• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These should all work

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (trailmix16, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Noir Syndrome- -- MB-303869A0A9580C63 - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 4 entrants total.
Whispering Willows- -- MB-BF4502BF9A4418A2 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 4 entrants total.
Thief Gold- -- MB-8F3EF22A135C9553 - Taken by Vlad. 2 entrants total.
Beatbuddy- -- MB-558A42A649B3F98A - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Betrayer- -- MB-464EC396E7E5B250 - Taken by Gurthang. 5 entrants total.
XCOM The Bureau- -- MB-A97FC34A7A996EB0 - Taken by Panda Rin. 3 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe- -- MB-CA0E4FD097C652DE - Taken by Se7enSword. 1 entrants total.
One Way Heroics- -- MB-26D6F244C4D7F8E5 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1408552775z1.png

Dr Dogg

Japanese Yen support on the store, eh? I've got a few features to update. I'm done with this one though:

jaH4DAJ.png

Hahaha even when you're really busy with your personally life you still have time for your baby. All hail Enhanced Steam Japanese Edition. Actually do you know how many ES users you have in Japan? I know of one very popular one that has a bit of a badge fetish ;)

--pops in--
Huh. Wall of shame looks a lot different. That's about all I got.
Nice write-up on STFU, Dr. Dogg.
--disappears--
Man, frost, I really mean it, I miss your posts, your webms (with 50cent music) and your general style. Please be here more often.
---
http://www.twitch.tv/belairjeff
I'm playing Bioshock Infinite on my stream right now!
Come watch if you want :D
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeef! I hope you have set your stream to back up for future viewability!?
I am too late, sorry. I'll check it out later (for cute, pristine, student Elizabeth)
---
Anyone played Unrest? Looks pretty interesting RPG/adventure game set in ancient India.
No one reads Turfsters posts :p
More should. He's a pretty good poster.
---
So, three quotes per reply should be good.

Hugstable

Banned
Clicking on that link will steal your login and your password or what happen?

Yeah it's usually scammer sites that steal your steam credentials and they try to pass it off as looking close to Steamcommunity.com by having it just be a few different letters to throw someone off. This is why I never add anyone unless I see that they are friends with someone I'm already friends with.

Man, frost, I really mean it, I miss your posts, your webms (with 50cent music) and your general style. Please be here more often.
---

I miss it too! We now live in a world without constant Yaiba webms :(.

Momentary

Banned
Just want to say that Strike Suit Zero could be a lot better if they didn't lock their damn ability upgrades behind impossible mission objectives. Also, at higher difficulties this game is a little unfair and sometimes certain objectives are muddled in the chaos of it all. Still I enjoy the game. It is by no means horrible, but I still have not played a space mecha game better than Omega Boost.

madjoki

Fucking shit Crusader Kings 2, locking half your achievements behind $40 of DLC is not cool.

Bad Rats doesn't do that.

At least they didn't release new DLC with new achievements and remove old achievements, leaving only new ones. (Train Simulator did this, don't know if they got restored after upset gamers).

Yeah it's usually scammer sites that steal your steam credentials and they try to pass it off as looking close to Steamcommunity.com by having it just be a few different letters to throw someone off. This is why I never add anyone unless I see that they are friends with someone I'm already friends with.

I miss it too! We now live in a world without constant Yaiba webms :(.

afaik they will ask you to type in your username and PW like the regular steam site and then ask you to disable steamguard

my friend fell for this a few weeks back

Ok thank you guys, I'll be careful with those links

MattyG

Banned
I'm going to be getting a small tablet for light school stuff (mostly just reading and storing PDFs professors send me), and was looking at the Nexus 7 but then I remembered the new Shield. Do you guys think I should get the Shield Tablet, or get the Nexus 7 and get the Shield portable sometime later?

Also, The Escapists looks great.

Turfster

I'm going to be getting a small tablet for light school stuff (mostly just reading and storing PDFs professors send me), and was looking at the Nexus 7 but then I remembered the new Shield. Do you guys think I should get the Shield Tablet, or get the Nexus 7 and get the Shield portable sometime later?

If it's really just for reading and storing PDFs, might I suggest a kindle or another e-ink based solution?

Jawmuncher

Everything in the shield thread about that tablet said it was the best android tablet for that price with it's specs. That alone had me interested. Guess it would depend on what the prices are for you.

FloatOn

I'd seriously consider the dell venue pro 8 if you are going for a tablet.

I want a physical keyboard so I'm probably going to pick up the acer switch 10 this weekend. Both of these options come with MS office for free btw.

MattyG

Banned
If it's really just for reading and storing PDFs, might I suggest a kindle or another e-ink based solution?
I was planning on using it for leisure purposes as well (Netflix, web browsing, etc). I actually have one of the older e-ink Kindles, and I never got much use out of it.

Everything in the shield thread about that tablet said it was the best android tablet for that price with it's specs. That alone had me interested. Guess it would depend on what the prices are for you.
Well I was already planning to drop ~$200 on a Nexus 7 (I actually have a $100 Staples gift card, so only like $100 of my own cash). That might be the deciding factor actually, because if I go for the Shield I have to buy elsewhere, and then I'm spending $300 of my own money instead of just $100.

I want a physical keyboard so I'm probably going to pick up the acer switch 10 this weekend. Both of these options come with MS office for free btw.
I like the sound of that, I'll have to check it out.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hahaha even when you're really busy with your personally life you still have time for your baby. All hail Enhanced Steam Japanese Edition. Actually do you know how many ES users you have in Japan? I know of one very popular one that has a bit of a badge fetish ;)

Yep, gotta take a bit of time to "make it right" when Valve changes stuff. :)

Japan is Enhanced Steam's 9th largest country. It also has the third largest install base of countries where Steam didn't previously (as of yesterday) have a local currency present on the store, after only Canada and China.

I can help you
Are you from Japan?
--
reminder :
you will be able to invite friends to the game on the last day if there's empty slots
Oh Sully, would love to join but my poor Laptop cannot handle it I fear :( Let's repeat this in 6 months!
--
I think the only trick is to skip around the corner in the last jump before the warp. Made a quick webm
http://a.pomf.se/mrqshx.webm
Looks so fast, fluid and serene... just beautifully minimalistic. Such a nice ambience with soothing music, too. Did you add the fog or is that only in that level? Pretty Turok-y.
--
BadRamen should change his name too AwesomelyDeliciousSweetJuicyGenerousRamen! Thank you man so much!

Dr Dogg

I am Turfster and this is my favourite reply on the site.

This excites and confuses me.

Meh looks pretty average kickstarter fare. I'm not really sure who this will apeal t.....

What The!!!

I wonder what creative consulting he'd be doing on this. If they reach their stretch goals and Avellone is involved in something story related I'd be mighty curious.

Japan is Enhanced Steam's 9th largest country. It also has the third largest install base of countries where Steam didn't previously (as of yesterday) have a local currency present on the store, after only Canada and China.

Hahaha awesome. I should go update my JaseC Steam Factoids info bubble to a JShackles Enhanced Steam Tidbits.

Pupo

>Error: The key you tried to add for Terraria failed because it was already in ModBot from another user.

How can I fix this? =d

Sendou

Just popped into my mind the other day: would it be useful for ES to show on store pages how much selling cards for that game would approximately net you? Especially with certain cheaper games sometimes the cards can actually take a good chunk out of that price. Newer games have expensive cards.

Hugstable

Banned
afaik they will ask you to type in your username and PW like the regular steam site and then ask you to disable steamguard

my friend fell for this a few weeks back

That's actually pretty nice to know, I never actually clicked into one of those links before and always assumed that clicking into it would screw you over, but they actually make you put in your username and password, as well as ask you to turn off SteamGuard? How can anyone ever fall for it haha.

1) Ewww, using the commander shepard meme.

2) The art looks cool. That's about it though.

I'm actually more excited about the person doing the music more than anything

Ozium

Yeah it's a great game and it's really cheap. The fog and ambient music is only in this one world (out of 5), the rest have clear weather and happier music.
For example: http://a.pomf.se/xwknvd.webm

I need to play more of this game but I can't move on to the next level without 3 starring the current one... still on world 2 lol

I've had that on my wishlist for awhile. It looks really good. I love the idea of the game and hope it's executed well. Waiting on impressions.

me too.. I'm tempted to pick it up because I love Early Access titles for some reason... it's also decently priced and after finding out Shadowgate was going to be $20 I decided to wait on a sale for that one... They say they are going to increase the price as they add features so I'm guessing 14.99 when it's out of EA

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just popped into my mind the other day: would it be useful for ES to show on store pages how much selling cards for that game would approximately net you? Especially with certain cheaper games sometimes the cards can actually take a good chunk out of that price. Newer games have expensive cards.

The suggestion has come up before and I might get around to adding it. I'm going to have to be very careful with the wording here though since the price of trading cards (especially for new games) can fluctuate pretty wildly.

Some people have suggested that I subtract the amount directly from the cost of the game ad add something like "You could get this game for as little as $0.45 after selling all of it's trading cards" but I don't think I'll go that route.

Aaron D.

Fucking shit Crusader Kings 2, locking half your achievements behind $40 of DLC is not cool.

I had like 5 left at one point, then I lost interest in the game and they've kept adding more each holiday, so now I'm at 433/506.

These companies know not what they do to achievement hunters.

CKII has been out for over 2 1/2 years and Paradox is still releasing large-scale DLC packs for the game. My read is that they're simply giving their fan base a complete package with each major DLC expansion they release.

The new Achievements give the core fanbase something fresh to chew on while they enjoy the new content. It has little to do with milking hardcore Achievement Hunters, who I imagine are a minority in any gaming community anyway.

Don't take it the wrong way, but being angry at Paradox because you feel as though you Gotta Catch 'Em All speaks more to your own neurotic nature than any predatory deigns the company may have on their consumer base.

Paradox is simply giving their fans added value by including new Achievements with new DLC.

Turfster

Gamefly deals:
  • Crazy Machines Complete 65% off
  • Crazy Machines 2 Complete 65% off
  • Crazy Machines Golden Gears 65% off
  • Shadow Harvest: Phantom ops 60% off
  • Son of Nor 10% off

Titles not mentioned are NOT Steam keys
(normal crazy machines games, for example)

I would personally recommend the Asus T100. It has the more powerful processor, but I have heard that the acer has a better build quality so whatever you find more important.

Gonna be waiting on the reviews for Borderlands and Civ, hopefully there's no ridiculous embargo to deal with if I want to snag it as the discount.

jshackles

This can't be right.

Unless Take-Two/2K has become charitable in it's old age. I wonder how much 'cheaper' the astronomical price of GTA V is going to be over here if that's the case.

I think what's happening here is Enhanced Steam is comparing the base price of the game to your price with discount.

EDIT: Nope nevermind it's legit. Crazy world we live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom