• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

I know what you mean, and it's frustrating as hell. It's just such a lazy way to address real problems that are going on "oh yeah, that's just fucking gamers for you".

No, that's fucking asshole individuals on the internet who believe there are no consequences. 99% of people who play video games wouldn't even want to be in the same room as the kind of hateful people who would send death threats or hack people for being "SJWs", much less condone their behavior. So why should we be blamed for their actions?

Now, technically I am guilty of doing exactly this, because in my previous post I pinned this on 4chan as a whole. So I'll say this. I don't think everyone who uses 4chan is an bad person, and certainly not everyone is a hacker. But I do think that the specific policies that site has on anonymity and their approach to moderation have allowed a culture to develop where spewing hate and engaging in behaviors that do actual damage to others is just accepted, and that is something I do not tolerate.

Count me in with the 99%. It almost seems like those(1%ers) are the ones they most concentrate on. It's like "Let's ignore the normals for the Mos Eisley group".

Zoe gets Attacked because of her Relationship with a journalist
Phil defends her because "We are Indie Devs"
Polytron (I assume that Fish left Polytron long ago) site got hacked.

Shit like this is not okay.

Why cant' you guys be good at CSGO, I need a team that isn't a bunch of fucking morons (Not you guys, the solo queue fuck faces)
I was thinking that yesterday, not that everyone else has to get good but I tried it with randoms for the first time.. I missed rolling with a bunch of gaffers. Although my skill level is low that I end up getting overmatched :(

Deques

What honor do I get this for?

E4AcUJy.png

My birthday is three months away...

Alright, why the hell do people talk about Euro Truck Sim so much? Is it really a good game? I feel like I'm missing out on something, I see people on my friends list playing it all the time.

Its just a really relaxing game to zone out and play while listening to a podcast or one of the in-game stations, or whatever you want really. I probably wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much if I didn't have a racing wheel though. I love driving around and listening to music or podcasts in real life and Euro Truck comes surprisingly close to replicating that feeling

We apologize for the lack of warning regarding the SteamID format change in today's update. It was our intent to give the community a heads-up before the change was released, but it was missed.

The change was made to update TF2 to use the current SteamID format, which most other games on Steam and Steam itself uses. You will find that you can now use SteamIDs rendered by these other locations in your interactions with the engine. The engine will still recognize the old format, though, so your current server ban lists should still be valid.

The conversion equation has already been posted by a community member, but here it is again:

Old: STEAM_0:A:B
New: [U:1:B*2+A]
Example: STEAM_0:1:1234 ---> [U:1:2469]

We're sorry for the problems this may cause while you update your scripts to use the new format. It was not our intent to disrupt your servers.

-Eric

maybe if you had a dedicated CM this wouldn't have occurred ;)

Vuze

Alright, why the hell do people talk about Euro Truck Sim so much? Is it really a good game? I feel like I'm missing out on something, I see people on my friends list playing it all the time.
It's just so relaxing and cool I dunno. I'm not into driving games no simulations but I really enjoy driving around an hour or so in the Rift listening to web radios (which you can select ingame). Once the weather report of the station was just so very fitting to the ingame weather that I wasn't sure if the game was tricking me or something xD

Ozium

It's just so relaxing and cool I dunno. I'm not into driving games no simulations but I really enjoy driving around an hour or so in the Rift listening to web radios (which you can select ingame). Once the weather report of the station was just so very fitting to the ingame weather that I wasn't sure if the game was tricking me or something xD

the coolest thing is the ability to listen to euro radio stations or a good way to kill time while listening to a podcast

aku:jiki

I showed a friend who really doesn't like simulators very much Euro Truck, and he wanted to take over and 35 minutes later I had to essentially tear him away from the computer so we could go do something else. The game certainly has something to it.

Ionic

Max Gentleman: free to play "arcade-style extreme manners simulator about stacking hats, inspired by a spam email for male enhancement."
http://store.steampowered.com/app/257710/
I finally figured what was missing from my life... cool, cool cool.

This was one of the funnest things I played at PAX East. They gave out kick ass manly trophies to players too. Everybody should put a couple rounds into it. It's classic arcadey fun.

Shadownet

Banned
I made the terrible mistake of jumping into 100% OJ without reading the instruction. What is this.. It look like some weird version of Sorry!

Arthea

I made the terrible mistake of jumping into 100% OJ without reading the instruction. What is this.. It look like some weird version of Sorry!

you don't really need instructions to have 100% fun, actually (><)
it is a board game that has problems with you winning, that's why it tries not to allow it on regular basis, but it's OK, you don't need to fight the system when you can play against other humans.

Corpekata

Banned
IGN did give it a 5.2 but they took the alien position of "the combat is great, everything else sucks" when anyone that's spent any time with the series knows the combat is easily the worst part of it. So, grain of salt and all that.

taco543

It has an OT here
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=870833

It did get a lot of better scores too.

Yeah I saw it got some good ones too I was just posting what I saw on google cos I was originally thinking of sacred 3 rather than Risen 3, but I mean even on metacritic 12 critic reviews seemed positive out of 28, but on the user end it it was 62 positive and 43 negative, which still kinda puts middle of the road. I'd say from the mix of reviews it seems like a niche title.

IGN did give it a 5.2 but they took the alien position of "the combat is great, everything else sucks" when anyone that's spent any time with the series knows the combat is easily the worst part of it. So, grain of salt and all that.

yes this too, I don't trust IGN, again I just googled it and posted cos I was thinking of sacred 3 lol

Arthea

scores are pretty much useless, I was tempted for some time to consider it being "reverse" logic, meaning if it's high score a game certainly sucks and other way around, but even that doesn't work, they seem to be totally random and don't reflect anything, aside from "bought" ones, those reflect marketing budget. (><)

Vuze

Get out, that's why that game is good, the decisions you make in B2S have consequences that are not spelled out to you. No taletale BS of not decisions with consequences.

I completely agree with you, TellTales handling of "decisions" is utter BS. When I realized that everybody had the same ending at the end of TWD S01 regardless of what they choose I was super pissed. I didn't really like B2S because of how weird the style of narration is but I loved Heavy Rain (inb4 "lul all teh plothols xd" as if I noticed them while playing the game duh).

-

I just started Freedom Cry and regret my purchase lol

Tizoc

My impression of Five Nights at Freddy's, which I won from a mystery raffle by Tizoc.

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/319510/

I first got confused with the game as I thought it was Finding Teddy (point and click adventure puzzle game).
Freddy's is a point and click indie horror game, in which you are a security guard at a Chuckie Cheese like-business at night and creepy sh*t happens.
You have to be mindful of the electricity as you use security cameras, lights and doors in order to do your job.
As someone who does not like anything relating to horror, I actually enjoyed the game, it scared me a couple of times.
It felt a little short, you could probably finish it under a hour.
It is normally $5.00, I would only recommend if on sale.

Well at least you enjoyed it :p
I personally don't mind short games @ $5 as long as they deliver.

-MD-

I don't really wanna make a thread for this but I just bought a PS4 and the HDMI port seems shot, looked it up and saw a bunch of stuff from back at launch saying it's from a bent pin in the slot.

What do?

Copons

Why cant' you guys be good at CSGO, I need a team that isn't a bunch of fucking morons (Not you guys, the solo queue fuck faces)

If you (any unranked player really) need a fucking moron who plays like shit but always cracks hilarious jokes while waiting to respawn, just ask me to team up whenever you see me in game, as I'd love to have a stable team to go competitive, instead of the random people who can't even tell apart A and B.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I don't really wanna make a thread for this but I just bought a PS4 and the HDMI port seems shot, looked it up and saw a bunch of stuff from back at launch saying it's from a bent pin in the slot.

What do?

Can you return it to the store and get it exchanged?

Corpekata

Banned
Amazon's return policies are pretty great, especially with a known problem product like the PS4. Can try going through Sony too, they were pretty helpful to me (different issue though) even though I bought the damn thing through Warehouse (Amazon's used store).

Kiru

scores are pretty much useless, I was tempted for some time to consider it being "reverse" logic, meaning if it's high score a game certainly sucks and other way around, but even that doesn't work, they seem to be totally random and don't reflect anything, aside from "bought" ones, those reflect marketing budget. (><)
I think you would totally enjoy Risen 3 if you liked the previous ones. Even Durante enjoys the game from what I saw. :D

What do?

Amazon's great on returns, I bought a DS4 from them that had a busted trigger and they gave me $60 credit to buy a new one no questions asked. Get in touch with them, they're very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom