• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

From Giant Bomb's upcoming schedule:

It will be a premium (subscription-required) video.

So you're telling me it was a
True_lies_poster.jpg

Without the S of course.

Ozium

MGR goes on my okay list. Its good and people should play it. But I sure wasn't head over heels for it.

u wot m8?

Light > Dark, 50ppp > 100ppp.

R2v3c6H.gif

He's right about 50 ppp though.

ElCPi.gif

you champions of 50pp need to get better internet bandwidth, I tell you hwat..

Oh shit, I just noticed that MRORANGE deleted me from his friend list. Not cool bro, I liked you before you were famous.

scandalous

Any important news or releases today?

I bought Eldritch on the daily deal and bought Ziggurat with a 66% coupon provided by a nice GAFffer... Today was a good day!

When did GMG started restricting the vouchers use with GMG credit? I was gonna save 0.99c on Skyrim. -_-

Don't worry game is too scary for me and I beat PT.

I had my quota of horror things when I was younger, nowadays I just avoid it. xD

I bought Eldritch on the daily deal and bought Ziggurat with a 66% coupon provided by a nice GAFffer... Today was a good day!

Oh I remember reading that Eldritch gotta cards today right? I may stop being lazy and actually playing it.

Jawmuncher

u wot m8?

Its a good game but I guess I just expected better. Wasn't a fan of parrying even after I learned it. Though the main reason was the story. I don't mind over the top but it just felt lazy to me aside from a few parts. That and the boss characters needed way more development if they weren't named Sam.

Ozium

Its a good game but I guess I just expected better. Wasn't a fan of parrying even after I learned it. Though the main reason was the story. I don't mind over the top but it just felt lazy to me aside from a few parts. That and the boss characters needed way more development if they weren't named Sam.

the story is legit better than MGS4 tho

Momentary

Banned

I feel if Platinum was given reigns over the game from the get go, things would have been way more fleshed out.

Jawmuncher

I feel if Platinum was given reigns over the game from the get go, things would have been way more fleshed out.

I can agree to that. It was good but I could definitely tell they were told to work fast and didn't have much room for wiggling after saving the project.

Jesus titty fucking Christ on a bicycle, when is Valve going to make the Steam Android app not suck? I would like to hold out hope that they're waiting until they get streaming support locked down before dropping a butt kicking update which dreams are made of, but holy shit my patience dwindles on a daily basis.

scandalous

I'm about to go full Zoe-Quinn's-ex-boyfriend on this sitch bro

zkylon

zkylewd
same

imo the bad things just pile up and make the game just not a very enjoyable experience

like ugly maps and annoying enemy types and the whole game being built around parrying just don't level with me :/

Jawmuncher

what's wrong,it was good to me.

MGS almost killed my love for MGS.
The ending was the main offender. That copout at the graveyard and who shows up was beyond ridiculous. Aside from that the B&B unit was trash. Thanks drebin for the stories too bad I couldn't have perhaps learned about those characters rather than just dump all the info on me. Takes away the impact no matter how sad it was .

Didn't mind the other stuff but those 2 things alone caused me huge problems in liking it.

same

imo the bad things just pile up and make the game just not a very enjoyable experience

like ugly maps and annoying enemy types and the whole game being built around parrying just don't level with me :/

I wouldn't go that far I liked it for what it was. Especially knowing it was a rushed job by platinum to salvage the project. So things could have been way worse. But I understand why that issue is present for others such as yourself.

Nah, they needed to devote even more time to Samuel. His presence was just begging for further exploration, and I dearly hope he's in future Rising games.

That DLC was not enough...

Jawmuncher

Nah, they needed to devote even more time to Samuel. His presence was just begging for further exploration, and I dearly hope he's in future Rising games.

That DLC was not enough...

Sam was definitely the highlight of the crew. Ill agree with you. If he was expanded upon even more the lack for the other characters I would have been fine with.

zkylon

zkylewd
I wouldn't go that far I liked it for what it was. Especially knowing it was a rushed job by platinum to salvage the project. So things could have been way worse. But I understand why that issue is present for others such as yourself.
yea i didn't really like the game but it was pretty ok when it worked

just too many annoyances for my taste

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Valve only update their mobile app when they remember it exists, even iOS version only gets one once in a while.

I only need the mobile app to be able to do trades and don't be so ugly (android), that's it, please jshackles from Valve fix it.

Just so there's no confusion to people lurking: buy Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. It is an amazing game, and it's unlikely to be matched by any potential sequels because Platinum won't be developing them.

It is a project that transcended trainwreck status, and became something far greater than one could possibly imagine.

*Follows Cheddahz idea*
5yDZv.gif

Someone actually took that campy Super Saiyan 5 concept into a real anime, eh? Bizarre.

Hugstable

Banned
hopefully the online won't be shit (cause it has been shit for like ever)

Well considering they are finally trying to charge us 30$ this year, I would really hope they give us better online this time so we can finally play. Ended up getting the PS4 version last year since I didn't have anyone local to play with anymore which is pretty much all I played on the PC versions of 2k11 and 2k12. I'm just hoping for once the PC version doesn't get skimped on features and functionality since they are charging full price, and seeing as there are people here that like to play, would be fun to set up a little mini Steam GAF tourney to see who's the best baller.

Just so there's no confusion to people lurking: buy Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. It is an amazing game, and it's unlikely to be matched by any potential sequels, since Platinum won't be developing them.

Someone actually took that campy Super Saiyan 5 concept into a real anime, eh? Bizarre.

This part of Jojo (the show) was already finished before Goku even got to Namek.

Panzon

Yes! Been waiting for Spec Ops: the line to go on sale. Pretty good weekend deals all around. The Bioshock trilogy pack is also very tempting. Should I pick this up as well guys?

what are you talking about? Last I heard Kojima said if there were a sequel he would like Platinum to work on it...

I'd swear I read somewhere that Platinum didn't want to make a MGR2, but I must be misremembering 'cuz I can't find it.

False alarm! Metal Gear Rising 2 is saved, hooray!

Momentary

Banned
I'm in not way saying I don't like the game. I love it. I just know that if Platinum would have been there from the get go on its development the game would have been even better.

Ys games sure love their windy ass maze fuckery of dungeons. Playing Oath now and they have peppered this castle with annoyingly strong enemies, narrow jumping platforms, and the return of lava...inside of a castle.

Still, even with all of that hating I'm about 10 hours in and it's felt like a breeze. Another solid action rpg from the fine folks at falcom. Looking forward to playing Ys Oranges in the future.

Yeah that's what I remember hearing also. I wouldn't mind another Vanquish while they are at it, that game was so much fun also.
I'd love for Platinum to do that and a bunch of other things, but they generally don't seem to have the resources to do it. Hopefully they can get a string of successes together and rack up some money to make more cool stuff that gets on Steam.

Hugstable

Banned
Ys games sure love their windy ass maze fuckery of dungeons. Playing Oath now and they have peppered this castle with annoyingly strong enemies, narrow jumping platforms, and the return of lava...inside of a castle.

Still, even with all of that hating I'm about 10 hours in and it's felt like a breeze. Another solid action rpg from the fine folks at falcom. Looking forward to playing Ys Oranges in the future.

If you hate that.. just wait til you get to the final dungeon >:D. Really love the challenge of some of those last bosses though, but the difficulty is about to ramp up soon. Are you playing on normal?

Jawmuncher

I'd swear I read somewhere that Platinum didn't want to make a MGR2, but I must be misremembering 'cuz I can't find it.

False alarm! Metal Gear Rising 2 is saved, hooray!

They were recently at dinner with kojima for a "discussion" if I recall correctly.

Yes! Been waiting for Spec Ops: the line to go on sale. Pretty good weekend deals all around. The Bioshock trilogy pack is also very tempting. Should I pick this up as well guys?

I dunno what do you want in a FPS?
Though 10 dollars basically for all 3 is a good deal regardless.

If you hate that.. just wait til you get to the final dungeon >:D. Really love the challenge of some of those last bosses though, but the difficulty is about to ramp up soon. Are you playing on normal?
Playing on normal but I have no qualms with choosing the lower difficulty option during boss fights. I just get tired of these mazes after having recently played ys II and that game had a terrible dungeon for its endgame. Just got to the clock tower and the first section was straightforward and enjoyable ::crosses fingers::

zkylon

zkylewd
sure

you might want to also grab minerva's den and the season pass for bio infinite (at least the two under the sea thingies)

they're all really good games, high and low points on all of em but good, interesting games for sure

Oooh, KOFXIII knows when you're awful at fighting games and will make things easier when you keep having to use continues, I guess? Pretty cool!

I had to look up what I was doing wrong to get through the tutorial.

This will not be an encouraging experience for me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
YASSSS! Can't wait til this tomorrow, gonna be like reliving my childhood all over again. I really hope there is all new areas or I might end up being done with this game pretty quickly haha.

From what I've heard, it's more of a "remake" rather than a "remaster". I think "Inspired by the original" pretty much sums it up. I'm so excited, I absolutely loved the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom