• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Don't know if it is a good idea to stock up on copies of Stronghold Crusader II. Doesn't seem to be too popular. Also judging by Firefly's recent track record I doubt that it will be any good

Ezalc

It's finally happened GAF. Today on August 8th, 2014. I had bad rats gifted to me, and it wasn't even by somebody from SteamGAF. I have conflicted feelings on this matter.

Faabulous

Ok, so Bully is not sold on my country because it was banned by the government, but I want to take advantage of the deal and buy the game, is there any way I can do this without getting banned by Valve?

Great Civ 5 is on sale! I just wish I can go back 14 hours ago and stop myself paying 50$ for the complete edition.
oh and Skyrim is on sale on GMG too, really fuck myself.

kris.

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kris., not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Terraria -- MB-46242CB46A9DDE8D - Taken by darkchewie

on the off chance that someone doesn't have this already, extra copy from the humble bundle!

Ok, so Bully is not sold on my country because it was banned by the government, but I want to take advantage of the deal and buy the game, is there any way I can do this without getting banned by Valve?

2JfkqK8.jpg

Grief.exe

Have someone gift you the game and send them some money via PayPal.

MUnited83

For you.

I'm not aware of any region locks so you just to get someone that has a store where the game is available and get it for you.

Tizoc

Options include:
1- wait for Amazon.com to have it on sale
2- Trade with a Russian
3- Trade with a GAFfer

derExperte

Borderlands 2 free weekend btw, not sure if it was mentioned.

Has there been mostly positive buzz for Stronghold Crusader 2?

There ain't no buzz, the old Stronghold had many fans but it's been over a decade (ignoring the HD remake). I've read one preview months ago that made it sound solid but unremarkable. Do you want to built castles? Then this could be your best bet this year.

Great Civ 5 is on sale! I just wish I can go back 14 hours ago and stop myself paying 50$ for the complete edition.
oh and Skyrim is on sale on GMG too, really fuck myself.

I wish I could say something to comfort you but both games are on sale like every other week. You done f'd up, son. Badly. :( Live and learn and next time ask us how likely a sale is before you pay full price for a game.

Zemm

Err why are 2K trying to charge £50 (£60 originally) for Civ: Beyound Earth? Are they out of their fucking mind?

Err why are 2K trying to charge £50 (£60 originally) for Civ: Beyound Earth? Are they out of their fucking mind?

I think you're looking at the wrong package. The one you're looking at is a bundle included Civ 3, 4 and 5 as well as Beyond Earth. No idea where the game on it's own is though.

Grief.exe

Borderlands 2 free weekend btw, not sure if it was mentioned.

Sales of Lunesta will take a notable dip this weekend.

Cool, so I can do that without fear? No danger of beign banned? The game not beign sold here, I thought that it would get me in trouble if I had it gifted to me.

Nope. Just never use a VPN to purchase or activate a game. Valve does not appreciate the exploitation of regional pricing changes.

Zemm

I think you're looking at the wrong package. The one you're looking at is a bundle included Civ 3, 4 and 5 as well as Beyond Earth. No idea where the game on it's own is though.

I just found it, I can't believe they're charging £20 for Civ 3,4 and 5 (and a map pack?) in that £50 package.

It's from a Ground Zeroes mission.
One of the sidemissions in MGS Ground Zeroes.
That and MGSV are coming to Steam in case you missed it.
Oh snap! Even better. I thought it was just a trailer. Did you guys play it, did you like it?
Hope Kojima is not console-exclusive.
--
[...]Wait for the Bioshock day, though.
What is that?
--
GMG's 50 Must-Play-Games has HL2 Episode 1&2. I have base HL2 and need the 2 Episodes but 4,74€? Eh, I'll have to pass that deal as I have everything else.
--
Also, Greenmangaming has updated its 30 Must-Play-Indie games with the final 10-1 games. Go here and be disappointed with the prices
http://www.greenmangaming.com/30-must-have-indie-titles/

Edit: Wait, did I beat Turfster with two deal-posts in the same day? Holy.. Turfster are you okay? Are you okay Turfster?

I wish I could say something to comfort you but both games are on sale like every other week. You done f'd up, son. Badly. :( Next time ask us how likely a sale is before you pay full price for a game.

I'm new to steam, I actually made my account yesterday and bought over 100$ worth of games, I'm not really mad but from now on I won't buy any game on steam unless it's on sale.

I learned a good lesson today.

derExperte

Hooray! Managed to get Freedom Cry for 1 key :)
Here's the trader if anyone is interested. I think he still has 2 left:
http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/22123565

Ffs, still one day market ban left.

I'm new to steam, I actually made my account yesterday and bought over 100$ worth of games, I'm not really mad but from now on I won't buy any game on steam unless it's on sale.

I learned a good lesson today.

Well if it's a new game buy away, just stay clear of older ones for full price. And if you get into Civ5 you'll probably get enough play time out of it to make the 50 bucks not sting so much.

Caerith

I just found it, I can't believe they're charging £20 for Civ 3,4 and 5 (and a map pack?) in that £50 package.

The map pack is for any pre-orders, not just the bundle. Still, kinda crappy for them to include Civ V vanilla when there's currently no "upgrade to complete edition" option.

Ezalc

Did you take a time machine from the past?

Curse my different date settings confusing me! I'm too lazy to edit that now though.

He's gonna take you back to the past, to play some shitty game that sucks ass.

I got Ratted today. On the one hand, feels bad man. On the other hand, I guess I'm officially a steamgaffer now.

If I got it from somebody not from SteamGAF, does this still not make me officially a steamgaffer? :(

It's a weird bundle for sure. I imagine it looks like a better deal outside of the current sale. If they included expansions, that would also be nice. But I don't see many people taking this bundle option.

MattyG

Banned
Woot woot, just bought Spec Ops for $5.99. Finally get to see what all the fuss is about
even though I already played the first ~3 hours and know the plot twist.

Oh and is %75 the lowest BL2 is going to go? I'm thinking about grabbing the GOTY edition. I've played a ton of it on PS3 and Vita, but always solo. I'd like to coop with some of you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom