• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't the dev be worried? Ain't the bulk of profits made in the first month of release? 10k sales in 10 days is not bad but probably has the to suffice several people + family members, dev costs etc. Wish them the best as the game looks nice.
--
Tell that to Umihara Kawase, it got a free price drop because no one's buying it on 3DS.
I watched some gameplay for the DS and PS1 version. Looks mad fun, love the 90s japanese artstyle with ultra-cute design and deadly-catchy tunes. With Japanese companies turning their heads to Steam lately maybe there is a chance? While we're at cute things...
--
Yeah it's a great game and it's really cheap. The fog and ambient music is only in this one world (out of 5), the rest have clear weather and happier music.
For example: http://a.pomf.se/xwknvd.webm
---too cute---must resist becoming happy---infection with smile imminent---
I really like the title
Kojima.gif
Wow, were is that from? Love Kojima.
--
A bit OT. There should be an option when replying to a quote with an image where you mark a section of the quote, click a button and the codes get deleted.
(I left the Kojima gif willingly)

Turfster

Daily Eldritch 80% off
"Weekend" 2K Weekend - Civilization V 75% off
Humble Daily The Fall 50% off

(It's only wednesday, right? dat weekend creep)

Bioshock triple pack 83% off
XCOM EU + The Bureau 83% off
These seem like mistakes for an "up to 80% off" weekend, but maybe they'll gouge you for DLC this way ;)

Dr Dogg

I think what's happening here is Enhanced Steam is comparing the base price of the game to your price with discount.

Well I'm more shocked that both Beyond Earth and Borderlans 1.5 have a base 25% discount in the UK. Even more so that the Loyalty discount stacks as well on Blands. BE is about the same price here as in NA but is about 20% more expensive in Europe despite all regions still being able to trade with one another and even more so with the UK having the possibly cheapest non region locked version of the Pre Sequel. I think that's the case anyhow?

Ozium

no daily?

come on maaaaan

edit: I just saw Turfster's post but before that I went to the store and it's not there dammit gaben u made me look the fool

edit 2: borderlands 2 goty 142% off, $-16.81... why can't we get price errors that actually work?

^ there was a MGS Steam announcement last week... wait, is that a wordplay? Steam - Solid???

Is Final Hours of Portal 2 any good? The TitanFall seemed interesting enough to read on the bus or something

madjoki

BL2 is showing as -142% off. I thought I might get it for free, but it won't let me add it to my cart :/

Even if you can get it to cart it won't let you checkout if there's product with negative price.
I actually managed to get once, added random products to make price positive and was denied :(

MattyG

Banned
I Bioshock 1 worth a buy on PC? I played it all the way through on PS3 and halfway through on 360, but I've heard the PC version is far superior.

Turfster

Facts about me:

- I used to be an Adobe AIR developer (Desktop Apps) before moving on to Javascript Stuff
I am so sorry. ;)

But yeah, it's not really good 'reading'... and since it's not on a tablet like the others, you can't really take it with you either.
It's weird.

I Bioshock 1 worth a buy on PC? I played it all the way through on PS3 and halfway through on 360, but I've heard the PC version is far superior.

It is. Depending on your videocard, it can be kinda wonky and crashy in non-DX9 mode, tho.
Wait for the Bioshock day, though.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Pakkidis, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
RIPD The Game -- MB-31A14C7D07CFD035 - Taken by PriitV. 12 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Voyager (Desura) -- MB-4E9CDDC36E2868EE
Deadlight -- MB-8FABD9DE233C211C - Taken by BorntoPlay. 5 entrants total.
Racer 8 -- MB-4571A9B1778D3E24 - Taken by Hugstable. 3 entrants total.
US and THEM -- MB-8E129AE85D972BBE - Taken by Milamber. 2 entrants total.
Trufle Saga -- MB-B8ACC049E653A4F7
ulgzbKC.png
Prroadaria Uprgrade (desura) -- MB-A29929F6E46EFD1A

t1408558295z1.png

MattyG

Banned
I am so sorry. ;)

But yeah, it's not really good 'reading'... and since it's not on a tablet like the others, you can't really take it with you either.
It's weird.

It is. Depending on your videocard, it can be kinda wonky and crashy in non-DX9 mode, tho.
Wait for the Bioshock day, though.
Oh good call. I forgot that they do individual days for franchises in sales like this.

And I have a GTX760. Think it'd be wonky?

Dr Dogg

Ooooh a 2K Weekend I wonder what I haven't g...

Oh? Well never mind then.

I wonder how many peeps don't have most of that stuff by now after the couple of bundles and constant deals over the past couple of years.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
It probably flew under everyone's radar but Cities: Skylines looks very interesting. It's from the developers of Cities in Motion and it's a city builder in the vain of Sim City

Trailer is pretty funny because they advertise offline play as a feature clearly poking EA for the SimCity fiasco

abracadaver

Good luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sniper Elite 3 -- MB-C2C31117880A76EA - Taken by Lain. 77 entrants total.

t1408565795z1.png

Turfster

I think this is a JaceC type question, but does anyone know if someone can buy a region restricted game and gift it to someone outside of the region?

I just found out about the Tomb Raider Japanese Language pack:

And I'm curious to see if I can get my hands on it.

It's possible.
It was done the last time it was on sale.

Arthea

steam basically stopped working for me: store doesn't load, market too, community barely, only library works, it was very slow before, so I've seen that coming, still not a fan of such "performance".

That BL2 GOTY. $9.99 in US, €11.24 in EU.

Hey 2K you got the currencies the wrong way, euros are the more valuable one.

don't even try, 2K hates Europeans with passion.

derExperte

MattyG

Banned
Ohhhh, might grab Spec Ops the line. Only got 3-4 hours in on PS3. I think 80% off is probably the best we'll get on that one, no?

Also, Eldritch, yay or nay? I usually don't play that type of game, but it looks interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom