• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Ozium is an enabler, and due to his power and the sheer sight of watching Dunder fall, i have gotten 12 games today. So, to Ozium
As1sQjhCEAA_5YW.jpg

Expect incoming reviews of all of the games in one star-studded throwdown later tonight in a foggy haze and mess of indie titles.

if only dunder hadn't cheated against me I would have won from him too!

lol

tylerf

if you decide to try that again you can create a shield around your mountain by spamming notes lol

it is clean tho now, right?!

Now that the shock has worn off I can appreciate these pristine slopes. 10/10 would obliterate again.

MattyG

Banned
Alright, why the hell do people talk about Euro Truck Sim so much? Is it really a good game? I feel like I'm missing out on something, I see people on my friends list playing it all the time.

dot

Alright, why the hell do people talk about Euro Truck Sim so much? Is it really a good game? I feel like I'm missing out on something, I see people on my friends list playing it all the time.

There's a demo for it that you can try.

I do not like driving games or simulators and even i liked it. I dunno, it's weird.

Ozium

great game when yer high as hell and want to drive around yurop listening to the radio

Toshin

so me, marco , rookie and paul are playing usf4
paul somehow in the middle of an spd somehow clicks the switch to change is inputs for his stick from ls to dp to rs and thinks his stick is broke......to bad it wasnt streamed...

Well, 4chan just hacked Polytron...

Gamers can be such shitty people sometimes. I can disagree with some stuff Fish does or says, but I can't blame him at all for leaving the industry.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I know, right? Out of left field and with no announcement. Some of them are going to be LOOOOOONG and tough to get if you're a casual. They want 60/99% of the map explored, PERFECT DELIVERY. NO AUTO-PARKING for like longer than 1000km (whatever that is in miles) and a few others.

Plus using a rest-stop/gas station and a few easy ones. But man the no auto-park and perfect delivery is going to kill me. I can't park for shit. D:

MattyG

Banned
Well, 4chan just hacked Polytron...

Gamers can be such shitty people sometimes. I can disagree with some stuff Fish does or says, but I can't blame him at all for leaving the industry.
Ugh, really? They posted a list on Polytron's site with his passwords, address, social security info, bank info, pretty much everything. That's way over the line. But that's 4chan for you I guess.

They did this because he was being a "SJW" (their words, not mine), but he did that because of shitty things they did to Zoe Quinn. Sure, Phil can be a bit of an ass sometimes, but 4chan got this ball rolling. They won't ever see it that way though.

kurahador

Ugh, really? They posted a list on Polytron's site with his passwords, address, social security info, bank info, pretty much everything. That's way over the line. But that's 4chan for you I guess.

Damn...

Guys...which one should I play first here? Is the story even related?
Nit1fmy.jpg

FTFY

It's not just the gaming community, anonymity just simply brings out the worst in some people.

In this context, it's gamers. Phil lashes out at gamers when he gets upset, which is dumb, but instances like this really don't help. When such a blunt, vocal chunk of gamers on the internet pull this kind of stuff, it's hard to disagree with him.

But yeah, people are shitty in general, almost all the time.

Corpekata

Banned
There's very little reason to play Dragonfall right now with the director's cut like a month away. Might as well wait, free upgrade.

kurahador

Thanks. Got confused there because they put the DLC on top.

Guess I'm doing the main first and waits for Daggerfall Director's Cut.

Deitus

In this context, it's gamers. Phil lashes out at gamers when he gets upset, which is dumb, but instances like this really don't help. When such a blunt, vocal chunk of gamers on the internet pull this kind of stuff, it's hard to disagree with him.

But yeah, people are shitty in general, almost all the time.

No, in this context it's 4chan. Please don't blame a diverse group for the actions of a select few.

MattyG

Banned
No, in this context it's 4chan. Please don't blame a diverse group for the actions of a select few.
Exactly. Phil should be upset with 4Chan, not gamers in general. But as he's shownnumerous times (and now, if you check his twitter feed), he can't separate gamers into different groups or individuals. He blames all gamers. A lot of public figures in gaming do it actually. I see journalists tweet all the time and put a horrible thing someone said with the caption "this is gaming".

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Lots to play this weekend. I think I'll finish up south park.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, it took this long to unlock the first Be Mine 14 bonus?

It still hasn't unlocked its second bonus yet, hopefully the next bonus will be a decent game instead of music since those tend to sell more bundles.

Man telltale needs to take a page from Quantic Dream for their games. Playing Beyond 2 Souls right not and being able to have actual choices move into different things that matter sure is something.

mj-laughing.gif

Missed this earlier, but it's perfect timing:

i0gVrX2pS7C7y.gif

Just $66 worth of codes left to be applied to the account and, at this point, I feel pretty confident I'll get it.

I'm honestly surprised that all of them were applied :p

Deitus

Exactly. Phil should be upset with 4Chan, not gamers in general. But as he's shownnumerous times (and now, if you check his twitter feed), he can't separate gamers into different groups or individuals. He blames all gamers. A lot of public figures in gaming do it actually. I see journalists tweet all the time and put a horrible thing someone said with the caption "this is gaming".

I know what you mean, and it's frustrating as hell. It's just such a lazy way to address real problems that are going on "oh yeah, that's just fucking gamers for you".

No, that's fucking asshole individuals on the internet who believe there are no consequences. 99% of people who play video games wouldn't even want to be in the same room as the kind of hateful people who would send death threats or hack people for being "SJWs", much less condone their behavior. So why should we be blamed for their actions?

Now, technically I am guilty of doing exactly this, because in my previous post I pinned this on 4chan as a whole. So I'll say this. I don't think everyone who uses 4chan is an bad person, and certainly not everyone is a hacker. But I do think that the specific policies that site has on anonymity and their approach to moderation have allowed a culture to develop where spewing hate and engaging in behaviors that do actual damage to others is just accepted, and that is something I do not tolerate.

My impression of Five Nights at Freddy's, which I won from a mystery raffle by Tizoc.

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/319510/

I first got confused with the game as I thought it was Finding Teddy (point and click adventure puzzle game).
Freddy's is a point and click indie horror game, in which you are a security guard at a Chuckie Cheese like-business at night and creepy sh*t happens.
You have to be mindful of the electricity as you use security cameras, lights and doors in order to do your job.
As someone who does not like anything relating to horror, I actually enjoyed the game, it scared me a couple of times.
It felt a little short, you could probably finish it under a hour.
It is normally $5.00, I would only recommend if on sale.

maneil99

Why cant' you guys be good at CSGO, I need a team that isn't a bunch of fucking morons (Not you guys, the solo queue fuck faces)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom