• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

What is that?
--
GMG's 50 Must-Play-Games has HL2 Episode 1&2. I have base HL2 and need the 2 Episodes but 4,74€? Eh, I'll have to pass that deal as I have everything else.
--
Also, Greenmangaming has updated its 30 Must-Play-Indie games with the final 10-1 games. Go here and be disappointed with the prices
http://www.greenmangaming.com/30-must-have-indie-titles/

Edit: Wait, did I beat Turfster with two deal-posts in the same day? Holy.. Turfster are you okay? Are you okay Turfster?

In order:
A) publisher weekends are usually themed, with a big tentpole franchise each day.
Today is Civilization day, and we can probably expect a Bioshock, Borderlands and XCOM day later on.
B) The HL2 episodes were technically included in my TOP 11 update earlier
B) The GMG indie top 10 was updated days ago and I mentioned it. Remember me griping about Velvet Ass? ;)

Going back to work now!

Phinor

That Beyond Earth UK pricing is weird. It says £39.99 but discounted to £29.99, without any discount %. Pretty sure it's a mistake and it should just be £39.99, like it seems to be in every other digital store (for example Gamersgate) using £ as currency.

I'd say buy it while you can, that's cheap compared to other regions. I remember they (2k) had a similar thing with some other game in the past so maybe the weird discount lasts until release, who knows. Ah well, at least it's 49.99€ in my region so I'll have to find another source for that game, too.

The_Monk

Just arrived home and saw the price mistake mentioned regarding Stronghold Crusader 2 on the last page, that's two recent price mistakes in such short time, correct?

Also, Civilization Beyond Earth is looking better and better, I saw that gameplay video where they had some people behind the person who was playing doing silly things with a horse head and other stuff.

I'm new to steam, I actually made my account yesterday and bought over 100$ worth of games, I'm not really mad but from now on I won't buy any game on steam unless it's on sale.
I learned a good lesson today.
You know, I got over 100 games for 100 bucks. Really sorry you overpayed :( but know we are here so you don't make the same mistake again :)
--
Crytek's MOBA first gameplay trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAmenVEgGNQ
Wait, that's what they meant when they said to polish their image by producing quality games? Man, Crytek's gonna fall very shortly when they don't get to their senses soon.
--
gafjki6i.jpg

Also, when viewing the Who's Posted? list, you can click the figure opposite a username to see a list of their posts.
New day, new stuff learned from JaseC :)

Tellaerin

I'm new to steam, I actually made my account yesterday and bought over 100$ worth of games, I'm not really mad but from now on I won't buy any game on steam unless it's on sale.

Welcome, brother. : )

Between Steam sales and bundles, that $100 could've netted you several hundred dollars worth of games. : / Don't worry, though - folks here will steer you right.

The_Monk

We missed the 1 yen Freedom Cry one by being EU people and sleeping ;)

Ouch...! Now that seems like a great deal, shame we missed indeed. That's not even 0.01€ I believe, how did that happen? As someone who finished the console version of Black Flag not too long ago that would have been a very welcome standalone.

Thanks for letting me know either way my good man Turfster! :)

I was not even sleeping, probably catching a train, ugh!

Sendou

That's the harshest lesson you will learn related to Steam :/ It gets better from here.

Welcome

Turfster

Ouch...! Now that seems like a great deal, shame we missed indeed. That's not even 0.01€ I believe, how did that happen? As someone who finished the console version of Black Flag not too long ago that would have been a very welcome standalone.
I was not even sleeping, probably catching a train, ugh!
The yen was introduced, and someone at Ubi made an important typo ;)
There are apparently still some copies available from traders, but they're starting to up their prices to 2 keys, the greedy capitalist pigs!

Yeah, I was driving someone to the airport and when I came back, it was all over

Sendou

Managed to get a copy of the new Guacamelee: STCE from Twitter. I'm quite satisfied with myself. That's a game I'll play.

Follow this and this account if you want to do the same. They still apparently have keys to give away.

Tellaerin

A question for you good people:

I've got around $10 in card money atm.

I enjoyed Borderlands. (Don't judge me! :p) Played through the GOTY solo and had a good time. (Except for the Colosseum. Kinda bailed on that. >_<)

If I'd mainly be soloing, would it be worth it for me to pick up Borderlands 2 GOTY while it's on sale, or should I hold onto my Idle Mastered hard-earned gabens and put them toward something else?

I enjoyed Borderlands. (Don't judge me! :p) Played through the GOTY solo and had a good time. (Except for the Colosseum. Kinda bailed on that. >_<)

If I'd mainly be soloing, would it be worth it for me to pick up Borderlands 2 GOTY while it's on sale, or should I hold onto my Idle Mastered hard-earned gabens and put them toward something else?

I started playing it a couple days ago and its great, go for it.

Vuze

If it is not region locked, your Pounds and Euros are better spent on the Mighty Russia Bear

Poor dancing bears ;-;

Funny to see so many price glitches lately. Still waiting for something like FC4 to glitch. You never know :>

Vazduh

You can buy BL2 vanilla, you're not missing much with DLC content.

There is a Borderlands 2 GOTY free wekkend, isn't it, so you may try it out.

It's definitely a better game than the first Borderlands.

I saw that someone from capybara was in the Steam thread a day or so ago -- he mentioned something about a contest for two STFU keys and said one was claimed by whoever had successfully guessed the 3 new chars.

Did he ever say if he chose the "dumbest" one?

Mokoi

Banned

Don't listen to Turf he doesn't like anything.
I say go ahead and buy it. I played the game solo, and was amazed at how good of a boring time simulation this game was.

You know, I got over 100 games for 100 bucks. Really sorry you overpayed :( but know we are here so you don't make the same mistake again :)

Hahaha, I will definitely check this thread before I go on a buying spree.

And for those full priced games I bought, I know I will get my money worth out of them regardless how much I paid, so I'm not angry or anything.

dot

I saw that someone from capybara was in the Steam thread a day or so ago -- he mentioned something about a contest for two STFU keys and said one was claimed by whoever had successfully guessed the 3 new chars.

Did he ever say if he chose the "dumbest" one?

No and i hope he picks mine.

Mono

I played a little bit of it solo and it was really hard! But I am absolutely terrible at FPS games and never play them, so my difficulty rating is probably skewed. BL2 is really fun from what I've played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom