• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingDirk

Dirk, check your PM, I won your Terraria but WinterDemons gave me a copy before your raffle ended, you can give it away again or for some gaffer that wants it.
Second time this has happened to me! I'm meeting with a priest right now so I'll have to take care of it later. Thank you for the honesty!

Enco

Never got into Metro 2033 but Last Light is really good so far.

Just updated my drivers and it has made a HUGE difference. Can max it out now (not SSAA though).

The graphics really make the atmosphere a lot better.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Never got into Metro 2033 but Last Light is really good so far.

Just updated my drivers and it has made a HUGE difference. Can max it out now (not SSAA though).

The graphics really make the atmosphere a lot better.

Redux is out in a week.

Redux is out in a week.

Interesting that the driver update would improve performance for both LL and LL redux. LL redux always felt unnecessary and should've just been a free update on PC.

I can understand charging for 2033 redux, though. There seems to have been a real effort to improve that game.

my backlog is nothing more than a reminder that im spending money poorly. I haven't bought a thing recently outside of Freedom Cry and that's only because im literally playing through Asscreedflag right now and it just made sense to pick it up. I can't wait to clear out my backlog so that i can get a game day one and not toss it into a pile of other purchases that i haven't attended to.

Sendou

if my backlog is a lantern then JaseC's is a lighthouse

if my backlog is a lantern then JaseC's is the goddamn sun

Someone should make a game like Pokemon were you use games in your Steam profile.
Link that to metacritics where the lower the score, the higher the stats of the 'Backlogimon'.

Suddenly, tons of people go around buying the worst games ever.

That's a million dollar idea. Might be a bit problematic when it comes to copyright laws though...

Is it just me, or it's not possible to send trade offers? trying to get Freedom Cry(for 1 key, that is), but i just the offer always fails :/

Arthea

if my backlog is a lantern then JaseC's is the goddamn sun

I don't think he sees it as backlog, rather as a collection.

Eh, my backlog is kind of like my retirement fund. That or when the zombie apocalypse finally happens at least I'll have something to make my miserable existence a bit more enjoyable (sod's law there will be no electricity).

talking of most horrible future disaster imaginable, it goes like this: no electricity, no working electronics, no internet. That's would be the worst end of the world I can imagine. (><)

Not a good impression, No Man's Sky developers...

Their latest game, Joe Danger 2, has had broken achievement icons for months (years?) and they don't seem too bothered to fix it. Even though the community clearly requested a fix on the Steam subforum.

I wouldn't really care...

if it wasn't for the fact my Steam profile now looks horrible lol.

brokenachievs.PNG

Not to mention Joe Danger 2 sucked so badly while Joe Danger 1 was a pretty good 2D Tony Hawk game.

KingDirk

Someone should make a game like Pokemon were you use games in your Steam profile.
Link that to metacritics where the lower the score, the higher the stats of the 'Backlogimon'.

Suddenly, tons of people go around buying the worst games ever.
Where will the cards fit into this?

Witcher 3 is still pretty much staying away from the books right?
I'm on 24 hour duty and thinking i'll read the newest translation so I have something to do.

I swear I've looked on Amazon for an English version and never found it, but now, there it is. They even have Kindle versions.

Can anyone give me a suggestion regarding the order in which to read them?

Should I start with The Last Wish, even though it doesn't seem to be part of the "Saga" according to Wiki?

Sorry if that's a little off-topic. On topic, I stopped playing The Witcher 2 somewhere in Flotsam. I was mopping up side quests before talking to one of the two people. Something happened, and I never picked it back up.

Is it just me, or it's not possible to send trade offers? trying to get Freedom Cry(for 1 key, that is), but i just the offer always fails :/

this was happening to me earlier. It might mean that the trade went through, hence the error. I was getting that error a bunch, gave up, refreshed steam and the gift was already waiting for me.

Turfster

I think GMG will be updating their top 11-2 soon.
The Orange Box just went 75% off.

Other probable deals:
  • Portal 2 75% off
  • Half Life 75% off
  • Half Life 2 75% off
  • Bioshock 75% off
  • Bioshock Infinite 75% off
  • Oblivion GOTY 75% off
  • Skyrim 75% off
  • Vice City 75% off
  • Civilization IV 75% off
  • Brothers A Tale of Two Sons 50% off

Got CS Go when it was cheap the other day, how often are crates supposed to drop as I haven't seen any yet and been playing for a while, does it matter which server you are on?

Dr Dogg

talking of most horrible future disaster imaginable, it goes like this: no electricity, no working electronics, no internet. That's would be the worst end of the world I can imagine. (><)

I think I could deal with the above in some freak Mad Max 2 kind of way but it would be the loss of all my favourite foods that would be the biggest kick in the nuts. I have a refined pallet don't you know (read that as I'm a picky sod when it comes to food).

People already buy a ton of bad games.

Very true as I've been buying shit games since I've been earning money (way back in the days of home computers where games came on cassette tapes). Difference is when that platform had seen better days and something new was out I'd trim down the rubbish games, sports franchises and stuff that didn't warrant a second playthrough by selling it on. Well we can't really do that with our Steam libraries unless you fancy submitting a support ticket to cleanse your library but that to me is a waste of money. So the rubbish will stay on my profile as a testament to my awful purchasing habits.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Got CS Go when it was cheap the other day, how often are crates supposed to drop as I haven't seen any yet and been playing for a while, does it matter which server you are on?

4 crates and 2 weapons per week if you have the pass are the maximum, if you don't I think 2 crates and 2 skins but I could be wrong on that one. It resets on wednesdays.

Turfster

And there we go.
Greenmangaming's top 11-2
  • Brothers 50% off
  • Vice City 75% off
  • Civilization IV complete 75% off
  • Skyrim 75% off
  • Portal 2 75% off
  • Oblivion 75% off
  • Orange Box 75% off
  • Half Life 75% off
  • Bioshock 75% off

throwourheadbackandlaugh.gif

Also, Steam, stop being so broken today.
My drops are just broken missing image pictures in my inventory.

Just started up Crusader Kings II. Went through the tutorial, and it asked me to look at my family tree. "As you can see, your wife, parents and grandparents are all dead." Um...my wife's not dead. Is...is she aware of this? Do I need to call in Haley Joel Osment here?

Tells me underneath her portrait is a button of two rings on a blue background. And click it now to continue so you can remarry, you widower you! Um...button is a yellow background and unclickable. Because she's still alive. Trying to figure out if I can use the tutorial to have my wife assassinated so I can click that button. Nope. And I can't continue. Welp. At least there's no achievement for completing the tutorial!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Check to see if it went through -- sometimes you receive an error despite a successful attempt at sending/confirming an offer. If the offer is indeed bugging out, give it another shot after logging in again or try using the client/browser instead (sometimes one fails yet the other works just fine). If, when using the client, you're getting the "You cannot trade with [username]" error in particular, you can fix this by exiting Steam, deleting the SSFN files in the root of the Steam folder and then logging in again -- this will set off Steam Guard but it won't impose a trading cooldown period.

Well. I guess you have a Saoirse pic for every situation.

Of course. ;)

Ruruja

And there we go.
Greenmangaming's top 11-2
  • Brothers 50% off
  • Vice City 75% off
  • Civilization IV complete 75% off
  • Skyrim 75% off
  • Portal 2 75% off
  • Oblivion 75% off
  • Orange Box 75% off
  • Half Life 75% off
  • Bioshock 75% off

throwourheadbackandlaugh.gif

Also, Steam, stop being so broken today.
My drops are just broken missing image pictures in my inventory.

You forgot #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom