• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

What... Have... I... Done!!!
StY26b3.png

Copons

Assassin's Creed in non-Europe and with a female protagonist? Set the game in Oz and the character as Dorothy Gale.

Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first person she meets and then teams up with three strangers to kill again.

As long as they don't set the game in a Return to Oz kind of scenario.

4eff7ec97ead4bc0c8a09f0d9c653b9e.gif

I mean wtf, it scarred my youth possibly even more than the motherfucking It clown.

Zeknurn

yoshizzle

As long as they don't set the game in a Return to Oz kind of scenario.

http://www.thedailytop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/4eff7ec97ead4bc0c8a09f0d9c653b9e.gif[IMG]

I mean wtf, it scarred my youth possibly even more than the motherfucking It clown.[/QUOTE]

That scene gave me the creeps when I was little. Heck, the wheelers spooked me too. It was all worth watching for Jack Pumpkinhead though. GOAT character.

[quote="Dr Dogg, post: 126400877"]What... Have... I... Done!!![/QUOTE]
Nice!

Arthea

Yesterday 2 good things happened, idlemaster finished with me, I finished

Whoever were those two steamgafers that convinced me to play it, thank you, nice people. It's probably most relaxing game on steam and not boring to boot.

Whoever were those two steamgafers that convinced me to play it, thank you, nice people. It's probably most relaxing game on steam and not boring to boot.
And its achievements let you write out stupid things in your achievement showcase so that's just added value right there.

Arthea

Shouldve w8ed for the goty edition dogg :p

I know I will, also will check my resolve on waiting for complete edition not of borderlands but of Beyond Earth, because that will be first time me not buying vanilla Civ. We'll see, how I manage it.

And its achievements let you write out stupid things in your achievement showcase so that's just added value right there.

I know! I tried even posting pics, nobody was laughing but me (._.)

Jawmuncher

I'm not one to question peoples purchasing decisions, but you just messed up.

Hmm, characters look like some generic animu shit. Will buy. Also I could always use another fighting game.

I see the truth

-----
If you end up reviewing the game positively generic animu bullshit needs to get in there somehow still.

Shouldve w8ed for the goty edition dogg :p

My main reason disappointment. Don't care about the people who do or don't like borderlands. But you know there's gonna be a ton of DLC.

Sendou

Somehow I had this image in my mind where Lyne was a exploration game. Looks like that's not the case. I don't mind puzzle games either though. If they aren't over the top hard that is.

Shadownet

Banned

You're welcome.
It wasn't me. But I'm enjoying it as well. Very relaxing.

Arthea

Somehow I had this image in my mind where Lyne was a exploration game. Looks like that's not the case. I don't mind puzzle games either though. If they aren't over the top hard that is.

Strictly speaking it's not even a puzzle game, except maybe last levels and some random dailies. Dailies are awesome idea for such a game, btw.
It just something to do when you are stressed or tired while listening to some contemplative music and pondering things. There are no timers, no strain whatsoever, your goals are simple: to connect everything on screen with one line, and it's addictive too.

Jawmuncher

I thought I had cleaned up my installed games on steam but I guess not. Need to go through it again and get rid if stuff I won't be playing again I guess. I just know I'm going to delete something that ill ended up wanting to play.

Sendou

It makes me happy to see that there's someone willing to fund tactical shooters. Due Process looks very promising and I hope it turns out well.

There's a newer video on their dev blog. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylUlr9StVww

That game will be great. That looks even better than the video I saw earlier. I really like the basic concept behind the game. Looks like it's not too far off. Their website says they're hoping for a Early 2015 Early Access release.

Strictly speaking it's not even a puzzle game, except maybe last levels and some random dailies. Dailies are awesome idea for such a game, btw.
It just something to do when you are stressed or tired while listening to some contemplative music and pondering things. There are no timers, no strain whatsoever, your goals are simple: to connect everything on screen with one line, and it's addictive too.

Sounds good to me. I need to get on that game when I'm in the mood for something like it.

It also has great achievement icons so you can adorn your profile with something like this
GaPDtwm.png

Jawmuncher

I have only 1 completed game with all of the achievements. Though it has to be the hardest title on steam to do so.....

Nah its just Dysfunctional Systems.

Arthea

I was serious, I loved Borderlands and I'm loving Borderlands 2, the trailers for presequel look amazing, I wish I wasn't cheap, but I'll get it eventually too.

I need to play Borderlands one of these days, I somehow managed to avoid all of them until now (><)
Are those coop only games, as in not being fun alone at all? just was curious about your opinion, as you seem to like them.

Sendou

I need to play Borderlands one of these days, I somehow managed to avoid all of them until now (><)
Are those coop only games, as in not being fun alone at all? just was curious about your opinion, as you seem to like them.

I played Borderlands (1) solo and it was about as fun as visiting dentist.

I played Borderlands 1 solo and loved it, I'm playing 2 coop and it's also a ton of fun.

You should ignore the negative comments and give it a try and decide for yourself, I think you'll enjoy it if you like shooters and loot.

Jawmuncher

Playing solo depends on how much you like loot games. For every person that tells you, you have to play coop. There's another who spent a ton of time doing it solo and loving it.

I was serious, I loved Borderlands and I'm loving Borderlands 2, the trailers for presequel look amazing, I wish I wasn't cheap, but I'll get it eventually too.

I see.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I played through the original its DLC* solo. The sequel I played through with a mate, but even co-op couldn't mask the feeling of "This is just more of the same." That said, we agreed to play through 1.75, but for me it's just an excuse to get drunk and order pizza from Domino's half an hour before it shuts.

* I didn't complete the Mad Moxxi DLC in its entirety because I had a high-level character and ain't nobody got time for that.

Arthea

I played Borderlands (1) solo and it was about as fun as visiting dentist.

I immediately remembered my friend that enjoys visiting dentist (><)

I played Borderlands 1 solo and loved it, I'm playing 2 coop and it's also a ton of fun.

You should ignore the negative comments and give it a try and decide for yourself, I think you'll enjoy it if you like shooters and loot.

I plan to, after I finish with Trails, Banished and DOS!
300 hours incoming (><)

Playing solo depends on how much you like loot games. For every person that tells you, you have to play coop. There's another who spent a ton of time doing it solo and loving it.
ya, opinions seem to be divided on this subject. I like loot games, but I'm vary of games that have waves of identical enemies, and a lot of them. If I remember correctly Borderlands falls in this category, that's why I haven't played it yet.

I played through the original its DLC* solo. The sequel I played through with a mate, but even co-op couldn't mask the feeling of "This is just more of the same." That said, we agreed to play through 1.75, but for me it's just an excuse to get drunk and order pizza from Domino's half an hour before it shuts.

* I didn't complete the Mad Moxxi DLC in its entirety because I had a high-level character ain't nobody got time for that.

Oh, now I remember! you played some insane hours of Borderlands, I thought you like it.
bolded is as good reason as any (><)

JaseC

Oh, now I remember! you played some insane hours of Borderlands, I thought you like it.
bolded is as good reason as any (><)

I had fun with the main campaign of the original, but I think forcing myself through the DLC soured myself on the series as a whole for the foreseeable future. Moxxi aside, the DLC campaigns would have been all that bad if they had fast travel points, but alas in many cases you're asked to drive five minutes to get something and then have to drive another five minutes to return it, which gets real old, real fast.

Kiru

Guys. What's the important part you need to keep in mind if you want to copy your steam stuff over to a new PC. Also how does the Steam game backup feature work ? Reliable? No need to download the game again ?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
For the most part, I found Borderlands 2 boring. The most fun I had was when me and a friend were charging each other in vehicles like we were elephant seals competing for a mate.

JaseC

Guys. What's the important part you need to keep in mind if you want to copy your steam stuff over to a new PC. Also how does the Steam game backup feature work ? Reliable? No need to download the game again ?

The steamapps and userdata folders are all you need.

Shadownet

Banned
For the most part, I found Borderlands 2 boring. The most fun I had was when me and a friend were charging each other in vehicles like we were elephant deals competing for a mate.
Yeah I loved borderlands 1. But after playing 2 for a bit. It felt like more like I've been there done that.

That's why I'm most likely going to skip out on the Pre-Sequel. The loots doesn't hook me anymore.

Yeah I loved borderlands 1. But after playing 2 for a bit. It felt like more like I've been there done that.

That's why I'm most likely going to skip out on the Pre-Sequel. The loots doesn't hook me anymore.

but presequel adds the oxygen system, looks like a nice mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom