• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong. The first game is far superior.

Borderlands 2 is riddled with memes, fetch quests, kill'em quests, and all around garbage.

I mean, that's the whole franchise, but at least I didn't roll my eyes at the stupidity of every line of dialogue in the first game.

The memes are awful but the class builds, enemy types, and general balance in the second make it a more enjoyable game to actually play.

Deitus

Well shit this would've been good to know alooooong time ago haha. I pretty much skimped myself on the damage I could've been dealing this whole game? No wonder O&S was such a pain in the ass! All those poor wasted Titanite Chunks :(. I've been pretty much wining the game for my first playthrough so I haven't been using any guides... sometimes I really think I should have though.

It happens to a lot of people, so I wouldn't feel too bad. Hey, at least you weren't still using a Drake Sword. And the fact that you gimped yourself for so long, means that you probably got really good at the game out of necessity, so there's that.

But yeah, that might account for some of the issues you had up to now (especially since Ornstein is crazy resistant to lightning).

Well my net is still shit and my ISP hasn' done shit in a week to fix it.
Got my new CC though so it's time for a giveawahahaha...
ahem, time for a giveawAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA...
GiveawHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Gimme a few mins. to get it ready~

This make me nervous. Should I be worried about this giveaway?

Levyne

Banned
It's 90% the same game, with a few character specific enemies peppered in.

Steam shows me 30 hours and I've beaten it with all 3 characters (albeit on normal).

was found again in the files:

alpha_controller_d0g.png

its codenamed 'Freeman' btw :p

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
A couple of thoughts about Shadowgate

First, if you've played the game before, don't forget to turn the Tutorial off!

Secondly, well, I died the most stupid of ways already, and what's worse I kinda knew it was going to happen, d'oh.

Candlestick next to the book on the 2nd room, yes, that kills you, just like the original, so I should have remembered that.

First death of many, no doubt. Love the art style, may switch to the NES music for nostalgias sake though.

Volimar

I think this is the first time I'm taking part in a free weekend. Never played any Borderlands, but I'm just curious enough to check it out.

A couple of thoughts about Shadowgate

First, if you've played the game before, don't forget to turn the Tutorial off!

Secondly, well, I died the most stupid of ways already, and what's worse I kinda knew it was going to happen, d'oh.

Candlestick next to the book on the 2nd room, yes, that kills you, just like the original, so I should have remembered that.

First death of many, no doubt. Love the art style, may switch to the NES music for nostalgias sake though.

It's going to be tough waiting for a sale.

Tizoc

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
ONE OF THESE GAMES IS BAD RATS!
THE OTHER GAME
WILL MAKE YOU WISH YOU WON BAD RATS INSTEAD!
maybe...
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game 1 -- MB-1CB16029F8C269F3 - Taken by Coldsun. 22 entrants total.
Mystery Game 2 -- MB-D17BAF6F9F3CE2B4 - Taken by smashdude50. 23 entrants total.

t1408668699z1.png
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Khronico

Oh gosh I got to the end of KOF13's second tutorial and I can't deal with cancelling supers into other supers. My hands weren't meant to contort like this!

bloke

Here...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bloke, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-19A4C5C86FF6AC62
Deadlight -- MB-8B85BFC12E017796 - Taken by danhese007

Tizoc

Oh gosh I got to the end of KOF13's second tutorial and I can't deal with cancelling supers into other supers. My hands weren't meant to contort like this!

Pfft just time or mash in the input in the last second and it comes out. That's baby stuff compared to the move in yellow
lmdnksY.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Yeah, I was like that too when I first got the controller. Gradually switched over to the stick :|

You should get a new controller. I have BCR2 on 360 because Capcpom refuses to release it on PC, and it's just awful with the stick or dpad.

Alien8

I've spent a fairly amount of time putting your GAF usernames as aliases on steam, to keep track who are everyone of you.

I'd had a better time if that time were spent removing the hairs of my head one by one.

Evrain

Pfft just time or mash in the input in the last second and it comes out. That's baby stuff compared to the move in yellow
lmdnksY.gif
Back crouching, then HCB, forward crouching + actions. I think some SSF4 moves are even more brutal than that.
Yet, I think a touch pad would truly shine with all those complicated finger dances

Back crouching, then HCB, forward crouching + actions. I think some SSF4 moves are even more brutal than that.
Yet, I think a touch pad would truly shine with all those complicated finger dances
the closest would be like Guile's super and Ultra, or Decapre's anti-air ultra, but those are just hold down-back, down, down-back, up+action (or be correct and do forward jump). But those moves look way more confusing to do than they actually are.

def sim

Yeah, I'm curious as to how the steam controller's touchpad will perform for fighters. I've read that it works pretty much like a d-pad with haptic motors for tactile feedback, so I imagine it should work well for all sorts of games.

I shudder to think of that on a hitbox...
SNK fighters have some of the most ridiculous inputs -- VF is up there with it too, but I don't like that game to begin with. For the most part, I can't think of a SSF4 move that is worse than that Geese input... :p

--

Mister Saorise Ronan isn't currently answering his IMs, so I came in here to find out -- does anyone know if that DreadOut 33% off coupon has expired? I can't find a single trace of it now...

--

One last reminder -- if you're the SteamGAFer who had the conversation with me about really wanting to play Stick it to the Man, please IM me.

--

And finally, if you're a person who has bought Invisible, Inc., I've made a note here to remove you from my friends list the next time I do spring cleaning. :p

The knowledge required to play every fighting game.

Muscle memory is king.
1 frame links still give me trouble.
I shudder to think of that on a hitbox...
SNK fighters have some of the most ridiculous inputs -- VF is up there with it too, but I don't like that game to begin with. For the most part, I can't think of a SSF4 move that is worse than that Geese input... :p
Be thankful that KOF13 adopted the more lenient inputs like SF4 has. the NeoGeo era KOFs were so hard because the inputs were strict as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom