• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Honestly, someone should make a robot to auto-buy price glitches and make a profit reselling them.

It doesn't seem like it'd be too hard technically; every 45 seconds, load the specials page. Automatically buy anything 91% or higher off, automatically buy anything pre-release >50% off, and email the operator for any non-normal discount percentage over 50% (say, 79% off) in case it's a price error. Pre-fund the account for $50 or so. Resell at a 10% premium over cost. Worst case scenario you're out $50. Best case scenario, you've got yourself a cottage industry.

Note: This is technically against Steam TOS because it involves automating purchasing *snooze*

Divius

bmDQEoj.png

thx idlemaster :)

Now if only it had an option to identify the current card price and put it on the market for you automatically.

Dr Dogg

That Beyond Earth UK pricing is weird. It says £39.99 but discounted to £29.99, without any discount %. Pretty sure it's a mistake and it should just be £39.99, like it seems to be in every other digital store (for example Gamersgate) using £ as currency.

I'd say buy it while you can, that's cheap compared to other regions. I remember they (2k) had a similar thing with some other game in the past so maybe the weird discount lasts until release, who knows. Ah well, at least it's 49.99€ in my region so I'll have to find another source for that game, too.

And still I'm good thanks to the fall of the retail sector.

I do love a good old Amazon Pre Order Price Guarantee rush.

Probably never, I must say pushing out more DLCs after the release of GOTY edition is shameless.

I'm not too fussed about the cosmetic stuff they have been releasing but the Level Cap Upgrade, the Psycho character as well as the Headhunter packs not being part of the Season Pass and some of them not even in the GOTY version isn't exactly the best way to go about your DLC plans.

FloatOn

A question for you good people:

I've got around $10 in card money atm.

I enjoyed Borderlands. (Don't judge me! :p) Played through the GOTY solo and had a good time. (Except for the Colosseum. Kinda bailed on that. >_<)

If I'd mainly be soloing, would it be worth it for me to pick up Borderlands 2 GOTY while it's on sale, or should I hold onto my Idle Mastered hard-earned gabens and put them toward something else?

This is how I managed a whopping 80 something hours on borderlands 2:

drinking heavily and playing with friends over and over while tuning out every spoken word in the game. Tiny Tina's dialogue is nails to chalkboard for me.

it takes the ridiculous "humor" of the first one to a whole other level.

also of note: it all but killed my interest in fps games.

Blizzard

Banned
I recently got to Tiny Tina when I was last playing Borderlands 2, and I was like, this character is kind of crazy and I could see how she could get annoying, and people probably hate her.

But then after I played her tea party mission I liked the character more. It's messed up like lots of things in Borderlands 2, but at least there was some sort of backstory to it.

Dr Dogg

Really need to remember to pre-order stuff on Amazon really early just in case. I always forget...

Well it's £26.99 there now and they have jumped on the shitty preorder DLC bandwagon with it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JQ04O5M/

Civilization: Beyond Earth with Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order Civilization: Beyond Earth on PC at Amazon.co.uk before the release date of 24 October 2014 and you'll receive a code for access to the Exoplanets Map Pack. Your code will be included in your game box received when dispatched.

Shadow of Mordor is only £25, even with shipping to Germany a good deal.

What I find bizarre is sometime when I order stuff from .fr or even .de it doesn't come from that country specifically. Chirst I've even ordered stuff from .uk and it's come from a French warehouse. I wish they would extend Prime to cover inter EU postage costs seeing as there is no customs or duty to worry about and they get enough of my money each year.

Aaron D.

I say go ahead and buy it. I played the game solo, and was amazed at how good of a boring time simulation this game was.

+1

Borderlands 2 is a bazillion times better than OG Borderlands.

I actually enjoyed playing both solo WAY more than multi. When playing online, everyone just rushes to the objective marker, quick-kills the boss, and nabs the best loot before rushing off to do it all over again. They don't care about the story or setting. They don't read or listen to the great & funny writing. They don't take 5 seconds to compare loadouts with new gear.

It's just RUN! RUN! RUN! like an ADHD kid hopped up on Mountain Dew & Sugar Smacks. What a boring way to play. You miss the whole game.

Borderlands (esp. 2) is a wonderfully vibrant and unique universe in both concept and execution. I'm a stop & smell the roses gamer anyway, so I play solo so I can go at my own pace and soak in the sights.

KarmaCow

Decided to play a little Eldritch instead of just idling it and it seems pretty neat. Despite the low-fi artstyle, it does have an unsettling atmosphere. Not scary, just an general uneasiness as you descend deeper into a dungeon. It's mostly because of the background sounds and music but it does have moments like going down a floor and just seeing dead enemies everywhere.

I don't know how much more I'll play, it seems too simple for my tastes. I guess it's going for that rogue-like style of gameplay but other than layouts, there doesn't seem to be enough variety in terms of abilities/options while the mechanics of moving around and combat don't seem to have much depth. One of things you find in the game is a log of your fastest times so perhaps I'm just playing it too slowly. It might be like Super House of the Dead Ninjas where the game shines just blitzing through the game.

Turfster

One of things you find in the game is a log of your fastest times so perhaps I'm just playing it too slowly. It might be like Super House of the Dead Ninjas where the game shines just blitzing through the game.
There's a 10 minute completion achievement.

But yeah, I like Eldritch and what it's trying to do, but the maps are just too... weird and confusing for me.

The cards are pretty sweet, tho.

Deitus

A question for you good people:

I've got around $10 in card money atm.

I enjoyed Borderlands. (Don't judge me! :p) Played through the GOTY solo and had a good time. (Except for the Colosseum. Kinda bailed on that. >_<)

If I'd mainly be soloing, would it be worth it for me to pick up Borderlands 2 GOTY while it's on sale, or should I hold onto my Idle Mastered hard-earned gabens and put them toward something else?

I would say go for it if you enjoyed BL1. BL2 is a better game across the board. Of course I played BL2 in co-op 95% of the time (but I solo'd all of BL1), but I still think if you are up for more Borderlands, BL2 will serve you well.

I'd say the 4 major DLC pieces (the ones that came in the season pass) are worth playing. None are as substantial as the General Knox DLC from the first game, but all together, I felt they were worth my purchase of the season pass, and are certainly worth whatever the price difference between the vanilla game and the GOTY is. Also, the two DLC characters are great, and both have interesting playstyles.

Most of the rest of the DLC is cosmetic customization options and one-off quests (and there is a lot of both). None of that is worth paying for, but if you get the GOTY, I guess you get all of that anyway.

I actually enjoyed playing both solo WAY more than multi. When playing online, everyone just rushes to the objective marker, quick-kills the boss, and nabs the best loot before rushing off to do it all over again. They don't care about the story or setting. They don't read or listen to the great & funny writing. They don't take 5 seconds to compare loadouts with new gear.

It's just RUN! RUN! RUN! like an ADHD kid hopped up on Mountain Dew & Sugar Smacks. What a boring way to play. You miss the whole game.

Borderlands (esp. 2) is a wonderfully vibrant and unique universe in both concept and execution. I'm a stop & smell the roses gamer anyway, so I play solo so I can go at my own pace and soak in the sights.

Playing online with strangers is the absolute worst in those types of games. I tried it once or twice, but never again.

I played with friends who were just as interested in exploring and messing with character builds as I was. But if I didn't have any such friends to play with, I would have just played solo (though I probably wouldn't have spent quite as much time with the game as I did if I was playing purely solo).

Honestly, someone should make a robot to auto-buy price glitches and make a profit reselling them.

It doesn't seem like it'd be too hard technically; every 45 seconds, load the specials page. Automatically buy anything 91% or higher off, automatically buy anything pre-release >50% off, and email the operator for any non-normal discount percentage over 50% (say, 79% off) in case it's a price error. Pre-fund the account for $50 or so. Resell at a 10% premium over cost. Worst case scenario you're out $50. Best case scenario, you've got yourself a cottage industry.

Note: This is technically against Steam TOS because it involves automating purchasing *snooze*
Honestly, someone should make a robot publish their robot to auto-buy price glitches and make a profit reselling them.
I assume someone already did it, but none published it yet.

derExperte

What I find bizarre is sometime when I order stuff from .fr or even .de it doesn't come from that country specifically. Chirst I've even ordered stuff from .uk and it's come from a French warehouse. I wish they would extend Prime to cover inter EU postage costs seeing as there is no customs or duty to worry about and they get enough of my money each year.

Yep, tracking clearly showed that most of my UK orders were sent from a German location. But Amazon is weird anyway, now they're trying to move some of their warehouses out of Germany to Eastern Europe to save costs. Very shady if you ask me and it might bite them in the butt, a bit too much cost saving going on there recently (see my damaged SSD).

Ibuki

Banned
I just traded for Resident Evil Revelations. I'm so hyped to get off work now. I'm craving some horror. Does this game have co-op?

Last question, I swear:

I had to use gibbed Borderlands 2 save editor to sort out my saves on PC (adding my 4 x360 saves) and ended up opening my pc-based mechro to check her "character save slot" so none of the x360 ones would conflict... now when I play the game, all loot drops (weapons,shields,etc.) and health vials have funky rectangular boxes (black) underneath them for some reason.

Has anyone else had this?
Does anyone know how to fix it?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I just traded for Resident Evil Revelations. I'm so hyped to get off work now. I'm craving some horror. Does this game have co-op?

The story is not co-op, but there is a mode called Raid Mode, which is basically the campaign of the game in co-op, but mixed with elements of Monster Hunter and Mercenaries & Battle Mode from previous RE games.

However, you need to beat the game to unlock all the stages in Raid Mode, you start with 4 stages I believe, there's 21 in total, unlock an additional 4-5 stages every 3 chapters you complete in the main story.

It does.

And have you seen this?

300x.jpg

I just hope that it's truly a last-gen game as, while RER1HD looked decent enough, you could tell they were working with some low-res assets as it came from the 3DS. With the 360 as a base you'd figure that the game would look much better.

Just need them to make the gunplay good. that shit was mushy and had no punch to it.

be careful gaffers

ive done my fair share of trades and this hasn't happened. Do you stick to TF2outpost or use other sites?

The beta patch for USF4 that fixes the netcode seems to be working pretty well.

I played about 10 matches with randoms on ranked and they seemed to be on par with gfwl.

however when you put fight request on you occasionally get lag in arcade/training mode.

JustLynx

Did you get anything recently that could explain this influx of phishers? Try and get something out of them, be like "I'll add them if you give me something".

I think its because of my steamtrades thread, but i had it up for a long time, so no idea

Hugstable

Banned
Pre-order for 2k15 is up. Are there any trade restrictions?

WOAH, 59.99? Really 2K? You've usually charged 30 for the series on PC now they are going for full price :(. Was it this much last year, I ended up getting it for PS4 so I wouldn't know.

Panda Rin

WOAH, 59.99? Really 2K? You've usually charged 30 for the series on PC now they are going for full price :(. Was it this much last year, I ended up getting it for PS4 so I wouldn't know.

the previous versions were stripped down IIRC. Being full price now probably means it's up to par with XONE/PS4 versions.

wow! another one
man this is crazy....

http://i.imgur.com/cSZvHSJ.png

be careful gaffers

Did you get anything recently that could explain this influx of phishers? Try and get something out of them, be like "I'll add them if you give me something".

They're almost always phishing bots, don't waste time saying anything since they obviously never will read it.
I get added by a crazy lot each day, it's really annoying yeah.

It's supposed to be the same version as the PS4/XB1 versions so no wonder they upped the price.

Nabs

It was always 30 because they just didn't give a fuck. We'd get a patch 6+ months after launch sometimes. They are going full price this time because they supposedly put in some effort. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom