• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
they fucking changed my goddamn steamid now its 6 digits instead of 5.

im actually kinda pissed about that.

I mean sure I got the 10 years badge, big fucking deal....

So much of an improvement over this
0e6d7559dae0ae75ee1edb207c4b90711346956262_full.jpg
There was a table comparing all anime artstyles, I don't have it saved :(
What is this called? It's hideous with a certain charm.
Saw this on Twitter:
BvhIphNIcAAhPLX.jpg:large
This looks very charming.

Dundee loves that game. Though be warned its like he's one of the devs or something. Guy knows the stages inside and out

Yea, I'm watching. He's very good at managing his boost, which is essential in high level play. I see he's holding back quite a bit. I dont think I'm at his level, but I think I'd prove fun to play with for him.

I hope I didn't do such an embarrassing role in those SpeedRunners races, I totally suck at it. But it was a blast, this game is great!

And to end a regular day as a really good one, I just got this email:

y9ML5WS.jpg

I've been waiting for this for a long time. Nitronic Rush is probably the game that showed me indie devs can make some incredible stuff, and so I decided to back the spiritual sequel. Downloading now, this is going to be so good.

Sweet. I bought into the beta around the time the game showed up on Steam Greenlight, so I'm downloading it right now.

Oh, please. If they only cared about getting paid they'd throw in achievements and paid hats and all sorts of bullshit that people eat up. Saying they refuse to add a feature so common that it probably wouldn't take much manpower that you think a huge community of players wants and then saying they don't because they only want money is absurd. It makes absolutely no sense.

The main point here is that they compromised their artistic vision (which was the reason for not including achievements in the first place) for money.

They wanted additional exposure and sales at whatever price Sony offered them to bring their game to PS4 and to feature it as a PS+ game. For that, they compromised their original "vision" where Don't Starve was played differently when achievements existed and added trophies to the game. So what makes PC users who want achievements in their copy of Don't Starve different from Sony who requires them to allow the game on their platforms? MONEY AND LOTS OF IT. Klei had lots of reasons ($) to cave on their stance for a corporation with a big wallet and lots of NEW customers. And yet, if you want the game with achievements of some sort, Klei's response is basically "go play it on a Sony platform."

What'd you win?

Sofa King

I guess I need to check out Speedrunners while at PAX after watching this stream. I'd like to see a match of chumps as compared to watching Dunder.

Jawmuncher

Man telltale needs to take a page from Quantic Dream for their games. Playing Beyond 2 Souls right not and being able to have actual choices move into different things that matter sure is something.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Omochikaeri~! They have more personality than the Alchemist sprites anyways which has been a problem with their redone sprites since it loses all the charm and energy of the original, so it made my PS3 replay odd since some of the scenes where less impactful with the more disturbing scenes. I'm wondering if they're doing the variations properly since most of the filesize of Umineko was 500+ different sprites for one character + the kicking music.

Man telltale needs to take a page from Quantic Dream for their games. Playing Beyond 2 Souls right not and being able to have actual choices move into different things that matter sure is something.
If it's anything like Heavy Rain, all your choices eventually funnel you towards the same ending, only there are minor things that could've happened differently before you got there.

Basically, it would be the same thing as the telltale games.

Jawmuncher

If it's anything like Heavy Rain, all your choices eventually funnel you towards the same ending, only there are minor things that could've happened before you got there.

Basically, it would be the same thing as the telltale games.

True it'll funnel but a lot less then say Walking Dead where the funnel is pretty quick most of the time.

What if David Cage joins Telltale?

I don't have a problem with the guy so yeah.

I can't comment on recent David Cage emissions because I decided he was a clown after Fahrenheit, but I will freely admit that Telltale games are practically autopilot these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom