• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Guys. What's the important part you need to keep in mind if you want to copy your steam stuff over to a new PC. Also how does the Steam game backup feature work ? Reliable? No need to download the game again ?

When I threw all my games on a external I worked well enough. Though you're doing something different. Recall that just putting your games In the new computers steam after it's been validated shouldn't be an issue. You don't need the backup.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2014-08-21_11-10-40.jpg

they're just fucking with us at this point ... aren't they?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks! Never used that built in backup feature ?

Yeah, it's not necessary. Everything Steam needs for games is in the steamapps folder, while the userdata folder contains non-Steam shortcuts, library categories, compressed screenshots and some Steamworks game saves.

JaseC

Any Germans online? I need the German version of The Darkness 2 as it has a Low Violence DLC app. Now that DLC can be selectively disabled, it's no longer an issue. Edit: Sorted.

Vuze

Yesterday 2 good things happened, idlemaster finished with me, I finished

Whoever were those two steamgafers that convinced me to play it, thank you, nice people. It's probably most relaxing game on steam and not boring to boot.

I should really play more of it... it's a great relaxing game indeed.

Is it bad that I bailed on the Silent Hill aliens thread right as I was getting a feeling that people were gonna post creepy alien images?
and that I was right?

Kiru

I recently used it to move a single game to a new hard drive. It creates an archieve of the games which it later extracts again; simply copying would be much faster.

Understood. Thanks for the insight. I'm also copying everything manually now.

JaseC

Oh god. I feel bad now, I have those 2 DLCs. I got my copy from a nice guy on steamgifts who gave me his retail key.

Not so "limited", huh ? lol

I just found a retail key on a reseller site for roughly $7.70. Saved myself a couple of dollars, haha.

Time for the JaseC intervention getting closer.

An intervention implies I have a problem. ;)

You're probably the only person happy about having censored versions of games, eh? :p

Well, the censorship can be controlled now, so it's all good. ;)

Neat Shadowgate shoutout, dude. Backed that bitch on KS the second it launched. Epic remixes of the NES soundtrack, a retro mode that PLAYS the nes soundtrack, new puzzles, changed puzzles, new difficulty settings ranging from "the NES game on easy" to "The Temple of elemental fucking evil"..

Hands down the definitive version. Let's hope it sells well enough for a decent sequel, and a Deja Vu remake, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom