• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

A valley without wind 1 and 2 (STEAM) -- MB-A30E2F99E2081AEC - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
Hacker Evolution Duality (STEAM) -- MB-EDDA24F50D28F6CD - Taken by Scipius
Bionic Dues (STEAM) -- MB-58026D8226941D59 - Taken by electroflame
LightFish (STEAM) -- MB-CFFE67E53AD8A473 - Taken by redlacs
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-A74F5E1B39802B66 - Taken by NamikazeBurst
Crystals of Time (STEAM) -- MB-5F5DFEB5E2299A1F - Taken by derExperte
Memories of a vagabond (STEAM) -- MB-A353452BD16466C0 - Taken by trailmix16
Bionic Dues (STEAM) #2 -- MB-21F838F75B802CB4 - Taken by GaussTek
Memories of a vagabond (STEAM) #2 -- MB-363F9B0288B53708 - Taken by rainking187
A valley without wind 1 and 2 (STEAM) #2 -- MB-0B5C5C03D4F9E9D0 - Taken by taco543
Hacker Evolution Duality (STEAM) #2 -- MB-E44FC027C011FE75 - Taken by Darkroronoa
Quest Run -- MB-1C751111EF228811 - Taken by Gunstarheroes
Frozen Hearth -- MB-6CEA46BFE4874F06 - Taken by Gipsy Danger

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for A valley without wind 1 and 2 (STEAM) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Hacker Evolution Duality (STEAM) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Bionic Dues (STEAM) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for LightFish (STEAM) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Crystals of Time (STEAM) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Memories of a vagabond (STEAM) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Bionic Dues (STEAM) #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Memories of a vagabond (STEAM) #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for A valley without wind 1 and 2 (STEAM) #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Hacker Evolution Duality (STEAM) #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Frozen Hearth was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

abracadaver

I heard this game is good

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Little Racers STREET -- MB-653C842B9B3DE035 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.

t1408675060z1.png

Indignate

Yea it's not like both are female sounding, malevolent AI entities or anything. Couldn't be more different.

Because all evil female AI's are the exact same.

So racist/sexist.

Just played this custom Mario-themed L4D2 map with a friend. It has only one part and it's very short once you know what you have to do, but it was pretty fun. Traps, platform elements and a bit of exploration. Not sure if it was a bug related to the map or the server, but unfortunately for some reason the ending didn't trigger and we couldn't beat it :/

This is the scariest fuckin thing.

NotSelf

I'm a real baby when it comes to horror games, but I just found an Amnesia bundle for 4 keys that I'm tempted to grab. That series has always interested me, I'm just worried that I wouldn't be able to bring myself to play either game.

Just just remind yourself that your playing a game and that it can't hurt you.

Atomski

Just incase Ive missed anything.. has there been any games released this year or soon to be released like Gone Home and the Stanley Parable. I usually hate story based games but really enjoyed those two.. want more.

kevin1025

Banned
Whoa, there's a prequel to Of Orcs and Men coming out in the fall? Never knew that. It's called Styx: Master of Shadows and is a stealth game with RPG elements. I'm always intrigued by Cyanide's games, even if they aren't top tier.

KarmaCow

Just played this custom Mario-themed L4D2 map with a friend. It has only one part and it's very short once you know what you have to do, but it was pretty fun. Traps, platform elements and a bit of exploration. Not sure if it was a bug related to the map or the server, but unfortunately for some reason the ending didn't trigger and we couldn't beat it :/

What map is it?

Zia

Anyone else in the Distance beta? Just went through adventure mode, which was an audiovisual feast and a lot of fun until the constant track switching. Not sure if I just don't "get it" or what, but it's the first time I've put something down out of pure frustration in a very long time.

jediyoshi

Beta client updatez

Today we are starting a new round of Steam Client Beta updates with fixes and additional functionality.

General

Adjusted colors and other visual details per feedback
Updated Screenshots user interface
Fixed white scrollbars appearing in web views
Fixed blurry text in web views under Windows
Fixed trade links causing web view to become unresponsive if closed
Improved detection of links in chat
Improved application startup time slightly

Big Picture

Fixed daisywheel to keep typing capital letters if the left trigger is depressed
Fixed failing to capitalize the first word when typing in daisywheel
Fixed a couple small memory leaks and decreased memory usage in general
Fixed being unable to navigate up past rolled up friends invite panel in the friends list for some users
Fixed some small navigation and transition issues in the profile and activity feed

Mac OS X

Fixed overlay compatibility issue with some games
Reduced energy impact of leaving Steam running in the background

In-Home Streaming

Improved software decoder performance when using Intel QuickSync hardware encoding
Added Intel hardware decoding support using VAAPI on Linux and SteamOS. This requires the i386 intel-vaapi-driver package version 1.3.2 or newer to be installed on the client computer. This will be added to SteamOS in an upcoming update.
Fixed issue in the Windows DXVA decoder that could cause occasional black screen flashing

Steam Music Beta
This update will recreate the music database, and an automatic recrawl of the music files.

Added the ability to create, play and manage Playlists
Added Music library access to the desktop overlay
Added display of track positions, track count and overall duration in albums and playlists
Added display of disc number if disc number is >= 2 in album title
Removed ‘Play Next’ functionality in favor of simplicity
Improved crawling such that artist names are now case insensitive
Made several other user interface fixes and improvements

Virtual Reality

Added item to the option menu to center the UI in front of the user in VR mode
Enabled the Virtual Reality Mode menu option in many more cases where it appears that the user has used VR
Added error reports to make it easier for users to diagnose VR mode problems

Anyone else in the Distance beta? Just went through adventure mode, which was an audiovisual feast and a lot of fun until the constant track switching. Not sure if I just don't "get it" or what, but it's the first time I've put something down out of pure frustration in a very long time.

It's by the same guys who did Nitronic Rush right? I remember playing that and it does take some getting used to, might just need to practice more with it before it becomes muscle memory.

Was unaware of this games development/kickstarter, will definitely need to pick it up.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
How much did we end up raising for morningbus' cable bill?

Missed this earlier, but it's perfect timing:

i0gVrX2pS7C7y.gif

Just $66 worth of codes left to be applied to the account and, at this point, I feel pretty confident I'll get it.

dot

Over the past few hours I have been spammed with people randomly trying to give me bad rats. And they just keep coming, lol.

Why can't you get down with rats, Mike? Just accept them already.

You surprised me the most dotty! You're pretty good.
Hope your pain's gone.

Thanks! The pain is mostly gone...i felt well enough to join Dunder's session again and almost won....again. ;-;

Huh, didn't realize this had a beta. I hope the game comes out soon.

Zafir

Ooh, didn't realise the beta was out.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I've been searching for over an hour and a half, but I couldn't find my name in the Distance credits level. I did find a GAFfer, though (Neuromancer).

Whoa. Dunder really came through:

iYtqjNfwWg46b.png

Same, Dunder rained a solid bundle with a bunch of games, and i finally have copies of Probably Archery and Gunman Clive i'm pretty pumped to be able to play, plus some other cool suff i've never heard of, but i didn't have a single game in the bundle, so hells yeah!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's by the same guys who did Nitronic Rush right? I remember playing that and it does take some getting used to, might just need to practice more with it before it becomes muscle memory.

Was unaware of this games development/kickstarter, will definitely need to pick it up.
Yep, it's by them. I remember this stuff being very hard in NR. Don't think I ever managed to beat the hardest tracks there.

I haven't tried adventure mode in Distance yet. Still feel sad that I couldn't find my name in the credits :/

xeris

Guys, in Crusader Kings 2, how do i avoid losing a title on succesion ?

Realize this was an hour ago, but just saw it. The two main ways are have a legitimate heir or give it away to someone under you. It's also possible that if you have something in a far flung region with a different overlord, you may be sol unless you fight the liege. This mostly happens if the title is tied to your spouse, there's no kids eligible, and giving it to a vassal would still put it out of your realm.

Yep, it's by them. I remember this stuff being very hard in NR. Don't think I ever managed to beat the hardest tracks there.

I haven't tried adventure mode in Distance yet. Still feel sad that I couldn't find my name in the credits :/

I'm not sure if you're under a NDR but are you able to say how complete the game is in it's current state?

I'm glad he went with this. It's something I was really looking forward to.

The Tomb Raider franchise is currently on my list (right under Klei, most likely) after the MS exclusivity debacle from gamescom. Especially considering I have an IOU from Shadownet for a copy of a game that now won't exist until sometime in 2016 on PC. Not to mention the game actually being on the short list of 2015 AAA titles I actually give a flying fuck about.

I know it's not the same game, but after that PR from CD stating that the PC and PS4 community could always go buy TR2013 or the Temple of Osiris instead, every time I see someone acquire it in my friends list, I can't help but feel a combination of disappointment and rage.

MattyG

Banned
I just gifted a friend from another forum Civ V and the two major expansions. First things I've ever gifted on Steam, and I really like it. Consoles should implement something like that (they won't).
Should've thrown Bad Rats in there for good measure.

While I was looking through key deals to get the stuff I was going to gift though, I saw the first gameplay of Beyond Earth. Hhhnnnnnnng, I need it. Bring on the addiction.

etrain911

I'm having the world's most problems getting Steam's client to run on my computer after moving houses and switching to a new wifi network. I even tried flushing the config and deleting and reinstalling everything. Argh. Curse you, Gaben. :'(

I'm having the world's most problems getting Steam's client to run on my computer after moving houses and switching to a new wifi network. I even tried flushing the config and deleting and reinstalling everything. Argh. Curse you, Gaben. :'(

Just a shot in the dark but I'd double check the routers firewall first thing.

Ozium is an enabler, and due to his power and the sheer sight of watching Dunder fall, i have gotten 12 games today. So, to Ozium
As1sQjhCEAA_5YW.jpg

Expect incoming reviews of all of the games in one star-studded throwdown later tonight in a foggy haze and mess of indie titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom