• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reuenthal

Banned
One of my friends has been pressuring me to get BL2 to play with him and I finally broke down today and did it. And I had a principled stance for not supporting Gearbox and everything. Blah. I'm weak.

Well at least it's cheap.

ITS A FREE WEEKEND FOR BL2 PLAY IT FIRST THAT WAY AND DECIDE
I will say that the sheer amount of content you get with the GOTY BL2 is well worth the asking price if you like it.

I will try it but I usually I like most games at first (but I play games that are kind of well regarded) even the ones I end up disliking eventually the first few hours tend to be enjoyable.

Jawmuncher

Was trying to play RE Revelations, and I started the game on Infernal since I've already beat the game on 3DS. It adds tons of enemies right at the start of the game, and each one is a bullet sponge. I think I'm supposed to run away and dodge their attacks, but the dodge mechanics if fucking random in this game. When I actually try to use it it never works, but sometimes I dodge attacks without even wanting to. This feels so bad after playing RE6.

Yeah the dodge is all kinds of odd.
I get what they were getting at since you don't want to be able to dodge so easily if you're making the enemies "threatening" but they could have picked a different way. The dodging in RE3 works better and it still doesn't make you some dodge everything goddess with jill.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, are you saying I should just get drunk and skip the ceremony? =P

Yes. Trust me on this.

Pretty late reply but I use this... http://www.chrisgregori.co.uk/playdate/

Thanks for the link. I prefer this to GiantBomb's.

But the way the songs were mixed so the vocals only came in during the climax of any given fight was one of the many things that are amazing about that game.

It's very distracting.

Yeah the dodge is all kinds of odd.
I get what they were getting at since you don't want to be able to dodge so easily if you're making the enemies "threatening" but they could have picked a different way. The dodging in RE3 works better and it still doesn't make you some dodge everything goddess with jill.

I actually watched some videos and read stuff about the dodge mechanic. I thought I had finally got how it works, but nothing. Still seems completely random.

I think I'll probably just play the game on normal. It's just not fun like this.

Jawmuncher

should i buy duke nukem forever?? everyone says is a bad game but at least is one of those "is so bad that is good" type of games??

I thought it was a good shooter. Reminded me of stuff from the PS2 era.

I also liked Aliens Colonial Marines and didn't think it was bad.

I actually watched some videos and read stuff about the dodge mechanic. I thought I had finally got how it works, but nothing. Still seems completely random.

I think I'll probably just play the game on normal. It's just not fun like this.

Yeah you're probably better off that way.

should i buy duke nukem forever?? everyone says is a bad game but at least is one of those "is so bad that is good" type of games??

if you're a big nukem fan, like really big go for it

as for myself, I played and enjoyed Duke Nukem 3-D back in the day and I found DNF to be bad. I honestly wanted to like the game but I really couldn't.

naib

Holy shit y'all. Crypt of the NecroDancer is legit.

Been following it since seeing it in one of Toma's indy threads and bought the early access as soon as I noticed it was available.

Mostly just showing it to friends and coworkers 'cause it's fuckin' brilliant, but hadn't really played it much. Haven't really gotten into a rhythm game since Bust a Groove but love "roguelikes". Why not? But I'm terrible at it, and one of the things I like about turn based games is being able to step away whenever I want. I don't always have time to dial-in to games.

Just discovered the Bard character where I don't have to worry about my gringo rhythm and actually figure out the mechanics, turn based like your typical rougelike. Old man mode.
Now I'm getting it.. wow. Ready to put rhythm back into the mix.

Early access, etc. But it's pretty damn polished already. Someone's putting some love into this game.

TL;DR
Stuck in hotel w/ work laptop and a few beers, gave CotND some time and now I'm ready to dance.

Grief.exe

I am so excited for MGS: GZ and Binding of Isaac Rebirth. Probably two of my most anticipated games and I cannot wait for them to launch.

saunderez

Huh. Might have been posted, but Civilization: Beyond Earth is 43% off on GMG, or £22.50, with voucher "01S6ZC-JVSB28-JRW7X4" (25% discount + 25% voucher). That's quite a large discount on a pre-order. (Of course, the full price is £40 which a bit high - a boxed copy is no more than £27 on Amazon.)

Not for us Aussies. They want $90 which is completely out of the fucking question whilst it's $50 on Steam. I'm thinking the Steam pricing won't last for long so I better buy my copy soon.

KingDirk

I just found out that two of my fiancee's bridesmaids got into a fistfight. What game do I get her to ameliorate this situation? @_@

MattyG

Banned
I have a feeling that 75% off is the best we're getting for Bioshock 1 and 2, unless they do a Bioshock day and it jumps to 80%. 75% is good enough though. I saw someone on Reddit selling 1 and 2 for 1 key each, almost jumped on it but I wasn't at my computer and it was gone by the time I got back.

I'm thinking about grabbing Minerva's Den too. Never got around to it, but I've only heard great things about it.

I just found out that two of my fiancee's bridesmaids got into a fistfight. What game do I get her to ameliorate this situation? @_@
http://store.steampowered.com/app/296770

I have a feeling that 75% off is the best we're getting for Bioshock 1 and 2, unless they do a Bioshock day and it jumps to 80%. 75% is good enough though. I saw someone on Reddit selling 1 and 2 for 1 key each, almost jumped on it but I wasn't at my computer and it was gone by the time I got back.

I'm thinking about grabbing Minerva's Den too. Never got around to it, but I've only heard great things about it.

if you end up getting bioshock 2 you have to get minerva's den

the "story" or lack of one in the main game is really bad. Gameplay's solid though

KingDirk

You guys are making my (non-Kardashian) fiancee laugh and she thanks you for that. Well, except for the World Star suggestion. She's kicking herself for not doing that.

MattyG

Banned
if you end up getting bioshock 2 you have to get minerva's den

the "story" or lack of one in the main game is really bad. Gameplay's solid though
I actually played it on PS3, but I mostly just did it to say that I'd played every Bioshock game. I quite literally rushed through the whole thing on easy, skipping any side objectives and not even paying any attention to the story (which apparently I didn't miss out on much with). But I really want to play it again better visuals and with a new mindset about the game.

You guys are making my (non-Kardashian) fiancee laugh and she thanks you for that. Well, except for the World Star suggestion. She's kicking herself for not doing that.
Let's say that, hypothetically, she is a Kardashian. Which one would she be?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

I am wise beyond my years.

Nidhogg would be a good game. And nice use of the word ameliorate

I'm pretty late, but welcome back. :)

I42FU.gif

I am so excited for MGS: GZ and Binding of Isaac Rebirth. Probably two of my most anticipated games and I cannot wait for them to launch.

I've played a lot of the original BoI. Can't wait to play Rebirth.

KingDirk

I am wise beyond my years.

Nidhogg would be a good game. And nice use of the word ameliorate

Thank you for the recommendation. I have a lot of lovely words I never get to use because I work with kids. Buying the fiancee the Bioshock games on sale so she can play through the stuff she's missed.

EDIT: HOLY MOLY this Nidhogg game looks gorgeous.

Filled in two of my top-ish wants as of late, Divinity and Hotline Miami 2 (Preorder) so now I only got to finish at least Fallout 2 and Transistor and I maybe get to play them this year

dot

Barbie Dreamhouse Party.

Skullgirls.

Secret of the Magic Crystals.

Petz® Dogz® 2.

Jawmuncher

All I know is a Female Assassin for AC5 would getting me legitimately interested in a new game. Also needs a non European historical setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom