made me think to jump on OriginPC (company by the original founders of Alienware) to get and idea of how much my pocket would be destroyed if I decided to not build my own desktop next year.

Some of the markups are damn RIDICULOUS. 32GB DDR4 at 2133mhz marked up well over $870 (they tack on +$670 from the BASE 16GB that they offer.) You can get 32GB of DDR4 for $420 right now on Newegg.

I just don't see how the fools stay in business. I feel that some people just don't know they value of the hardware. Also, I know some people can't be bothered with putting together a computer, and if they've got the money by all means go ahead, but a %100+ markup is ridiculous.

Anyway, I know this has nothing to do with Steam, but it's from something I saw in this thread last night and I don't feel like posting this anywhere else.

Sajjaja

Okay, last night I saw someone post a picture of some triangular computer case from Alienware and for some reason it made me think to jump on OriginPC (company by the original founders of Alienware) to get and idea of how much my pocket would be destroyed if I decided to not build my own desktop next year.

Some of the markups are damn RIDICULOUS. 32GB DDR4 at 2133mhz marked up well over $870 (they tack on +$670 from the BASE 16GB that they offer.) You can get 32GB of DDR4 for $420 right now on Newegg.

I just don't see how the fools stay in business. I feel that some people just don't know they value of the hardware. Also, I know some people can't be bothered with putting together a computer, and if they've got the money by all means go ahead, but a %100+ markup is ridiculous.

Anyway, I know this has nothing to do with Steam, but it's from something I saw in this thread last night and I don't feel like posting this anywhere else.
They're still riding their premium from their Alienware days.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
The perfect Supernatural game would be a sprawling open-world action-adventure game set in the mid-western US, with your main method of transport being the series' signature black Impala and the main mission line taking you from place to place, but, just like the show, there being no shortage of side-missions that are off the beaten track. Pity it's never going to happen.

so - in other words: an Iconic© Ubisoft® Game™ ;)

Asgaro

Have at it.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Asgaro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -- MB-553F28F5C5051E90 - Taken by KevMan1815
F.E.A.R. -- MB-88C3DA8EDDECD24D - Taken by fspm
F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-F754636EFD75B2FB - Taken by Henry Swanson
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-D8027B5AC7FBE78C

t1409432370z1.png

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Bioware?
Bethesda?

Li Kao

Secret World was pretty fun, and I enjoyed DCUO as a DC-fan. But I am alwasy reminded of the concessions a developer have to make when doing a MMORPG. Secret World would be super mega amazing if it would've been an singleplayer game from scratch.

Loved Secret World to death in the beta. So good. But when retail hit I lost interest as soon as I reached the second zone. Maybe that's just me, maybe the beach hotel demonic invasion was too stupid, maybe it was a typical case of Funcom doing an absurdly good first zone and dropping the ball afterward.
Maybe it's just the cognitive dissonance I felt when after playing many hours soloing the first city I had to group and "lol let's gank on the mobs in the raid zone".
That being said, I fucking loved it.

dot

I want a Supernatural game by Telltale based on the early seasons where you go and investigate urban legends! I'd love to see their take on that.
Mmm, that would be amazing.

So i have now completely transitioned to play KoF XIII with my keyboard. It felt wrong at first but just after a short while it already performs so much better for me than with a gamepad (used the Xbox One and 360 pad, but since both their d-pads are pretty much useless i played with the analog stick instead). It really improved the precisions of my directional inputs and thus stopped me from accidentally jumping during certain moves. I'm still not fast enough for most of the combos in the mission trials but I'll work on that.

However it makes me wonder, is the keyboard viable for other fighting games as well or does KoF apply some processing to make the inputs work this well? Has anyone tried to play Injustice or USF4 with a keyboard?
Yes, I regularly play Skullgurls on a keyboard and I don't do half bad, just ask Momo. :) I also tried SFIV on it, it's not too bad either.

Pachimari

I haven't played as much games as I thought I would when I build my own gamer PC.

I think it have to do with me not sitting comfortably in my chair, and there's not a lot leg space underneath the computer table.

Anyone have any idea for a desk chair, maybe from Ikea?

Sajjaja

6 year old cousin spent 10 mins writing 15 pages of nonsense in Minecraft. Just spamming the keyboard.
"One second, let me write a few more words."

Edit: And now she's back at it.

kudoboi

I haven't played as much games as I thought I would when I build my own gamer PC.

I think it have to do with me not sitting comfortably in my chair, and there's not a lot leg space underneath the computer table.

try connecting your PC to ur TV via HDMI then just using the sofa to play games

Sendou

Hook your PC to your TV? If that's an option that is.

Kiru

I finished X-Blades.. Oh boy, wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Game gets really repetitive after some time. And those cutscenes... ugh... horrible. Your character is also a really cocky bitch... REALLY not the good kind of hack & slash.

Chariot

Loved Secret World to death in the beta. So good. But when retail hit I lost interest as soon as I reached the second zone. Maybe that's just me, maybe the beach hotel demonic invasion was too stupid, maybe it was a typical case of Funcom doing an absurdly good first zone and dropping the ball afterward.
Maybe it's just the cognitive dissonance I felt when after playing many hours soloing the first city I had to group and "lol let's gank on the mobs in the raid zone".
It's still a good game after the first zone and beyond. The lore is awesome, the characters are fun, the open skill system is cool, but all the problems come with it being a MMORPG. The immersion is constantly broken by dozens of people running around everywhere, monsters respawing, the way the graphics are and how you're forced to party up for raids. I really love the game :( I hope somebody makes a similar game or remake it into a single player experience. Maybe co-op, but not an MMO

xeris

Once you get past that and to the haunted house and university the zone gets amazingly fun again and doesn't really slow down until about mid way through Egypt. I made it most of the way through Transylvania before Guild Wars 2 sucked up all my time.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Hey guys, what are the instances that Valve would ban an account? I dont think im gonna have an issue but im a bit worried cause i made a 100$+ purchase two nights ago that went through, but fraud just happened on my cc and i had to block it with the bank. I asked them if that retroactively affected charges that havent appeared on my statement yet and they couldnt really give me a definite answer. It usually takes a few days for steam charges to appear online. Fucking hate credit card fraud. I was hit with it like 8 years ago and hasnt happened since.

Shadownet

Banned
Wonder why I suck at CS:GO?

Also I ended last, even under like two bots, and people made fun of my aim. :'(

The best thing to do is to practice. In GAF server, a mentor (someone higher level than you, and last but not least. People who are around your skill level)

Which right now would be Phoenix, Huggy, Fish, FreshVeggie and Hero Prinny. :)
Higher level people than you that can teach you a lot would be animl, paulink, stride, mayhem. etc. Pretty much a lot of people over at the CSGO thread. I can help a bit too if needed. Though I'm nowhere near experience enough.

A bit late but I'll try joining. Sign me up!

I moved it back an hour. 8:30pm EDT now. Should be better for EU GAF.

Jawmuncher

Wonder why I suck at CS:GO?

Well the answer is actually so obvious.

Also I ended last, even under like two bots, and people made fun of my aim. :'(

I love this.
Funny enough my cats never bothered to get on the computer desk.
The farther they would ever go is getting on my lap when on the PC. Or the top of my sofa and start licking my hair.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They really need to condense F.E.A.R. down into just one sub with DLC attached, instead of 3 seperate apps.

Clutters the library.

That'd require someone at Monolith/WB to make a launcher and that's never going to happen. :p The original, physical releases are standalone, so it does make sense that they're seperate apps on Steam also.

Monooboe

Yeah, I would love that! I'm early in the Series, just halfway thru season 2 and loving it.

Copons

Hey guys, what are the instances that Valve would ban an account? I dont think im gonna have an issue but im a bit worried cause i made a 100$+ purchase two nights ago that went through, but fraud just happened on my cc and i had to block it with the bank. I asked them if that retroactively affected charges that havent appeared on my statement yet and they couldnt really give me a definite answer. It usually takes a few days for steam charges to appear online. Fucking hate credit card fraud. I was hit with it like 8 years ago and hasnt happened since.

It's likely different between countries or even banks, but when a fraud happened to me some months ago, my bank cancelled and charged back only the payments I stated were fraudulent, leaving everything else untouched.

The best thing to do is to practice. In GAF server, a mentor (someone higher level than you, and last but not least. People who are around your skill level)

Which right now would be Phoenix, Huggy, Fish, FreshVeggie and Hero Prinny. :)

I moved it back an hour. 8:30pm EDT now. Should be better for EU GAF.

Uuuuh! I've got less than 30 mins, but I'm joining right now!

ooh, your right now didn't mean right now :D

(also, I guess you could just keep the time that best works for you guys, because 8.30PM EDT is 2.30AM CEST anyway :D )

I don't think that practice alone will help him :p

:'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom