• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Rant time:
My net will have been borked for a week now and everytime I call the ISP's call center they tell me their tech team is working on it.
...but my net is the same under 2 MBPS connection BS.
Pissing me the eff off.
Gonna visit them personally tomorrow and just ask them to send someone over and fix this.

Been stressing me out and getting on my nerves ugh.

For reference, my net is supposed to be 6 MBPS with unlimited downloads.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder what triggered the Freedom Cry error. Maybe a Ubisoft weekend is coming up?

Publishers had to submit expanded currency pricing a few months ago and support for the Japanese Yen went live about 18 hours ago. Somebody just stuffed up when attaching a JPY price to Freedom Cry.

Check to see if it went through -- sometimes you receive an error despite a successful attempt at sending/confirming an offer. If the offer is indeed bugging out, give it another shot after logging in again or try using the client/browser instead (sometimes one fails yet the other works just fine). If, when using the client, you're getting the "You cannot trade with [username]" error in particular, you can fix this by exiting Steam, deleting the SSFN files in the root of the Steam folder and then logging in again -- this will set off Steam Guard but it won't impose a trading cooldown period.

Of course. ;)
Just checked, and they went through. Now it's the waiting game, because of time zones.

Terra_Ex

Just started up Crusader Kings II. Went through the tutorial, and it asked me to look at my family tree. "As you can see, your wife, parents and grandparents are all dead." Um...my wife's not dead. Is...is she aware of this? Do I need to call in Haley Joel Osment here?

Tells me underneath her portrait is a button of two rings on a blue background. And click it now to continue so you can remarry, you widower you! Um...button is a yellow background and unclickable. Because she's still alive. Trying to figure out if I can use the tutorial to have my wife assassinated so I can click that button. Nope. And I can't continue. Welp. At least there's no achievement for completing the tutorial!

The CK2 tutorial is fairly useless and if you do something it doesn't want you to do it's easy for it to become busted. One of the rare cases where watching someone else play on Youtube will teach you more than playing through the tutorial.

Pakkidis

Hope I did this right. Some games if people are interested in. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pakkidis:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
RIPD The Game -- MB-31A14C7D07CFD035 - Taken by PriitV. 12 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Voyager (Desura) -- MB-4E9CDDC36E2868EE
Deadlight -- MB-8FABD9DE233C211C - Taken by BorntoPlay. 5 entrants total.
Racer 8 -- MB-4571A9B1778D3E24 - Taken by Hugstable. 3 entrants total.
US and THEM -- MB-8E129AE85D972BBE - Taken by Milamber. 2 entrants total.
Trufle Saga -- MB-B8ACC049E653A4F7
ulgzbKC.png
Prroadaria Uprgrade (desura) -- MB-A29929F6E46EFD1A

t1408558295z1.png

Ozium

From the Greenlight Page for Clusterpuck 99..

Big Announcement this Friday!
We have some pretty great news coming your way this week! Keep your eyes here and make sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter for more info.

Another Greenlight batch soon??

So, at this point, should I wait for a goty bioshock infinite? Do you think there will ever be one? I've played the base game on console, and getting it for $6 at gmg sounds sweet.

The CK2 tutorial is fairly useless and if you do something it doesn't want you to do it's easy for it to become busted. One of the rare cases where watching someone else play on Youtube will teach you more than playing through the tutorial.

Duly noted. Not sure what I did that it didn't want me to do in order to keep my wife alive though.

Dr Dogg

It's a really shitty "comedy" movie... and the shitty licensed game based on it.

This is a good example of 'the less you know, the better' :p
No offense.

its a game based of the mediocre movie. never played it but its apparently terrible

Oooh sounds just like my cup of tea trash game and it's got cards too! Though looking over my contacts list only 2 people have managed over 2 hours worth of 'play' time. Hmmmmm.

it's a reskin of God Mode, only with deadpool and the dude.

Ah that makes sense as it's the same devs and all.

Just started up Crusader Kings II. Went through the tutorial, and it asked me to look at my family tree. "As you can see, your wife, parents and grandparents are all dead." Um...my wife's not dead. Is...is she aware of this? Do I need to call in Haley Joel Osment here?

Tells me underneath her portrait is a button of two rings on a blue background. And click it now to continue so you can remarry, you widower you! Um...button is a yellow background and unclickable. Because she's still alive. Trying to figure out if I can use the tutorial to have my wife assassinated so I can click that button. Nope. And I can't continue. Welp. At least there's no achievement for completing the tutorial!

I tried out the tutorial too, and also in my experience it's quite buggy, I had the same issue as you.

Doh, missed the Freedoms Cry misprice. That's what I get for screwing up my sleeping pattern I guess. D:

For all I know the misprice was only there for Japanese users.

Anustart

Check to see if it went through -- sometimes you receive an error despite a successful attempt at sending/confirming an offer. If the offer is indeed bugging out, give it another shot after logging in again or try using the client/browser instead (sometimes one fails yet the other works just fine). If, when using the client, you're getting the "You cannot trade with [username]" error in particular, you can fix this by exiting Steam, deleting the SSFN files in the root of the Steam folder and then logging in again -- this will set off Steam Guard but it won't impose a trading cooldown period.

Of course. ;)

What if the situation calls for a nude Saoirse?

Dr Dogg

He has a Reddit account. If he accepts Spencer's challenge, he'll likely announce as much/post the video on there.

I wish Gabe had a GAF account and popped in here from time to time. We all love knives and fast cars in here too Gabe!

Damn, now everyone is changing their prices to 2 keys :( feels really cheap when they bought it for 1 cent.

Supply and demand. If you want them to go cheaper leave the traders lumbered with them and more than likely they will drop back to a key. Well apart from the greedy ones.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

For whatever reason, Paradox games all have broken tutorials because they don't update tutorials to reflect balance or mechanic changes or additions from subsequent patches or expansions.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I wish Gabe had a GAF account and popped in here from time to time. We all love knives and fast cars in here too Gabe!

I think we're lucky he doesn't, actually.

It's one thing when you feel God isn't watching. But to know He turned his gaze for a moment and looked away?

We'd never recover. We'd become Steamnostics.

Enco

Yea it's broken. Check out YouTube instead.

Redux is out in a week.
Is it worth stopping Last Light until I can finish 2033?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I sorta asked before but I didn't get a reply. Did a new Greenlight batch get released? I thought it was only Jenny LeClue, but some other games appear to have been Greenlit... yesterday? Or today.

Not yet.

Is it worth stopping Last Light until I can finish 2033?

I've no idea, but you might as well wait for the Redux versions to release before continuing.

Rnr1224

I had some GMG credit so i picked up skyrim. I played it on the X360 when it was first released but it didnt really grab my attention and i found it to be ok. lets see how it works out this time around.

Jawmuncher

I had some GMG credit so i picked up skyrim. I played it on the X360 when it was first released but it didnt really grab my attention and i found it to be ok. lets see how it works out this time around.

It's all about the mods for the best experience.
Don't ask me which though, because I don't know.

Sarcasm

Best in small doses. Game is actually very shallow.

The short play times, for me at least..kept me playing for a few days. Prob play it again in a few days or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom