• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
Glorious day:
XXh63fWFIskg.png

That's impressive! I just started using the program, supposedly $29 or thereabouts is waiting for me. Steam winter sale slush fund!

So let me see if I got this straight: I can get Borderlands PreSequel off GMG for up to 40% discount, and then GMG will offer me an extra discount on the next game I buy?

I don't think so.

You can get Blands for 10% off and then they'll give you a coupon for 40% off your next purchase.

Panda Rin

people are gonna look at my profile and see 150+ hours of gaming in the past two weeks and see almost every minute of it was because of idling.

Zia

So, I need headphones more accurate than a Grado SR 80. Lovely resonance, but I want something specifically for games (read: Counter-Strike). Any suggestions?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
people are gonna look at my profile and see 150+ hours of gaming in the past two weeks and see almost every minute of it was because of idling.
lol same, I just crossed 100h in the past two weeks and there are still quite a few games to go.

Dr Dogg

Has that konami rep been on GAF recently?
I wonder what he knows about the release date for MGS GZ.

Still pops up now and then. Was online earlier today.

are you talking about the guy that was around during MGR time? I thought he was from Platinum.

Well the tag does say Konami ;)

You guys are both right, there is one from Konami and one from Platinum.

And you're probably thinking of JP Kellams who does indeed work for Platinum and pops up here and there on GAF quite regularly.

Lain

I don't understand these 2K deals. Aren't they the same every single day? What's the point in changing the banner?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
We could spy on his steam and see if he plays GZ early. But that's hardly worth the effort.

Unreleased games don't show up on Steam Community profiles/friends lists. I had a few people ask me what I was playing when Steam keys went out for the Grim Dawn alpha.

Grief.exe

So, I need headphones more accurate than a Grado SR 80. Lovely resonance, but I want something specifically for games (read: Counter-Strike). Any suggestions?

You probably want to look at the Sennheiser HD598, AD700, DT990, AKG Q701/K701, Phillips Fidelio X1/28.

I personally have the Q701s, extremely uncomfortable but excellent sound.

Dr Dogg

We could spy on his steam and see if he plays GZ early. But that's hardly worth the effort.

From my time here I've always found most representative of the companies they work for to be quite engaging if you are polite and use a bit of common sense when asking them any questions regarding titles from their employer. I've always taken it if I don't get an answer it's because they can't say anything so left it at that but most of the time I've got some sort of response.

Sending emails or tweets to what would essentially be the front of house PR blockade hasn't ever really got me anything before but I'm used to the old sales routine of having to dodge the secretary or PA to speak to the decision maker for years so I'm not surprised.

oh wow, looks like it. Thought that guy was from PG.

Give me that MG release date!

I'm semi sort of psyched for Ground Zeroes. Despite playing the meat of it already I do want to see what the PC version can do and what the potential for MGS V is later down the line. A release date would be nice but if it just pops up out of the blue I'd be fine with that either way. I do get the feeling though Konami would be best served in making a big fan fare for it though to drum up some business (look at how mad the Rising first day of Winter Sale discount went down).

How much did you pay for The Pre-Sequel? It worked out £25.99 at my end which is in and around $43.

Jawmuncher

Unreleased games don't show up on Steam Community profiles/friends lists. I had a few people ask me what I was playing when Steam keys went out for the Grim Dawn alpha.

Damn. Guess they figured out what others would do with that info early on.

From my time here I've always found most representative of the companies they work for to be quite engaging if you are polite and use a bit of common sense when asking them any questions regarding titles from their employer. I've always taken it if I don't get an answer it's because they can't say anything so left it at that but most of the time I've got some sort of response.

Sending emails or tweets to what would essentially be the front of house PR blockade hasn't ever really got me anything before but I'm used to the old sales routine of having to dodge the secretary or PA to speak to the decision maker for years so I'm not surprised.

Makes sense. Reminds me when a old forum I frequented had the OXM editor in chief. Was able to get replies back about suggestions and such right away than when I had used the email.

Grief.exe

It depends, the Capcom rep, Wbacon, has been playing Dead Rising 3 and REmake.

Chroma and Nosgoth wouldn't show up in my profile during their respective closed betas. My recent games list would just show 2 entries.

louiedog

There's a big weekend sale on Nordic Games at Humble.

Red Faction: Armageddon - 75% off - $19.99 $4.99
ArcaniA - 75% off - $19.99 $4.99
ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif - 75% off - $14.99 $3.74
The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief - 75% off - $24.99 $6.24
Darksiders II - 75% off - $29.99 $7.49
Chaser - 75% off - $4.99 $1.24
Painkiller: Hell & Damnation Collector's Edition - 75% off - $29.99 $7.49
SpellForce Complete - 80% off - $59.99 $11.99
Codename: Panzers - Cold War - 75% off - $19.99 $4.99
Neighbours from Hell Compilation - 75% off - $9.99 $2.49
SpellForce: Platinum Edition - 75% off - $9.99 $2.49
Darksiders Franchise Pack - 75% off - $59.99 $14.99
Deadfall Adventures - 75% off - $39.99 $9.99
Painkiller Complete Pack - 80% off - $69.99 $13.99
Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive - 75% off - $4.99 $1.24
Full Spectrum Warrior Complete Pack - 75% off - $14.99 $3.74
ArcaniA & Gothic Bundle - 75% off - $49.99 $12.49
Gothic II: Gold Edition - 75% off - $9.99 $2.49
Gothic 3 - 75% off - $9.99 $2.49
MX vs ATV Reflex - 75% off - $19.99 $4.99
Supreme Commander - 75% off - $14.99 $3.74
Painkiller: Black Edition - 75% off - $9.99 $2.49
SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny - 75% off - $14.99 $3.74
Painkiller: Hell & Damnation - 75% off - $19.99 $4.99
Railroad Pioneer - 75% off - $4.99 $1.24
Red Faction - 75% off - $9.99 $2.49
Deadfall Adventures Digital Deluxe - 75% off - $49.99 $12.49
The Book of Unwritten Tales - 75% off - $19.99 $4.99
SpellForce 2: Gold Edition - 75% off - $14.99 $3.74
SuperPower 2 Steam Edition - 75% off - $9.99 $2.49
Red Faction II - 75% off - $9.99 $2.49
Darksiders - 75% off - $19.99 $4.99
Silent Storm Gold Edition - 75% off - $9.99 $2.49
The Guild II - 75% off - $9.99 $2.49

Mono

I'm going to upgrade way-too-full 80 GB harddrive today! Should I use that save game manager on all of my games or just the ones without Steam cloud?

If I use Winclone, do I have to reinstall Windows? :X

Jawmuncher

US Link: http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/promotion/834

US 20% off Coupon ($14.99 minimum purchase): AUG20OFF

Title Discount
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD 65% $5.25 Steam

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition 65% $10.49 Steam

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 65% $13.99 Steam

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - Revelations 65% $2.79 Steam

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 65% $10.49 Steam

Nice deals. Think I'll get LoS2 and MoFHD

You probably want to look at the Sennheiser HD598, AD700, DT990, AKG Q701/K701, Phillips Fidelio X1/28.

I have the HD598s and they sound incredible. Great all-around headphones.

Another pair of headphones that are supposed to be good are the MDR-MA900. Unfortunately they are discontinued by Sony but can still be found for a reasonable price. Thinking of buying them as my next pair. Interested in the Q701/K701s also.

fallout

I'm interested to get some ideas as well. My SR-80s are my go-to headphones for music, but I feel that I could do with something better for positional audio.

Zia

I have a pretty decent headset in the Sennheiser PC, uh, 155? I love its accuracy but it's several years old now, very loose on my head and I don't really want a headset. Plus, it's ugly. The Grado on the other hand sounds beautiful but it's way muddier directionally which makes hearing footfalls in GO a guessing game. They also really hurt my eleven-ass ears and I think have given me cartilage damage. As long as the Q701s feel better than those then I should be alright. I'll do some research among your recommendations though, thank you!

Edit:

I'm interested to get some ideas as well. My SR-80s are my go-to headphones for music, but I feel that I could do with something better for positional audio.

Ha, yeah. We're totally in the same boat.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It depends, the Capcom rep, Wbacon, has been playing Dead Rising 3 and REmake.

Chroma and Nosgoth wouldn't show up in my profile during their respective closed betas. My recent games list would just show 2 entries.

GZ doesn't have a releasestate flag, though, unlike DR3 (the absence of which is what I was referring to with "unreleased", just to be clear).

Edit: Oh, wait, yes it does.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, looking forward to the cards and backgrounds. Going to sell so much.

Looks like that might take a while.

Sekai Project's tumblr said:
Does the Sakura Spirit cards got denied and are on hold for now ?

They’re on hold for now, the developer needs to make new cards.

Looking at that DB, it would seem that opening booster pack is the best choice for maximum profit.

Only for some games. Others have packs worth higher prices than the card themselves.

Always live life on the edge™ and open boosters.

StAidan

I'm going to upgrade way-too-full 80 GB harddrive today! Should I use that save game manager on all of my games or just the ones without Steam cloud?

I always have it back up all my saves, Steam Cloud is great but a little extra caution never hurts :)

yatesl

May have been asked, but is CoD Advanced Warfare ROW, or is the RU version locked? I saw some chatter on a IRC chat that it's ROW but has a tag.

Dr Dogg

Wait? When did this happen to GameFly?

GameFly digital customers: GameFly has sold its digital download business to AtGames Holding Ltd. GameFly will continue to operate the digital download business for AtGames until later this year or until the transition is complete. Please click here for additional details concerning your user information. If you wish to find out more about AtGames, please click here.

garath

I have the Philips X1. Most comfortable headphones ever and the soundstage (which gives you that great positional audio) is phenomenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom