• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

While checking the page for Planetarian, I saw this in the "more like"

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/313740/

A VN/DatingSim with the nudity tag on Steam?
Paging Dr. Milamber, I need more info on this.

Get Shan Gui instead if you want a waifu visual novel.

Some things doesn't make sense in Skyrim, why when I go to disarm a trap it's the same minigame as to pick locks. Other thing that I find strange is in Oblivion you had separate slots for the chest and the legs armor, why the armor already cover both?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Some things doesn't make sense in Skyrim, why when I go to disarm a trap it's the same minigame as to pick locks. Other thing that I find strange is in Oblivion you had separate slots for the chest and the legs armor, why the armor already cover both?

One word: Streamlining.

Just played this custom Mario-themed L4D2 map with a friend.
That looks really fun. Great write-up Soma.
--
Why cant' you guys be good at CSGO, I need a team that isn't a bunch of fucking morons (Not you guys, the solo queue fuck faces)
I am total noob in CSGO, only had one match, a friendly one at that. But I'd like to play and learn with you sometime maneil. The game I played was very much fun.
Shame the gamenights are so late in Europe :(
--
Welp after 3 years of trading - It finally happened - I got scammed. By a russian of all.
Oh no liez :( Hope this ain't not that much loss as to hurt your financials.

MUnited83

For you.
I know I'm buying Sakura Spirit as soon as the steam cards get approved :p

Wasnt Hatoful Boyfriend in a bundle before? I remember it was in some build a bundle, but I didnt buy it, because it just looked too stupid....

It was on a bundle, but the steam release is by other publisher, with new content and new translation.

Finished Ys Oath in Felghana.

Pretty good game overall. Clocked about 12 hrs and it really went by quickly. I don't know if i can get behind this battle system, though. Perhaps it was because i played the PSP version but the game begin so action oriented yet locked at 30 fps kinda bugged me, especially when you're fighting bosses that are throwing a ton of shit at you and reaction time is crucial. I just ended up ninja dogging half of the boss fights because either the pattern wasn't immediately obvious, the pattern became obvious but i was terrible at executing my counterattacks against it, or i didn't feel like spending 15-20 minutes overcoming the boss in a legit way.

At least the dungeons weren't as terrible as they were in Ys II. They get more intense and intricate as you proceed through the game, yes, but i never felt that i would need to seek out an FAQ to get through one, a major improvement over the devious final fucking dungeon in Ys II.

Playing Oath took me back to playing a PSX RPG, with its 2d character sprites on 3d backgrounds it reminds me visually of Xenogears and Wild Arms 2. Still, going back and having read that the original Ys III was actually a 2d action RPG like Zelda 2 (!) and that there's a real nice looking remade 2d version on the PS2, i kinda wished i had played that PS2 version instead. Knowing that it was a 2D action RPG originally, it totally makes sense why most of this game is played in 2.5D, something i thought was kinda weird at times since parts of the game are also done isometrically.

Also, i believe the PC version doesn't include the english voicework without modding it in.

believe me, you'll be just fine without that voicework hah. It's, ehh, it's not very good.

In the end, Ys Oath brought me back to a series that Ys II almost had me walk completely away from. I currently also own Ys Seven and Ys Origin, I'm aware that Memories of Celceta is a remake of Ys IV, that there's no legit english release of Ys V, and that while Ys VI appears to exist on the PSP, PS2, and the PC that they aren't digitally available stateside in any decent way. I kinda wanna do the crazy thing and play them all sequentially (I know that that means i should've started with Origins but everywhere i read said to play Origin after Oath) but, more importantly, i kinda don't want to play them out of order in case one Ys's story carries into the next.

You would think this would be Ysier.

Hugstable

Banned
Finished Ys Oath in Felghana.

Pretty good game overall. Clocked about 12 hrs and it really went by quickly. I don't know if i can get behind this battle system, though. Perhaps it was because i played the PSP version but the game begin so action oriented yet locked at 30 fps kinda bugged me, especially when you're fighting bosses that are throwing a ton of shit at you and reaction time is crucial. I just ended up ninja dogging half of the boss fights because either the pattern wasn't immediately obvious, the pattern became obvious but i was terrible at executing my counterattacks against it, or i didn't feel like spending 15-20 minutes overcoming the boss in a legit way.

At least the dungeons weren't as terrible as they were in Ys II. They get more intense and intricate as you proceed through the game, yes, but i never felt that i would need to seek out an FAQ to get through one, a major improvement over the devious final fucking dungeon in Ys II.

Playing Oath took me back to playing a PSX RPG, with its 2d character sprites on 3d backgrounds it reminds me visually of Xenogears and Wild Arms 2. Still, going back and having read that the original Ys III was actually a 2d action RPG like Zelda 2 (!) and that there's a real nice looking remaked 2d version on the PS2, i kinda wished i had played that PS2 version instead. Knowing that it was a 2D action RPG originally, it totally makes sense why most of this game is played in 2.5D, something i thought was kinda weird at times since parts of the game are also done isometrically.

Also, i believe the PC version doesn't include the english voicework without modding it in.

believe me, you'll be just fine without that voicework hah. It's, ehh, it's not very good.

In the end, Ys Oath brought me back to a series that Ys II almost had me walk completely away from. I currently also own Ys Seven and Ys Origin, I'm aware that Memories of Celceta is a remake of Ys IV, that there's no legit english release of Ys V, and that while Ys VI appears to exist on the PSP, PS2, and the PC that they aren't digitally available stateside in any decent way. I kinda wanna do the crazy thing and play them all sequentially (I know that that means i should've started with Origins but everywhere i read said to play Origin after Oath) but, more importantly, i kinda don't want to play them out of order in case one Ys's story carries into the next.

You would think this would be Ysier.

Go play Origins first, and then Seven and Celceta. Seven and Celceta play much differently than the rest of the series since they introduce a party system, weapon weaknesses, and no more jumping. They are still great games, but they are much much easier, and pretty different than Origins and Oath.

Vuze

I just got back to Borderlands 2 to do the two Playfire achievements I got left and I still kinda like the cartoony style of the game. I'm currently travelling around to uncover the last few locations for the World Traveller achievement and the variety of environments is quite nice imo. I'm glad I don't have to grind or fight anything large tho lol

Go play Origins first, and then Seven and Celceta. Seven and Celceta play much differently than the rest of the series since they introduce a party system, weapon weaknesses, and no more jumping. They are still great games, but they are much much easier, and pretty different than Origins and Oath.

Sounds like a solid approach. Plus, having Origins on steam means it's going to look so much nicer than Oath did on the PSP. High res and 60 fps should really help with something as twitch-based as a Ys game.

Also, Is BL2 another one of those games where setting PhysX to max crushes your framerate? The game dips frequently and i'm starting to think that my old nemesis Physx is to blame.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wasnt Hatoful Boyfriend in a bundle before? I remember it was in some build a bundle, but I didnt buy it, because it just looked too stupid....

Yes, and you could get the demo or release for free or something before they started to charge for it IIRC.

And it isn't stupid. It's actually pretty funny if you're into "dating sims" because of how weird it is.

Teppic

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teppic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Guacamelee! Gold Edition #2 -- MB-F426BAB32A0A49BA - Taken by 2n2. 1 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-7CBF0E36DC7C563A - Taken by Capt.Haddock. 1 entrants total.

t1408718262z1.png
Will also give you 66% off Super Turbo Championship Edition.

The idea for points is: you will always waste a little amount of money.
For example:
if a DLC costs 400 points, you need to buy 500 points, so you spare 100 points. What can you buy with 100 points?
Nothing at all. So if you wanna purchase another DLC, you need to buy another 500 points. And you will spare points forever, basically.

Yeah which is exactly why I never picked up any of the Mass Effect DLCs, just watched Let's Plays for those sections. Horrible business practice.

Hanzou

Any body have an efficient way to sell of their cards? After idling I now have over 200 cards I need to sell. It can be a little cumbersome to find out the lowest buying price for a card when selling as I just want to get rid of them fast don't care about the extra pennies I can make. Anybody have a process for listing a lot of cards fast?

Realize this was an hour ago, but just saw it. The two main ways are have a legitimate heir or give it away to someone under you. It's also possible that if you have something in a far flung region with a different overlord, you may be sol unless you fight the liege. This mostly happens if the title is tied to your spouse, there's no kids eligible, and giving it to a vassal would still put it out of your realm.

Thanks , is crazy how deep this game is, the downside is that im going to be at work all day thinking about playing it

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of fenners, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Legend of Dungeon -- MB-EDC5489023BB03F9 - Taken by StrangeTaco. 14 entrants total.

t1408722522z1.png

Space engineers one the best early access title out there,in terms of weekly update,bug fixes.
Edit:Also,Thanks Teppic! :).So many games and i am playing csgo all day!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of fenners, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ESCHALON BOOK III -- MB-BB1E92E088F93020 - Taken by Gipsy Danger. 2 entrants total.
Steel & Steam Episode 1 -- MB-9944E144B3A2F6FD - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 1 entrants total.

t1408723182z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
I'm sorry you got scammed Liez. It happened to me too a few days ago. I think you have a better chance of recovering it than I do. You should save your chat log with him.

Did he blocked you after that trade?

KingDirk

I get married in less than 9h (pictures in 5h) and I am currently tired because I chose to spend the night before playing Revengeance. This is why I need my (non-Kardashian) wife, I clearly can't be trusted on my own.

Shadownet

Banned
I get married in less than 9h (pictures in 5h) and I am currently tired because I chose to spend the night before playing Revengeance. This is why I need my (non-Kardashian) wife, I clearly can't be trusted on my own.

Congratulation bro :D what are you doing playing video game? You need to spend time with your bros and having an awesome bachelor party.

Also obligatory:
it's still not too late to run. I can book you a plane ticket to Cancun. :p

weird that you folks get scammed. Whenever i trade, i pick stuff from the other person's backpack, put my keys in my section, hit the checkmark and it's done. Seems safe enough to me.

I guess it's through the paypal stuff, like getting keys in the black market? Yeah, i don't mind taking a hit getting keys off the market itself since it's the safest way to go about it. I mean, chances are that i'm already saving a bunch of money as it is anyway.

I dunno, maybe i've just been lucky ::shrugs::

kevin1025

Banned
Any body have an efficient way to sell of their cards? After idling I now have over 200 cards I need to sell. It can be a little cumbersome to find out the lowest buying price for a card when selling as I just want to get rid of them fast don't care about the extra pennies I can make. Anybody have a process for listing a lot of cards fast?

As far as I know (and I don't know much), the easiest way to unload cards is to go to your inventory and on each card it says what the lowest selling point is, and to match that. After the first card you don't have to agree to the terms with the checkbox as it fills itself in from then on, but with over 200 cards, that is going to take a LONG time. Maybe someone knows a faster way? Thought I'd address it to see if anyone had more to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom