• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
It's gonna be shit. It always is...

time to put over 200 hours into association mode then (yes, that is all i play in 2k, but with all of the draft class mods you can get for the game, it makes seem like you're actually playing a few real nba seasons and plus, it's always fun to see who works with who)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
It's a shame Dead Rising 1 and the Episodes arenn't on steam.
Would be nice to it all in one place. Even if I have to put up with GFWL.

Would this port include an option to remove the global time limit? The necessity of the port existing depends on the answer.

Levyne

Banned
Man 360 controller really sucks for fightning games. I tried playing KOF and some of the moves seem impossible without a stick :(

Gotta play with a ps1 controller apparently :p

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but while looking for the Dark Souls 2 PS4 button replacement textures I found one that puts a skimpy outfit on Ornifex (the humanoid bird creature that will give you weapons for boss souls). People are weird.

why

zkylon

zkylewd
yea ever since my left stick line thingies rubbed off i'm slowly trying to come up with an excuse to buy a new controller, prolly one of them logitech ones. just needs to be wired

360 controller is not terrible or anything but yeah that dpad is a thing from hell

yea ever since my left stick line thingies rubbed off i'm slowly trying to come up with an excuse to buy a new controller, prolly one of them logitech ones. just needs to be wired

360 controller is not terrible or anything but yeah that dpad is a thing from hell
Mine is kinda wearing out now, I think I'm just gonna go buy a couple more as replacements. I don't like the PS4 controller, and the XB1 controller purportedly still has issues with some games. I don't mind sticking with the 360 controller though.

I started Risen 3 yesterday and I have to say, it doesn't make a good first impression. Now, it's a Piranha Bytes game so one expects it to be a little janky and lack polish. The tradeoff for that is depth and ambition in the game design. So far though, and admittedly I've only just gone past the prologue, I've noticed the former but none of the latter. The graphics oscillate between pretty decent to quite mediocre. Low quality textures, low poly models, poor animations, flat voice acting of an amateur sounding script... there are quite a few glaring problems that hit you in the face when you start off. On the bright side, it runs really well at max settings (although that's not saying much for a game that doesn't look like it belongs in 2014).

Here's hoping the game finds it's bearings as I play further.

1 day after getting the new bundle and being given Bad Rats, I'm down from 5 games with cards back to 0.

Thank you, idlemaster. Jshackles the mad scientist, as well.

I started off Risen 3 yesterday and I have to say, it doesn't make a good first impression. Now, it's a Piranha Bytes game so one expects it to be a little janky and lack polish. The tradeoff for that is depth and ambition in the game design. So far though, and admittedly I've only just gone past the prologue, I've noticed the former but none of the latter. The graphics oscillate between pretty decent to quite mediocre. Low quality textures, low poly models, poor animations, flat voice acting of an amateur sounding script... there are quite a few glaring problems that hit you in the face when you start off. On the bright side, it runs really well at max settings (although that's not saying much for a game that doesn't look like it belongs in 2014).

Here's hoping the game finds it's bearings as I play further.
I feel like piranha bytes is always on the cusp of their own Divinity:OS moment. If only they just cranked out one really solid game instead of a steady pace of mediocre RPGs.

zkylon

zkylewd
Mine is kinda wearing out now, I think I'm just gonna go buy a couple more as replacements. I don't like the PS4 controller, and the XB1 controller purportedly still has issues with some games. I don't mind sticking with the 360 controller though.
i hear the ps4 controller breaks easily too, and like i'm a dropper so it's gotta be sturdy like my wacom tablet to survive zkylon's brutal way of life.

why not try one of the logitech controllers? i'm leaning more towards those as they're also cheaper

I feel like piranha bytes is always on the cusp of their own Divinity:OS moment. If only they just cranked out one really solid game instead of a steady pace of mediocre RPGs.

Well, they do make some good games. I liked Gothic 1, 2 and Risen. I feel they should be encouraged because there are few studios out there make RPGs like those.

But yea, you raise a good point. Divinity OS has completed spoiled me these past couple of months and it's possible I'm being a little more harsh on Risen 3 because of it.

i hear the ps4 controller breaks easily too, and like i'm a dropper so it's gotta be sturdy like my wacom tablet to survive zkylon's brutal way of life.

why not try one of the logitech controllers? i'm leaning more towards those as they're also cheaper
How cheap is cheap? I got my 360 controller for 30 bucks. And I dunno, I might see if I can get my hands on one to see if I like the feel of it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for PolarBearsClub:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PolarBearsClub, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bastion -- MB-0EB060C49FA1B78E - Taken by KingDirk. 4 entrants total.
Trine 2 -- MB-3FF52230224327F8 - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
FTL -- MB-BD86ADA0CE3A0AC3 - Taken by VikasNarula. 3 entrants total.

t1408593456z1.png

I won a Bioshock triple pack so I'm gonna give back what I can!

Khronico

Well, they do make some good games. I liked Gothic 1, 2 and Risen. I feel they should be encouraged because there are few studios out there make RPGs like those.

But yea, you raise a good point. Divinity OS has completed spoiled me these past couple of months and it's possible I'm being a little more harsh on Risen 3 because of it.

Did they fix the combat in Risen 3? That's pretty much the a dealbreaker for me if they didn't, Risen 2 combat was a nightmare on anything but the easiest difficulty because it was so bad.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
1 day after getting the new bundle and being given Bad Rats, I'm down from 5 games with cards back to 0.

Thank you, idlemaster. Jshackles the mad scientist, as well.

Oh man, I've never been called a mad scientist before. Made my day.

zkylon

zkylewd
man this f.lux thing is actually pretty cool

i feel sleepy already

How cheap is cheap? I got my 360 controller for 30 bucks. And I dunno, I might see if I can get my hands on one to see if I like the feel of it.
well at least in argieland a f310 is about 20% cheaper than a 360 for win controller and half the price of a ps4 controller

rough prices at least here are like 40 bucsk for a f310 and 90 for a ps4 controller. 360 is like 50

Tecl0n

man this f.lux thing is actually pretty cool

i feel sleepy already

well at least in argieland a f310 is about 20% cheaper than a 360 for win controller and half the price of a ps4 controller

rough prices at least here are like 40 bucsk for a f310 and 90 for a ps4 controller

it's expensive as fuck, but once you go ds4, there is no going back.

Did they fix the combat in Risen 3? That's pretty much the a dealbreaker for me if they didn't, Risen 2 combat was a nightmare on anything but the easiest difficulty because it was so bad.

I don't think it's 'fixed' in the way you want it to be. The combat is brutally hard when you start the game. As you level up and gain skills, it becomes easier and easier. This is a staple with the Risen series and it hasn't changed here.

This brings me to another issue I have with the game. You have a party member along with you who helps you out in combat. Problem is, the fucker keeps killstealing from me. This matters because you only get half XP if your companion lands the killing blow. And the combat being the way it is, you'll frequently find yourself knocked down or the enemies will magically dodge your attacks from behind or something. You could tell the guy to stay away but then you'd make the combat even more unfair on yourself (like inviting permastuns if you engage two enemies at once).

I've yet to find a controller that I like everything about. Like the stick buttons on the DS4 are a pain in the ass to click down on. 360 dpad sucks, DS3 has shitty triggers, etc.

Just gotta compromise with the one that feels best in spite of it's problems.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Jawmuncher

eh i don't have a ps4 and won't for a long while since it's at 800usd

i never felt good about having to use programs to get like ps3 controllers working on my pc or whatever

dunno why

PS4 is nice and easy if wired since I'm in the same boat after going through hell to use a PS3 controller back in the day.

-----

Actually I think I lied I can't find the video.
Blame Iosefe he said there was one!

Mono

Oooh, KOFXIII knows when you're awful at fighting games and will make things easier when you keep having to use continues, I guess? Pretty cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom