• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can agree with this sentiment. But they have gotten better with TWAU.

uVsAKQK.jpg

Man, I finally finished moving, unpacked my desktop after having it stuck in storage for 2 almost 3 months, got one week of gaming in, and now it's time to go on another gaming sabbatical as I head off what will likely be my last annual trip to Burning Man.

I only got about 15 minutes of Divinity in, dammit! Why did I play three hours of Sacred 3 instead?!?

At least Wasteland 2 and Destiny will be waiting for me when I finally get back...

Andrefpvs

Omochikaeri~! They have more personality than the Alchemist sprites anyways which has been a problem with their redone sprites since it loses all the charm and energy of the original, so it made my PS3 replay odd since some of the scenes where less impactful with the more disturbing scenes. I'm wondering if they're doing the variations properly since most of the filesize of Umineko was 500+ different sprites for one character + the kicking music.

Agreed. I'm glad it appears I won't have to choose between expressions or image quality anymore.

derExperte

Not into point and click adventure?

Into the good ones. I played tons during the 80s/90s and so on but don't have any nostalgia for Shadowgate and the things he finds annoying I would too. Pixelhunting, obnoxious interface, sudden deaths. Never was a fan of adventures that had those 'features'. Cool that the old fans apparently are happy but I'll stay away for now.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Nope thats an actual glitch that can happen.
Sadly my glitches were less funny:

That dollar bill was stuck in his hand for the whole scene.

And this one (POTENTIAL SPOILERS in the subtitles), which says "This choice is blank!" instead of putting the actual text of the options. What's even weirder is that there was no choice there, because after replaying the scene the choices didn't appear until later.

maxcriden

Hopefully it's okay to post this in here, just tryin' to spread the word. To get the word out about kitchenmotors's cancer treatment fund drive, we're giving away the following Steam keys, as well as a bunch of other stuff like a 3DS:

Steam:

-Anomaly Warzone Earth
-Civilization III Complete
-Eufloria
-Little Inferno
-Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
-The Tiny Bang Story
-Half Life 2: Episode 2
-The Ship
-The Ship (Two copies...)
-Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
-Dust: An Elysian Tail
-Guacamelee! Gold Edition
-Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine
-The Swapper
-Mark Of the Ninja
-FTL
-Trine 2 Complete Story
-Bastion
-Limbo
-Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
-Orion: Dino Horde
-Orion: Dino Horde (two copies)
-Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
-Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition
-Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor
-Assassin's Creed: Unity
-Lords of the Fallen
-Terraria
-Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
-F.E.A.R.
-F.E.A.R. 2
-F.E.A.R. 3
-Thomas Was Alone
-Brütal Legend
-Nightsky
-Splice
-Swords and Soldiers HD

Gog:

Torchlight

The thread to enter is here. No donation necessary to enter:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=878921

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Sadly my glitches were less funny:

That dollar bill was stuck in his hand for the whole scene.

And this one (POTENTIAL SPOILERS in the subtitles), which says "This choice is blank!" instead of putting the actual text of the options. What's even weirder is that there was no choice there, because after replaying the scene the choices didn't appear until later.

Actually that happened to me in the epilogue and I was wondering if it was intentional or not for a second and knew it was a bug once it started me back at the beginning of the last Episode after clicking through a ton of "This choice is blank!" I'm just glad that was the only glitch I got the entire game!

kudoboi

So apparently the implementation of yen raised the some games prices in Japan by $10? Not cool. Now I'm not looking forward to them implementing sgd.

Anustart

Eek, Mass Effect doesn't have controller support. And, it looks god awful. Can you really not do 1920x1080?? Textures are horrible, unless changing the textures to ultra requires a restart.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Eek, Mass Effect doesn't have controller support. And, it looks god awful. Can you really not do 1920x1080?? Textures are horrible, unless changing the textures to ultra requires a restart.

That's why the HD retextures exist! I still have them on my computer even though I never played ME1 more than 4 hours. orz
Get the ones from that french(?) dude.

It takes maybe about a good 10 hours to get the basics down, 20 hours to be decent... and after that point you lose track of time and realize you've played 300 hours of DOTA 2.

Yeah I'm joking, I do know what I'm getting into with DOTA2. Tried to get into it a couple times. Maybe I'll have better luck if I think of it not as a game, but as a medium for experiencing Terri's voice acting. Ahh the memories, she was the first voice actor/actress I ever took note of and remembered.

Yea, not sold on the Shodan voice pack idea. The GLaDOS announcer sounded like a really great idea in the beginning too but it honestly isn't very good. And they're both similarly themed.

MattyG

Banned
I'm a real baby when it comes to horror games, but I just found an Amnesia bundle for 4 keys that I'm tempted to grab. That series has always interested me, I'm just worried that I wouldn't be able to bring myself to play either game.

Yea, not sold on the Shodan voice pack idea. The GLaDOS announcer sounded like a really great idea in the beginning too but it honestly isn't very good. And they're both similarly themed.

wat

SHODAN and GLADOS couldn't be any more different. GLADOS is basically the Scary Movie franchise version of SHODAN.

ME1 was technical clusterfuck due to Bioware's lack of Unreal 3 experience, but the lack of controller support was pretty standard back in the day IIRC.

Just played this custom Mario-themed L4D2 map with a friend. It has only one part and it's very short once you know what you have to do, but it was pretty fun. Traps, platform elements and a bit of exploration. Not sure if it was a bug related to the map or the server, but unfortunately for some reason the ending didn't trigger and we couldn't beat it :/

Some pics:

exvXcMP.jpg

d64MWpp.jpg

M3b9Zvn.jpg

zuVDSnr.jpg

AH6wlvo.jpg

hnmxI5e.jpg

945U7ly.jpg

TZV4XaX.jpg

taco543

Here you guys go, whoever even takes that doctor who legacy code if you dont know how to redeem it let me know and i'll give you the steps.
ModBot said:
Instructions for taco543:
You know when you're taking a poop, and the wind brushes out of your butt, and that's called a fart. That's what you sound like.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Defense Grid The Awakening -- MB-DC42CAC83C286AC4 - Taken by electroflame
Doctor Who Legacy dlc (Mobile) (it's a doctor who based connect 3 game)- -- MB-4317B68BCDD386A1 - Taken by TheMadMan007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom