• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingDirk

Congratulation bro :D what are you doing plat video game? You need to spend time with your bros and having an awesome bachelor party.

Also obligatory:
it's still not too late to run. I can book you a plane ticket to Cancun.
Bachelor party was last weekend, and this was after my bros had left. I was ready to decompress and was sucked up into silly combat action.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
As far as I know (and I don't know much), the easiest way to unload cards is to go to your inventory and on each card it says what the lowest selling point is, and to match that. After the first card you don't have to agree to the terms with the checkbox as it fills itself in from then on, but with over 200 cards, that is going to take a LONG time. Maybe someone knows a faster way? Thought I'd address it to see if anyone had more to add.

That is indeed the fastest way to list every card in your inventory without breaking the Steam Subscriber Agreement.

Grief.exe

Bachelor party was last weekend, and this was after my bros had left. I was ready to decompress and was sucked up into silly combat action.

I'm feeling like playing an action game right now as well. I picked up Ninja Gaiden Sigma yesterday and downloaded DMC last night, will probably end up playing the latter.
Nice that you can use the DS4 wirelessly with the PS3 now.

Ninja Gaiden probably doesn't work with the DS4

Tecl0n

I get married in less than 9h (pictures in 5h) and I am currently tired because I chose to spend the night before playing Revengeance. This is why I need my (non-Kardashian) wife, I clearly can't be trusted on my own.

Congrats, man. You don't seem nervous.

PriitV

Great going GMG, sending me an email saying I should pre-order BL: Presequel from them.. and then not having a buy button on the estonian storefront.

fantomena

I got dried out by B2. Fun game, but the fun didn't hold very long. Will either wait for my review copy or wait for it to go down till like 15$ or less

I get married in less than 9h (pictures in 5h) and I am currently tired because I chose to spend the night before playing Revengeance. This is why I need my (non-Kardashian) wife, I clearly can't be trusted on my own.
Congratulations man!
Let the Revengeance OST play tonight..... you're gonna be a force of nature!

I should really pick up a game. Sometimes I have periods (umm, this sounds wrong) where I lack motivation to play. Now, before this week was the GO tourney which kept me busy on that front and also filled me up with energy. So when I felt ready, this....thing happens. Just so disheartening and aggravating!

I won Transistor very recently, also loved Bastion, so I think I should go with that. Maybe it'll help.

liezryou

I'm sorry you got scammed Liez. It happened to me too a few days ago. I think you have a better chance of recovering it than I do. You should save your chat log with him.

Did he blocked you after that trade?

Yeah he blocked and removed me immediately after. Apparently he tried the same thing on someone else, http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-counter-strike-global-offensive-items.75025/ . I wish i had taken screenshots so i coulda reported him as well, but i suppose i will just have to serve as another victim piggybacking on someone elses report.

GMG deal for Blands Pre-Sequel.

Buying the game at 10% off gives you a 40% off your next purchase.

It's a coupon code. PM if you want mine.

Congrats dude. Best of luck! Don't lock your knees and pass out.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Great going GMG, sending me an email saying I should pre-order BL: Presequel from them.. and then not having a buy button on the estonian storefront.

I think the real concern is why they aren't extending the same courtesy to all their customers, world-over.

Glorious day:
XXh63fWFIskg.png

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Yeah he blocked and removed me immediately after. Apparently he tried the same thing on someone else, http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-counter-strike-global-offensive-items.75025/ . I wish i had taken screenshots so i coulda reported him as well, but i suppose i will just have to serve as another victim piggybacking on someone elses report.

Perfect example of a legit trader that decided to turn into a scumbag after amassing rep. I had the same thing happen to me when I started reselling stuff on steamtrades. Guy with 100+rep added me and bullied me into going first. I reluctantly accepted because as someone new to trading I couldn't get anyone to trade with me since I was selling cd keys for games, which is a bit risky. After he received the key, he told me that he could not send me the money immediately because he was waiting to get paid by his boss. Then he did the same thing to some other guy. After several days passed and he didn't send the money we both reported him but got ignored and the guy got a pass. Then he started doing the same thing to more people and eventually got trade banned.

Steam trading is a good way to make money if you know what you're doing but situations like this are the nature of the beast unfortunately

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Get out, that's why that game is good, the decisions you make in B2S have consequences that are not spelled out to you. No taletale BS of not decisions with consequences.

The amazing branching well written storyline of Beyond: 2 Souls was obviously too much for me.

Even though it was more or less the same as Telltale's games (I don't really like how the endings to Tt games are generally linear as well) in the end, since you choose your own ending in the last five seconds of the game with minor variations for both endings that don't really matter. Heavy Rain>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Beyond (and Indigo Prophecy) in that aspect, so many more endings.

Truly the consequences we deserve.

As a conclusion I'd like to say that even if the game's concept just remotely interests you it's worth the asking price ($5.99/£3.49/4.39€). It's a game that's flawed at times but still leaves a really good aftertaste. If nothing else it's something you won't find on anywhere else on Steam. That's a feat that shouldn't be understated as Steam keeps growing.

I had a minor, passing interest in the game before, but your impressions made me look up some videos. Wishlisted to be reminded of it in the future.

Edit: I just checked my account and the Steam key is there, they just didn't let me know about it.

I wish all stores, and bundle sites, would send emails when games get keys. Beats checking the bundle wiki, steam discussion forums, and the sites themselves.

Co-incidence?

Get a cool unknown Foil - and suddenly

8A2cCCv.png

Stearn Cornmunity is obviously a dating website for farmers. You just missed your one and only chance to date a hot farmer :p

No, no, bail out!
Read the OTand complete playthrough by yours truly. If you want some of the pics that were too juicy for GAF, browse through my steam screenshots.

You don't need more. Buy good VNs!

The +1 though. The eventual cards though.

Next Assassin's Creed Game Visits Feudal Japan...

Holy shit. Yes! This is the Ass I've been waiting fo....

..dammit..

Dishonered has decent dlc right, as in I should probably get the GOTY edition instead of standard?
It's almost a whole 'nother campaign, and maybe even better than the original campaign which is already terrific. Dishonored was my goty runnerup for 2012 right behind xcom

So yeah, if you're going in the go all in. It's worth it.

Hugstable

Banned
It's almost a whole 'bother campaign, and maybe even better than the original campaign which is already terrific. Dishonored was my goty runnerup for 2012 right behind xcom

So yeah, if you're going in the go all in. It's worth it.

Yeah Dishonored was one hell of a game. Brought back so much of what I loved about games like the original Deus Ex. I still need to finish up the DLC, took a break from teh game after finishing the main campaign.

liezryou

Perfect example of a legit trader that decided to turn into a scumbag after amassing rep. I had the same thing happen to me when I started reselling stuff on steamtrades. Guy with 100+rep added me and bullied me into going first. I reluctantly accepted because as someone new to trading I couldn't get anyone to trade with me since I was selling cd keys for games, which is a bit risky. After he received the key, he told me that he could not send me the money immediately because he was waiting to get paid by his boss. Then he did the same thing to some other guy. After several days passed and he didn't send the money we both reported him but got ignored and the guy got a pass. Then he started doing the same thing to more people and eventually got trade banned.

Steam trading is a good way to make money if you know what you're doing but situations like this are the nature of the beast unfortunately

Indeed it is. I guess no matter how safe you try to be, you will always get scammed in one way or another at least once in your trading career.

RIP liezryou scamless 3 year trading career 8-22-2014

Why suddenly a Google Translator Bar appears on the GMG web page? (I haven't installed anything)

Edit: It seems that they're using the Google Translate plug-in for international viewers!

Benedict

Casual Friday Giveaway (CFG)
Requires sandals or slippers.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nosferatu THe Wrath of Malachi -- MB-91D287239497B97C - Taken by Darth Kupi. 4 entrants total.
Nosferatu The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-4831268F8B23BCAA - Taken by kevin1025. 5 entrants total.

t1408736082z1.png

sprinkles

While checking the page for Planetarian, I saw this in the "more like"

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/313740/

A VN/DatingSim with the nudity tag on Steam?
Paging Dr. Milamber, I need more info on this.
I finished reading last weekend. Really short, only one choice at all in-game and that one did not even matter much. If you like ecchi, I guess it could be worth it, but better stay away else.

I am PSYCHED for Planetarian if it means other KEY Visual Novels will come to Steam some day.

Uzzy

Well done. Hopefully Jetstream Sam won't crash the party, but if he does you know what to do at least!

why would you want feudal japan, it has been done a bunch of time. India, Egypt or something pls.

I'm not in disagreement with you, there are tons of times / locations that have been done less than feudal Japan. But at the same time, I do have to say that it would still be cool to have that setting be given the same historical treatment that the AC series offers. They really are in a class by themselves in terms of how they re-create their settings. I'm personally behind on the series (Brotherhood was my last one) but I'll probably always continue to play them at some point just because I love the attention to detail put into them.

Tizoc

So let me see if I got this straight: I can get Borderlands PreSequel off GMG for up to 40% discount, and then GMG will offer me an extra discount on the next game I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom