• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

I don't understand whishlists more than 10 games long. It is pointless to add more games unless you plan to buy them all during sales. If you want a game, you can find it on the store by using the search box anyway.

For me, I buy all my games during sales, so there's quite a few that I've got my eye on for future purchases. It's not a matter of ease of finding it, it's a matter of actually remembering everything.

dot

All full now, but I might set up another competition right after I showed these peasants who their daddy is.

Speedrunners Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dunderhassan

I was too slow to join in but at least i'll enjoy the rekking.

YPbhbvR.gif

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Gotta love plebs that take keys without ever saying thanks. Real cute G A F F E R:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

One Finger Death Punch -- MB-4E8BDEDA429D9953 - Taken by pupo

Two Brothers -- MB-FDF25FEF336084B6 - Taken by Ryne
;p

Grief.exe

The bolded part of the response alludes to their being opposed to achievements in Don't Starve... and yet they still sold out to Sony and included them in the PS4 and Vita versions of the game leaving the PC as the only platform/version of the game without them.

I would imagine Sony asked Klei to include achievements as a certification or PS+ requirement.
I have a hard time seeing the greedy argument as this is a company that went above and beyond with free content updates for Don't Starve, and looks to continue that trend with Invisible Inc.

Don't Starve is still seeing active development to this day, obviously the original design decision that saw achievements as arbitrary still continues. I just don't see this as a huge anti-consumer issue.

I don't understand whishlists more than 10 games long. It is pointless to add more games unless you plan to buy them all during sales. If you want a game, you can find it on the store by using the search box anyway.

There are ...what...3500 games on Steam. I have a hard time thinking there are only 10 you want to buy.

And why would I use the
fucking terrible
search box, when I can find all the games I 'want' by clicking on one button?

Killcaustic68

Neo Member
I would imagine Sony asked Klei to include achievements as a certification or PS+ requirement.
I have a hard time seeing the greedy argument as this is a company that went above and beyond with free content updates for Don't Starve, and looks to continue that trend with Invisible Inc.

Don't Starve is still seeing active development to this day, obviously the original design decision that saw achievements as arbitrary still continues. I just don't see this as a huge anti-consumer issue.

Yeah I'm pretty sure all games released on PS have to have achievements included.

Ozium

No one play Speerunners with Dunder.. he's a proven cheater..

I was ahead of him and it counted him as the winner.. why "it's a known glitch" he says..

:(

louiedog

The answer Klei has shown, as far as I am concerned, when you read believe the lines here, is a resounding "we only care about getting paid."
For them to so stubbornly spurn the requests of fans to patch in achievements, especially when they could disable them by default and require players who want them to turn them on a la "The Stanley Parable", only to cave to the demands/requirements of Sony (twice!) in order to get their game on other platforms and then to continue to maintain that they're opposed to achievements in the game itself is pure bullshit.

Oh, please. If they only cared about getting paid they'd throw in achievements and paid hats and all sorts of bullshit that people eat up. Saying they refuse to add a feature so common that it probably wouldn't take much manpower that you think a huge community of players wants and then saying they don't because they only want money is absurd. It makes absolutely no sense.

Tizoc

Repostihahahaha

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
ONE OF THESE GAMES IS BAD RATS!
THE OTHER GAME
WILL MAKE YOU WISH YOU WON BAD RATS INSTEAD!
maybe...
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game 1 -- MB-1CB16029F8C269F3 - Taken by Coldsun. 22 entrants total.
Mystery Game 2 -- MB-D17BAF6F9F3CE2B4 - Taken by smashdude50. 23 entrants total.

t1408668699z1.png
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So, uh, I think I can officially be diagnosed with OCD.

I already had Dishonored GOTY, but it was the RHCP version. It always bugged me and led to me never playing it.

Jump to today where I'm flush with $60 Steam Wallet credit from selling all of my old TF2 crates, and I buy Dishonored GOTY just so I can have the correct version. So I've essentially paid twice, which pretty much means I've almost paid full-price.

And now I want to play it.

What's wrong with me?

EDIT: Although, as a bonus, I have an extra +1 from the RHCP version, I guess. Now I just have to hide it in my games list.

Vlad

No one play Speerunners with Dunder.. he's a proven cheater..

I was ahead of him and it counted him as the winner.. why "it's a known glitch" he says..

:(

Well, to be fair, as much as I like the game, it is glitchy as hell. I've seen that exact thing happen many, many times. Hell, there's one level where you can run the other direction in a certain spot, and force everybody else to lose.

I just have to keep repeating "early access, early access" to myself.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, uh, I think I can officially be diagnosed with OCD.

I already had Dishonored GOTY, but it was the RHCP version. It always bugged me and led to me never playing it.

I did the exact same thing. I received the pre-order from a friend back in the day, but he didn't realise that it was the Eastern European version. I figured I'd wait until I get the ROW version before playing the game, which ultimately didn't take all that long as I bought a GAFer's spare key, thanks to the GamersGate Bethesda Holiday Bundle stuff-up, for $10.

Congratulations: you're me!

Turfster

Damn, been trying to upload some alpha screenshots of Incognita to show the difference, but I can't trick Steam into recognising them

Hugstable

Banned
NOOOOO! Just found out to get my Uchi in Dark Sould to +15 I need a Titanite Slab and I already spent the one I had before that you get from Stray Demon. I read that they drop off the Darkwraiths, but it's pretty rare. Time to farm T_T. Atleast they give a good amount of souls, my power shot up though once I changed my Lightning Uchi +5 into a Uchi +14. Just need that +15 and I'll be golden to tackle the DLC.

ArjanN

I kinda have to agree with this. And that's coming from someone who's got all achievements in 132 games on Steam.

I disagree with their original reasoning for not have achievements though, as IMO Don't Starve is exactly the type of game that needs achievements, just so you have some actual goals to work towards.outside of just surviving.

Is the RHCP version region free? Also, is the DE version a separate library entry?

RHCP is region free, as far as I can tell. It worked when I booted it up.

The RHCP and the US/ROW version are separate library entries. The RHCP one also has really old news, no screenshot background for the library page, and links to a completely separate community (with quite a few confused English speakers).

They also both show up as "Dishonored" in your library, but the RHCP version is installed in a "Dishonored RHCP" folder, whereas the US/ROW version is installed in a normal "Dishonored" folder.

SPEEDRUNNERS TIME AGAIN, TIME TO FIND NEW VICTIMS!
SAME RULES, FREE RANDOM GAMES TO ALL 3 PLAYERS IF ANY OF YOU WIN A FULL RACE!

1. DunderHassan
2. Nabs
3. Gunstarheroes
4. dot

Deitus

NOOOOO! Just found out to get my Uchi in Dark Sould to +15 I need a Titanite Slab and I already spent the one I had before that you get from Stray Demon. I read that they drop off the Darkwraiths, but it's pretty rare. Time to farm T_T. Atleast they give a good amount of souls, my power shot up though once I changed my Lightning Uchi +5 into a Uchi +14. Just need that +15 and I'll be golden to tackle the DLC.

Well, there are two more Titanite Slabs you can earn without any grinding.

One you earn by completing Seigmeyer's story
though you have to make sure he survives the Lost Izalith encounter with more than 50% HP
The other you can get in the DLC area.
There is a chest in the area where you fight a very tough boss, but if you don't do a certain event to trigger the boss fog, you can run to open the chest and escape without having to fight the boss.

But you will probably be fine even with just a +14 weapon. The difference from that last upgrade is not that big of a deal.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game 1 -- MB-1CB16029F8C269F3 - Taken by Coldsun. 22 entrants total.
Mystery Game 2 -- MB-D17BAF6F9F3CE2B4 - Taken by smashdude50. 23 entrants total.

t1408668699z1.png

This new Watch_Dogs PC patch is pretty nice, that, with the AMD 14.7 drivers, all the problems I had technically with the game are gone, need to reinstall the Worse mod to see what it does.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I hope I didn't do such an embarrassing role in those SpeedRunners races, I totally suck at it. But it was a blast, this game is great!

And to end a regular day as a really good one, I just got this email:

y9ML5WS.jpg

I've been waiting for this for a long time. Nitronic Rush is probably the game that showed me indie devs can make some incredible stuff, and so I decided to back the spiritual sequel. Downloading now, this is going to be so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom