• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

So Gabe didn't say anything about Phil Spencer ice bucket challenge, right? I like how Yoshida donated, Reggie accepted (and will probably do it in the next days), and Gaben just ignored him lol

Gabe will probably respond sometime in the next 8 months to 3 years. You have to remember, he operates on Valve time.

Kyougar

thanks m8.. I dont even know if I will play the real game, I mostly wanted it for this mod lol

many are like that. But it would be easier if you know the basic concepts of the game. ck2agot builds heavily on the maingame. Could be overwhelming for anyone starting this mod without knowledge of the base game.

There are some great Tutorials for the base game and ck2agot on youtube, either as a fullblown tutorial or a informative lets play. (but I have no actual links handy :< )

Sharkiller

i need money for my processor dlc
HVELDUr.png

AHA-Lambda

Does the Metro Redux offer for current Metro owners expire? Or is that 50% off good for the foreseeable future? Not sure if I should just plop down my money now or not.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
The standard version of the game on Steam just to be clear. Either it's a good game entirely on it's own for you and whatever Turbo adds isn't important to you, or it's a way to make the Turbo edition cheaper if you haven't bought any version of Guacamelee yet. Doesn't really matter to me why you grab it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Guacamelee Gold Edition -- MB-E4EA2BF4F8D26C53 - Taken by Killcaustic68. 4 entrants total.

t1408664679z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It is not without irony that I'm running idle-master to grind cards I can sell for pennies while I go through my childhood POG collection

Does the Metro Redux offer for current Metro owners expire? Or is that 50% off good for the foreseeable future? Not sure if I should just plop down my money now or not.

i'd go to the metro redux thread for impressions. Seems that some are unhappy with changes made to the aesthetics in both games.

Anustart

Gonna need another steam sale soon if I wanna keep this gravy train rollin.

Games I've got left to beat from summer sale:

Skyrim
Mass Effect
Guacamelee!

I'm running on E guys!

Gonna need another steam sale soon if I wanna keep this gravy train rollin.

Games I've got left to beat from summer sale:

Skyrim
Mass Effect
Guacamelee!

I'm running on E guys!

you'll either get bored of skyrim within the first 10-15 hours or find yourself playing it for 200. there's no inbetween.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Is this new weekly humble bundle any good? Never heard of any of those games. I might just only get the first tier.

Anustart

you'll either get bored of skyrim within the first 10-15 hours or find yourself playing it for 200. there's no inbetween.

I've got 34 hours logged so far! Took a break to play Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs. Those are now off the backlog! Downloading Mass Effect now.

Looking forward to trying my hand at creating an ugly Shep.

It is not without irony that I'm running idle-master to grind cards I can sell for pennies while I go through my childhood POG collection

Is it wrong that if someone made a POG game for Steam with accurate physics that i would buy the absolute fuck out of it, especially if we played by Playgroud rules (AKA play for keeps). Hell, tie them in with the cards, make it a collectible drop for each game or get a pack as a crafting reward. I'll drop tons of bills on this Gaben. You listening?

Is it wrong that if someone made a POG game for Steam with accurate physics that i would buy the absolute fuck out of it, especially if we played by Playgroud rules (AKA play for keeps). Hell, tie them in with the cards, make it a collectible drop for each game or get a pack as a crafting reward. I'll drop tons of bills on this Gaben. You listening?

Quick, someone see if you can do pogs/tiddly winks on Tabletop Simulator.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
well, if anyone is still thinking about buying Shadowgate - here's the recording of the stream I just finished :p in case you want to see the game in action or something ... dunno

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I can really sympathize with that blog post from Puppy Games that someone posted here earlier. On almost a daily basis I get email from people that are rude, insulting, or have a chip on their shoulder because they think I owe them something. Keep in mind, I offer to provide support for Enhanced Steam (a free, open source plugin) for free.

Here is a good example of an email I received earlier that will most likely be ignored:

damn son that loading bar is p gross just look at that shit son its p nasty fix it tia

Sometimes humanity really gets on my nerves.

Anustart

Price on extra intel cores is pretty damn good. Though they're nickel and diming us on hyper threads, that shit is on-die dlc. Shit needs to stop.

Hugstable

Banned
Oh yeah, definitely revert your Uchi back to normal. Your 37 Dex is literally doing nothing when you use a Lightning weapon. You might as well have the minimum Dex to wield the weapon (14 I believe) as you would do the exact same amount of damage. With a +15 Uchi, you will be doing so much more damage than you are doing now, plus it will be all physical (having an elemental weapon means your attacks are split between physical and elemental damage, so they are effected by both forms of defense on the enemy, meaning you normally do less damage).

Great Scythe is a popular weapon, and it has a bit of range to it, but it has a unique moveset that I don't care for. But then I'm not a fan of larger weapons like that, I tend to prefer mid-range speedy weapons like katanas. Try it out yourself, but if you are used to Uchigatana it might be quite an adjustment.

You also might want to look into the Iaito. It's a Katana with a similar moveset to Uchigatana, basically the same range and speed, with slightly worse base damage, but better Dex scaling (so at 37 Dex it would be a little more powerful). But, the R2 moveset is different from the Uchi's and looks really cool.

Well shit this would've been good to know alooooong time ago haha. I pretty much skimped myself on the damage I could've been dealing this whole game? No wonder O&S was such a pain in the ass! All those poor wasted Titanite Chunks :(. I've been pretty much wining the game for my first playthrough so I haven't been using any guides... sometimes I really think I should have though.

Blah
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ballpoint Universe -- MB-79ED1376D67CC296 - Taken by 2n2. 1 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-54BD8BDDF0FA8B75 - Taken by MillionStabs. 1 entrants total.

t1408656339z1.png

So I can really sympathize with that blog post from Puppy Games that someone posted here earlier. On almost a daily basis I get email from people that are rude, insulting, or have a chip on their shoulder because they think I owe them something. Keep in mind, I offer to provide support for Enhanced Steam (a free, open source plugin) for free.

Here is a good example of an email I received earlier that will most likely be ignored:

That is really shitty. Although I would not have assumed you'd get non-stop praise and donations but rude and ignorant emails for providing a fantastic and free service is incredibly lame

I appreciate your hard work, bro! Thanks so much :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You should totally use that one. When you're plugging ES, find two professional-sounding compliments from reputable sources, then follow up with that one, "sent by e-mail."

Yeah, I should add that to my growing Press Page. ;)

I appreciate your hard work, bro! Thanks so much :)

You guys are awesome and I should say that the majority of people are super positive or at least very nice. I've been doing this long enough that emails like the above don't really bother me (they're almost always ignored) but sometimes I try to understand what would cause someone to think to write an email like that and it makes my brain hurt.

Hugstable

Banned

Don't even listen to them dude, there are Haters for everything these days. Most of us here really appreciate what Enhanced Steam has given us, and for someone like me, I pretty much browse the store on the my Browser now because it just feels weird to use Steam without Enhanced Steam. One of my favorite features is still telling you the total how much everything you got up in the market is gonna net you. Thanks again so much for Enhanced Steam and IdleMaster!

Lain

I was hoping the DLC for Borderlands 2 would go to 75% off too today, instead it's the same as yesterday. Those Headhunter missions will have to wait another sale (though, will I ever even play B2, when i haven't finished the first one yet?).

I was hoping the DLC for Borderlands 2 would go to 75% off too today, instead it's the same as yesterday. Those Headhunter missions will have to wait another sale (though, will I ever even play B2, when i haven't finished the first one yet?).

I would honestly just give up on the first and move on to the second. It's far better.

Tizoc

Well my net is still shit and my ISP hasn' done shit in a week to fix it.
Got my new CC though so it's time for a giveawahahaha...
ahem, time for a giveawAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA...
GiveawHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Gimme a few mins. to get it ready~

I would honestly just give up on the first and move on to the second. It's far better.

Wrong. The first game is far superior.

Borderlands 2 is riddled with memes, fetch quests, kill'em quests, and all around garbage.

I mean, that's the whole franchise, but at least I didn't roll my eyes at the stupidity of every line of dialogue in the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom