• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

First time i've seen this.... What price should I set??
I've been there couple of times myself, one foil never sold, it's worth something like 0.10 now (><)
Another I sold for ~ 0.50, I think (went for 5€, more foils appeared, had to go even lower, etc.) It depends on a game mostly, but being first haven't worked for me so far any better than being last

liezryou

Welp after 3 years of trading - It finally happened - I got scammed. By a russian of all.

It was my first big CS:GO trade (literally 0 experience in CS:GO trading) so I [being used to dota 2/tf2 trading] totally forgot to check for wear. He trade offered me a factory new item and then added me to trade later, swapping the same item out for a field tested one.

Lost ~80-100$ right there. Welp you live and learn i guess, won't be making that mistake again.

Tektonic

Email popped up "You have sold an item on the Community Market"

So soon?!

An item you listed in the Community Market has been sold to Templar Assassin Lanaya. Your Steam Wallet has been credited 0.07 USD.

Thanks Steam (7 cents is better than nothing!)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Jeez, Hitman Absolution loves to throw achievements at you, I'm only 7hrs in and I've already gotten 47% of all the achievements, if all the achievements are this easy it may become another game to add to my 100% completion pile.

It's also my first Hitman game I've played for any major extent of time, and I'm really enjoying it, I hear Blood Money is the best of the hitman series though so I'll be sure to give that a shot after I finish Absolution(Currently on Part 2, just finished shaving lenny)

It's pretty easy to 100% achievement wise. The only irritation I had was playing on hard which broke the disguise system.

First time i've seen this.... What price should I set??

Z1HnmqB.png

The answer is clear

tumblr_m99q0hKr8P1qknseao1_500.png

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Welp after 3 years of trading - It finally happened - I got scammed. By a russian of all.

It was my first big CS:GO trade (literally 0 experience in CS:GO trading) so I [being used to dota 2/tf2 trading] totally forgot to check for wear. He trade offered me a factory new item and then added me to trade later, swapping the same item out for a field tested one.

Lost ~80-100$ right there. Welp you live and learn i guess, won't be making that mistake again.

Can't you ask Valve to reverse the trade if it was two-way? Also if you used PayPal you can always chargeback.

liezryou

Can't you ask Valve to reverse the trade if it was two-way? Also if you used PayPal you can always chargeback.

Wasn't paypal, was a straight up items for items trade. I'm going to put in a ticket and see if valve will reverse it. But from what I've heard it's pretty rare for valve to do that unless you are hacked.

fenners

While buying Groupees Be Mine 14, I found I had a spare key for this:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Legend of Dungeon -- MB-EDC5489023BB03F9 - Taken by StrangeTaco. 14 entrants total.

t1408722522z1.png

Xanathus

Wasn't paypal, was a straight up items for items trade. I'm going to put in a ticket and see if valve will reverse it. But from what I've heard it's pretty rare for valve to do that unless you are hacked.

I think they will reverse item trades, it's paypal transactions that they can't reverse.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Well, in that case there's a higher chance that you'll get your items back. From what I've heard Valve usually does it if the scammer is frequently reported. Maybe you should also file a report on Steamrep and other sites but I guess you already know what to do

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I actually started playing on hard, so I've not experienced what the disguise system is like on the other difficulties, what do you mean by it broke it?

It becomes almost completely useless. On normal and easy you aren't detected after about 3 seconds or while being within 30 feet of enemies.

Deques

I think you are out of luck since you still have the items. If it were games that later get revoked due to chargebacks you will a better luck

liezryou

Well, in that case there's a higher chance that you'll get your items back. From what I've heard Valve usually does it if the scammer is frequently reported. Maybe you should also file a report on Steamrep and other sites but I guess you already know what to do

Well then, if you guys could me a favor and report this dude: http://steamcommunity.com/id/imctend , perhaps it might help in getting my items back. Thanks for anyone that does in advance :D.

fenners

Whelp, more unused keys:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ESCHALON BOOK III -- MB-BB1E92E088F93020 - Taken by Gipsy Danger. 2 entrants total.
Steel & Steam Episode 1 -- MB-9944E144B3A2F6FD - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 1 entrants total.

t1408723182z1.png

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

I'm sorry that happend to you and yes Russians are the worst part of CS:GO.

Just means that people were buying the bundle for some other game and they happened to get bundled with the real bundle seller. These indies that boast having big sales when included in a bundle just come off as leeches.

Always funny when devs boast about sales...when we're talking about a bundle.

Whoa, way to misinterpret that. This is what they tweeted right afterwards
Its a much cheaper price for the game and not everyone bought it for Ether but the more people that have access to our games the better.

It wasn't boasting, it was just an interesting number..

etrain911

Just a shot in the dark but I'd double check the routers firewall first thing.

If only the router was hooked up to my computer. It's my landlord's router and it's in the house next door to mine's (had to buy a wifi adapter and a range extender) the wifi is included with my rent. :) I will figure out if I can get my own router or if the router's firewall can be checked for me by him/with my computer.

liezryou

Valve won't and if you do get a response, they will probably make fun of you. Happened to my son.

Pretty much what i'm expecting.

I think they will reverse item trades, it's paypal transactions that they can't reverse.

On the chance that valve actually does grow a heart, gonna keep the items and cross my fingers for a swift response. Meanwhile if you guys wanna report the guy, I've heard that helps speed up cases sometimes :3.

I'm sorry that happend to you and yes Russians are the worst part of CS:GO.

They are also quite annoying in dota with their open mics and screaming 'suka' and 'fuk ur moder'.

Momentary

Banned
From Siliconera:

Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN has only been announced for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, but what about PC? A representative from Arc System Works fielded this question, "We have BlazBlue on PC and also on Steam. What we&#8217;re doing is testing how it works out and depending on how it goes we could consider it, but we can&#8217;t give you an answer at the moment."

link

LL

It pisses me off that OG BlazBlue with NO NETCODE is their test for Steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Steam version of BlazBlue has a beta branch, but it's never been fiddled with. Whatever plans Arc had to update the game -- Steamworks-based MP, undoubtedly -- fell to the wayside, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom